Home Non Cigar Related

World Cup 2010 - http://espn.go.com/espn3/

Anybody here follow the world cup? I am a big fan and btw - the USA team is looking really good this year...

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Most obvious game: Brazil is going to kill North Korea. Unfortunately, the North Korean team will be executed when they go back home.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    so pumped that WC 2010 is underway, watching the Uruguay v. France game as we speak.. cant wait for the U.S. v. England game tomorrow, its gonna be epic
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    Most obvious game: Brazil is going to kill North Korea. Unfortunately, the North Korean team will be executed when they go back home.
    Really? Kill the entire team? wow that should go down well...
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I don't have anything nice to say about soccer, in general, so I won't offer my .02 on the World Cup.

However, the controversey surrounding the Cup in South Africa is pretty interesting, though......

On the first day, you already have a big to-do over poor people being evicted out of their homes to make room for the soccer fans and, on a sad note, the grandaughter of Nelson Mandela was killed by drunk driver this morning in Johanesburg.

The dark cloud over the Cup can only get darker from this point on........
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    This cup looks promising. Besides the French team which looks horrible (they don't seem to want to be here)... In any case - here is a link to watch the games for free online - http://espn.go.com/espn3/
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    sightunseen:
    I am just afraid that the fans are going to boo them and then we'll have nuces flying everywhere...
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait for the most anticipated match up of the world cup...England vs USA.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    my gfs brother in law leaves in a couple days for South Africa...he got tickets for free...hes psyched as he is actually from south africa as well
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    This is the only time I will ever watch soccer. I am just not that big of a fan but I really look forward to the World Cup for some reason. I watch as many of the games as I can but I cant seem to get into the sport any other time.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i watched mexico tie south africa (it was stolen from mexico on a crappy call) and shortly thereafter watched Uruguay tie France in the most uninteresting match with 6 yellow cards and one red card ever. like 90% of that game was played in the middle third of the field.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I just don't get it. I wouldn't go to a soccer match if it was held across the street from me, I had free tickets with seats on the players bench, and all the beer I could drink. I do however, enjoy watching the brawls between the fans !
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Im not a big fan of watching Soccer. The exception is the World Cup! I think that this brand of soccer is fantastic! Ill be watchng today at 1:30
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    OK, I dont watch a lot of soccer so I have to ask what is prolly a really stupid question - WHAT THE HE11 is that noise that sounds like bees buzzing around while Im watching the games??? SOOOOOOO irritating!!!
    <br
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Not a fan at all. It's a ball, you've got hands, use them. Who thought that one up? I'm seriously thinking about painting some of my bowling balls black and white and leaving them out on the local field.
    The Sniper:
    OK, I dont watch a lot of soccer so I have to ask what is prolly a really stupid question - WHAT THE HE11 is that noise that sounds like bees buzzing around while Im watching the games??? SOOOOOOO irritating!!!
    a very large percentage of people that enter the stadium bring with them these cheap long plastic horns. when you have a few thousand of them in a stadium all at once thats the noise you end up with.

BTW
    The US held their own against England. 1-1 tie. way to be USA. did better than i thought you would.

...too bad i missed the game. (but i did see Argentina win)
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Big fan of world cup here,so far the big dogs failled to show me great soccer but i always like to see underdogs perform well. I am pretty sure the games will get better and better. Tommorow I predict wins for Serbia and Germany, but you never know. That is why i like the game!
    The Sniper:
    You TV is broken, lol just kidding! Its the vuvuzelas that are big part of the african soccer culture, they dont bother me at all. They are actually more anoying if you are at the stadium!
    Actually the refs made the right call on that one Kuzi,it takes two players to cover an offside-it could be a goalie and a player or any other two players,in that case there was only one player therefore offside!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ze Germanz are up Huge!
    I feel bad for Australia right now.
    Yap,the Germans are ruthless, so far the team to play the best tactical soccer is them, have to see Netherlands and Italy though!
    It's gonna be a good match up but I have Italy winning 2-1.
    And Netherlands 1-0.
    bigbgballz:
    Actually the refs made the right call on that one Kuzi,it takes two players to cover an offside-it could be a goalie and a player or any other two players,in that case there was only one player therefore offside!
    it looked like at the time of the pass the goalie was between as well.
    bigbgballz:
    Yap,the Germans are ruthless, so far the team to play the best tactical soccer is them, have to see Netherlands and Italy though!
    the germans play my favorite style of soccer. they are very calm at all times. its amazing.

even though they are young dont count out brazil.
    My predictions for tommorow are:italy to tie,win for netherlands and cameroon!
    +1 on Brazil,i didnt mention them but they are always good!
    kuzi16:
    bigbgballz:
    it was close that is for sure,i had my money on Mexico but i lost it!
    bigbgballz:
    kuzi16:
    bigbgballz:
    it was close that is for sure,i had my money on Mexico but i lost it!
    i guess i should also stop watching world cup soccer on a tiny tv with the sound down in my local B&M with a bunch of guys who dont know jack about the game. ... i missed a bunch of the game that i wanted to see because of that.

oh well.

on that note... ive now seen every team that i wanted to see play but one.
    Brazil

anyone know if thats gunna be on ABC or ESPN?
    bigbgballz:
    My predictions for tommorow are:italy to tie,win for netherlands and cameroon!
    italy by one. 2-1

netherlands by one

cameroon by two.

for tuesday:
    Brazil by 2

Portugal by 2

New Zealand and Slovokia tie in a frustrating mess.