Options

Stupid **** that pops into my head

1232425262729»

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Get a haircut, damned hippy!!!! :#

IKR. I remember falling into that category for a few years, my uncles threatened to hold me down. What a long strange trip it's been.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat You're a non-conformist simply because you're not conforming to what the "newfangleds" say is the new normal.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@peter4jc said:
    @Amos_Umwhat You're a non-conformist simply because you're not conforming to what the "newfangleds" say is the new normal.

Thank you. I agree wholeheartedly. I didn't ever conform to the old "normal", either. And thus it ever shall be.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,457 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do me, they can do them!

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Why does it seem that cigars from other botl are better than the same cigars I buy myself?

I think it's the same principle as money won is sweeter than money earned.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else think @peter4jc's profile picture looks a lot like King Charles?

Anyone else find it strange to say or type King Charles instead of Prince Charles?

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:
    Anyone else think @peter4jc's profile picture looks a lot like King Charles?

Anyone else find it strange to say or type King Charles instead of Prince Charles?

Yes he’s been prince so long it does seem odd to hear it any other way. Does he even have a last name? I wouldn’t know.

Peter’s profile pic might remind you of what’s his name but to me it looks exactly like Alfred E. Newman.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    Yes he’s been prince so long it does seem odd to hear it any other way. Does he even have a last name? I wouldn’t know.

Peter’s profile pic might remind you of what’s his name but to me it looks exactly like Alfred E. Newman.

Didn't Mad Magazine use an image like that?

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

Instead of just giving away our money to Ukraine, why aren't we loaning it to them, like their European neighbors do?

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Corruption and kickbacks.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options

@Stubble said:

But, who would do that?

• Options

• Options

Probably the anonymous post-flagger.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Stubble said:

But, who would do that?

Every last one of them.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    edited March 3

This happens to be a second-hand stupid sh** question. My 2nd cousin wants to know, and now I do too...........
    why did Buck Owens often wear his overalls backwards on Hee Haw.
    I have been googling this question as many ways as I can. So far, I've only found two glancing references to the fact that it happened, but no explanation. I found some nobody on reddit who stated that it was good luck to do so, but googling that supposed fact got me nowhere also.
    Anybody happen to know? Or is willing to google it better than me?

• Options

@Rdp77 said:
    My guess was that it was just part of the whole schtick of the show

I had a guess or two myself. Maybe it was an inside joke that was not revealed, or maybe it was the result of a lost bet.

I came across this idea on at least one internet forum, a guy who speculated that it came from country farmer etiquette. Farmers who got blood and guts and perhaps sh** on the front of their overalls might turn their overalls around if they went into town, as a courtesy to others. But I think there might be more examples than Buck Owens on Hee Haw if that were the case.

I also came across a supposed quote, where Buck said he would never wear overalls for the show, with the implication that they wanted him in overalls on the show, So from that I could guess it was a form of protest while fulfilling their wishes or even stipulations of a contract.

• Options

With open arms America welcomes people who are known world-wide for chanting "Death to America" in response to any problem in their lives, in their own countries.

Then we wonder:

"What could go wrong?"

How stupid is that?

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are an equal opportunity newcomer welcoming committee.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is none outside the blue cities. The rest of us know better.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why does my weather channel list some days as mostly sunny and some as partly cloudy? Isn't that the same thing?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.