Options

Political Discussions

Comments

• Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trump gonna be roLLin , giDDy uP.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

I read an opinion piece that said a good chunk of Trump's base has bought into the phrase he put out there, "They're only coming after me because I'm in the way, they're really coming after you." So they think Trump will protect them from the big, evil government. I think that's based on an unfounded fear. Another over-laying chunk of Trump's base sees D.C. as 'the swamp' and the only way America can survive is if the swamp is drained, and Trump is the One to do it (One is intentionally capitalized). I don't think the swamp can be drained, moreover, I believe if Trump could actually drain it, the swamp would simply be re-filled with a different kind of sewage and stink.

I base that last part on my understanding of fallen human nature. The founders of this country were cognizant of man's propensity toward corruption, having been corrupted by sin. I'll accept the eye-rolls at this point, but call it whatever you will, the human heart/mind/soul is trending ever downward.

Because of all this, I would much prefer Desantis or Haley over Trump; accept the fact that the swamp is in place, keep it from growing, and manage it where you can. Maybe a Desantis or a Haley can be more of a unifier and actually be good for all of us.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16

@CalvinAndHobo
    Thank you Calvin. I enjoyed the insider’s perspective. Now for the weirdness. I was gonna ask you what “bubbled in” your choices meant but, after sufficiently googling it I figured it out. I already assumed it meant you completed your ballot, but I was not familiar with bubbles. I’ve done plenty of standardized tests and paper ballots In my life and I know how to fill in the choices completely using a #2 pencil only, but I just can’t recall ever calling them bubbles.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

I support Trump because he makes good choices for the country. Also, his tweets really pizz off the far left.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since the Republican Party has no balls, no money and no unity, Trump is the only one that gives a majority of them any hope of getting the country back on the track they'd prefer.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble said:
    Let me help Pedro....

I love the 95% white folk in there too...... let's not offend anyone.......😑

• Options

@Stubble said:

@Vision said:

@Stubble said:
    Let me help Pedro....

Don't assign race....

I'm still deciding myself ......

• Options

@Vision said:

@Stubble said:
    Let me help Pedro....

Can you imagine the backlash If they were minorities.......

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@Vision said:

@Stubble said:
    Let me help Pedro....

Can you imagine the backlash If they were minorities.......

We are all God's children....

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    BullSquatchBullSquatch Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is my least favorite of all the discussion topics....politics is such a waste of time...creates too much division.... hot off the press...we live.. we die.. and all go in a box.... enjoy the show while you can, find Jesus while you can, enjoy your loved ones while you can.. and smoke as many cigars as humanly possible in between...

"Some people meditate, I smoke cigars." - Ron Perlman
    "...I intend to go home tonight and smoke a cigar to the glory of God." - Charles Spurgeon
    Two Time Cigar Lottery Winner

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Making fun of liberals is the best. Although they've been making it way too easy for the last twenty years or so.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree ^^^ but it's still fun nonetheless

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

We need to recruit more libs, tough ones that can take a beating and keep coming back for more, like Francis.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

@dirtdude said:
    We need to recruit more libs, tough ones that can take a beating and keep coming back for more, like Francis.

Francis like a good pounding in more ways then one.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:
    In today’s world, it doesn’t really matter what side of the fence you identify with… The bottom line is all politicians are corrupt, or eventually will become corrupt. As a traditionalist and constitutionalist I still believe in what this country was founded upon. It’s worth fighting for.

Except the whole slavery thing..... all but that.

• Options

You think that this country was founded on slavery?

-- Winston Churchill

• Options

@Usaf06 said:
    You think that this country was founded on slavery?

🥸🙄 oh boy..... I think Joker said it best..... "Why so serious"

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4

This is how some people today seem to take the saying "pick your battles":

Pretend a long dead subject is still relevant, and that others are supporting the wrong side of history.

You win every time.

It just feels SO good to be right.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain