Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Duder2:
    PuroFreak:
    Just finished an El Cobre by Oliva and all I have to say is WOW! One of the best smokes I've had in a while. The last smoke I had that really blew me away like this one was the Alec Bradley Pryme. Thanks a million to Joe, who hooked me up with the two El Cobres. I smoked the first one shortly after I got them and don't remember it being this amazingly good. I will be purchasing more of these gems!
    I agree, the El Cobre is probably my #1 all time fav stick. And yes, they age very well. Good luck finding them though. I've tried to contact Ccom about getting some, but have gotten conflicting answers. Not sure if you can still get them or not.

Today we christened our new fire pit in the back yard and it ended up being a 3 stick day for me. Started with a MOW, totally awesome stick as usual. Next up was an Arganese Uno Puro. It was pretty good, kinda mild, decent stick. Last was a CAO L’Anniversaire Maduro in a vitola they don't make anymore the deluxe I. It was pretty good, tight draw, but good flavors. It's been one hell of a beautiful day up here in the Pac NW!
    Well I do know where to get my hands on some and if you're interested, shoot me a PM. The price is pretty good on them too.
    I can get you some of these as well from a local place here in NC. Let me know if any of you are interested.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    NYHCx516x:
    Sitting on the porch, reading the nice night time air. Had a Perdomo ESV 1991. Perfect evening.
    Yesterday was a five fer day... The first time I remember doing that. Included were.. Nica Libre 1990 left me wanting more, soooo. Perdomo ESV 1991, left me wanting more in a good way, Camacho Havana, very tasty, as always. Next up Torano 1916, very smooth with an excellent taste and burn. Last on the list, Rocky Patel Vintage 1992. Thats enough for one day. :} Spent alot of time relaxing with neighbors and Stella Artois.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Bout to go enjoy a Gurkha Empire III then probably a Greycliff G2 Turbo after dinner.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Today is going to be a God Of Fire Double Robusto By Carlito. (man I smile just saying that) It's my birthday and this is my present to me :)

It's warm and sunny outside. This may be the first stick enjoyed on the patio this year.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    ejenne87:
    PuroFreak:
    Duder2:
    PuroFreak:
    Just finished an El Cobre by Oliva and all I have to say is WOW! One of the best smokes I've had in a while. The last smoke I had that really blew me away like this one was the Alec Bradley Pryme. Thanks a million to Joe, who hooked me up with the two El Cobres. I smoked the first one shortly after I got them and don't remember it being this amazingly good. I will be purchasing more of these gems!
    I agree, the El Cobre is probably my #1 all time fav stick. And yes, they age very well. Good luck finding them though. I've tried to contact Ccom about getting some, but have gotten conflicting answers. Not sure if you can still get them or not.

Today we christened our new fire pit in the back yard and it ended up being a 3 stick day for me. Started with a MOW, totally awesome stick as usual. Next up was an Arganese Uno Puro. It was pretty good, kinda mild, decent stick. Last was a CAO L’Anniversaire Maduro in a vitola they don't make anymore the deluxe I. It was pretty good, tight draw, but good flavors. It's been one hell of a beautiful day up here in the Pac NW!
    Well I do know where to get my hands on some and if you're interested, shoot me a PM. The price is pretty good on them too.
    I can get you some of these as well from a local place here in NC. Let me know if any of you are interested.
    INTERESTED... trade perhaps?
  • Options
    laker1963:
    ejenne87:
    PuroFreak:
    Duder2:
    PuroFreak:

INTERESTED... trade perhaps?
    I'm slowing down on the buying for a while, honestly. Otherwise I would be more than happy to trade. I am just not smoking as many as I used to and if I keep buying like I have been I'll have to get ANOTHER cooler on top of the 2 I already have...

I'd be happy to get you the info for the B&M that sells them here though, they are some pretty great guys and they have a phenominal selection.
  • Options
    I just had my first DPG My Father, robusto. It was a pretty great cigar, I really enjoyed it. The only thing that took away from the experience was the phone call I got while I was outside in this beautiful weather enjoying it and a beer... People need to know that I don't like to be bothered during "cigar time."
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    Today is going to be a God Of Fire Double Robusto By Carlito. (man I smile just saying that) It's my birthday and this is my present to me :)

It's warm and sunny outside. This may be the first stick enjoyed on the patio this year.
    Happy birthday Doug! Hope you enjoy that GOF! If you interested in the El Cobre shoot me a PM. I smoked my last one last night, but know where to order more and may be getting a bundle of 25 soon.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a Nica Libre 1990 with my coffe outside on my patio this morning and just finished a Gurhka Legend outside in beautiful weather. Our weather called for rain all day and we woke up to sunny, 60 degree weather. Had to take advantage when I could.
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    5 Vegas Cask strength w a Beefeater martini, the ribs are slow cooking on the grill. Happy B'day to me! (Eisenhower was president if you must know)
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    5 Vegas "A"
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    ISOM RyJ Tubo #2 from 08. Nice little smoke.

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    started with a 5 Vegas Gold, the first time I've had one. good mild stick. lots of smoke and mellow flavor. smoked it whilst mowing the lawn. i feel at least another stick or two this evening. can't end a day with a mild stick, must enjoy a full bodied one as well.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Perfect weather today, cruising with my buddy on his boat while enjoying a Camacho 08/22 followed by ribs from the smoker.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    CAO Brazilia. Fantastic! Lots of great flavors present.
  • Options
    bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    Had a RP signature this morning, a 5 Vegas Triple A this afternoon, and i'm currently smoking a Nica Libre.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    enjoying a GOF Carlito 2006 right now. Damn fine stick. I will have to compare it to my GOF Carlos when I smoke it.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I don't know what I smoked yesterday or today. I had mystery stick A yesterday and B today. Gotta wait to find out later. Both were good sticks minus a bit of burn issues on both.
  • Options
    Oliva G Maduro Had to work the base to get it to open up but still was a dame fine stick
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    had a verdadero organic this afternoon, nice mild stick and the raisin flavor and aroma was very nice
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I had an AJ Fernandez Signature Torpedo last night. Not a bad stick, perfect construction, draw and burn. I had this now in a couple vitolas. IMO the Robusto is the best size for this.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Had a 5 Vegas AAA last night. I was kind of disappointed with the flavors. I think I prefer the Diesel over it.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Last night was:
    * Rocky Patel American Market Selection (terrible IMO)
    * Rocky Patel Connecticut (quite nice)
    * Oliva Connecticut Reserve (quite nice)
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    601 green oscuro tronco. Pretty good though I prefer the red, blue and Cubao in this line. Nice full flavor and strength however.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a trusty Puros Indios Viejo... I really like that cigar. Wish it came in a 6x60 though.

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    La Herencia Cubana, 5 Vegas A, Cuba Libre, and a RP Conneticut
  • Options
    the last 3 nights I have had Rocky Patel Edge Tabaco Baez & Brickhouse Tabaco Baez.... what's next decisions--decisions
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Graycliff G2 Turbo
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    La Herencia Cubana, 5 Vegas A, Cuba Libre, and a RP Conneticut
    As if 4 weren't enough, I had a nightcap, a IT SF Maduro Toro that had been sitting for 2 months and it was oh, so good.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Yesterday I found out that I had a 5 Vegas CS II. Tonight I'm smoking cigar C....interesting smoke and I'm looking forward to fig. out what the heck it is.