Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had a Gurkha Legend Perfecto tonight. This one had at least 2 years of age. Probably closer to 2 1/2 to 3 years. I have to say that there was NOTHING special about this cigar. I got some good flavors in the beginning but the draw was too tight. So, I cut some and they all disappeared. All in all, an average smoke which is a shame because I have had really good ones before.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    illinoisgolf99:
    Man o War original.. paired it with some Buffalo Trace but that seemed to overpower it

UUmmmm Buffalo Trace ....
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had a JdN Dark Corojo today. The wrapper was cracked near the foot on this one when I got it, but I decided to give it a shot anyway. It actually burned ok, and tasted great. The wrapper issues worked themselves out after about 2 inches and everything got much better. It didn't get bitter either. Nubbed the sucker and actually burned my fingers a little. I love that. These things seems to do better in the 65-66 rh range. Still needed some touchup, moreso than most cigars, but it was worth it.
  • Options
    AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Posts: 406
    tired from work today....i had to relax with an Aurora 2nd's robusto....darn good stick for the price.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Partagas Black robusto this afternoon, I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Finished off the night with a Perdomo Lot 23 robusto, I don't know what the consensus is on that cigar, but for me it is simply fantastic every time.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Had a 5 Vegas Limitada 2010. It was pretty good at times, very good occasionally. I was wishing it was very good the entire time. :)
    j0z3r:
    Had a Partagas Black robusto this afternoon, I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Finished off the night with a Perdomo Lot 23 robusto, I don't know what the consensus is on that cigar, but for me it is simply fantastic every time.
    I've only had one Lot 23 and I really enjoyed it. In general, I tend to forget about Perdomo's line a bit, which is too bad given their overall quality.
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    Just finished my first MOW tonight. I have to say, I enjoyed it very much, but had some burn issues around the last third or so. Kinda ruined it for me. lasted FOREVER though lol, I'll give one another shot in a week or two.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Had an Illusione 88 last night. A shame I was trying to get other things done because that stick was really freaking delicious.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just finished up a 5 Vegas Relic...
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Im thinkin an IT Fire
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    Geno5000Geno5000 Posts: 56
    Just killed a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur, tasty tasty. Had a weird draw though. A small space about the size of a pin head running straight through the entire thing.
  • Options
    Geno5000:
    Just killed a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur, tasty tasty. Had a weird draw though. A small space about the size of a pin head running straight through the entire thing.
    Where is the hole located? If it's somewhere on the body of the cigar, you might want to check for beetles. And welcome to the forums, hope you stick around.
  • Options
    Oh it's not beetles, it's straight through the dead center of the filler, like it was rolled that way.
  • Options
    Geno5000:
    Oh it's not beetles, it's straight through the dead center of the filler, like it was rolled that way.
    Oh, ok. I feel very relieved.
  • Options
    Hah, your concern for my humidor is comforting. ;)
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    got to burn a DIESEL UNHOLY COCKTAIL to make room for the new one i ordered on the daily deal.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    smoked an Onyx Reserve No. 4.. tasty but needed more time in the humi to rest
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Smoked a Nestor Reserve Maduro I received in a trade. Very good smoke for price, wouldn't mind having another.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just finished up an arganese maduro figurado...nice stick..
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Those Arganese are a really good cigar, worth twice the price in my opinion. Had one yesterday.
  • Options
    Ironworker63Ironworker63 Posts: 185
    vegassparky:
    got to burn a DIESEL UNHOLY COCKTAIL to make room for the new one i ordered on the daily deal.
    Ditto...I just finished a Diesel Unholy Cocktail and complimented it with a Leinie's Creamy Dark, what a great pair!!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    illinoisgolf99:
    smoked an Onyx Reserve No. 4.. tasty but needed more time in the humi to rest
    ive been meaning to age one of these. i never seem to be able to. i kinda like em fresh.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    MOW Torpedo
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    had a Diesel Shorty before the afternoon heat came stomping in
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Had ccom Blue Label, I like the Purple better.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Ironworker63:
    vegassparky:
    Ditto...I just finished a Diesel Unholy Cocktail and complimented it with a Leinie's Creamy Dark, what a great pair!!!
    Nice, John. Me you and Steve need to have a Maduro smoke fest one night!

Tonight I'm having a 08 5 Vegas Miami Robusto (original Pepin spicy blend). Very spicy, indeed.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Illusione cg:4
  • Options
    Just finished up a CAO Gold, love these things. Easy, easy to smoke. Caught some "these guys are young'in's" flack from the cigar shop owner though. 24 ain't THAT young.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Geno5000:
    Just finished up a CAO Gold, love these things. Easy, easy to smoke. Caught some "these guys are young'in's" flack from the cigar shop owner though. 24 ain't THAT young.
    I'm only 22, and get a lot of "flack" from old dudes at B&Ms who automatically assume I just want to smoke cigars with some... extras... in them.
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't know TOO much about the construction and all that, but I've smoked a lot and I know what I like. The fact that I know and have smoked 60% of the brands in the walk in should be enough to bypass the ageism.