Home Non Cigar Related

FOOTBALL Season is allmost here!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Why do my Panthers not get any respect?
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    dutyje:
    Why do my Panthers not get any respect?

Did you Delhomme is French for "The Man." Ironically, he ain't. I kid, Duty. I have nothing against the Panthers. They're my third favorite expansion franchise.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    Celtic Rider:
    damn bears are pissing me off!!!!! We should be 3-0
    2-1 at best.. remember, you played my Panthers
    Your Cats look good bro .. they are definetly the team to beat in the NFC South!

That's just like saying they're the tallest person at a midget convention!
    Well yea but still ...

They would be a distant last place in the NFC East BUT lucky for them they play in the South.
    Luko:
    I have nothing against the Panthers. They're my third favorite expansion franchise.
    HAHA thats wrong ...
    Y'all are just way too funny... we'll see how this all plays out as the season moves along. Then, come January, I'll be sure to dig this back up to remind you.
    Hey I was giving you guys respect. But lets be serious, you think you could hack it in the NFC East?
    madurofan:
    Hey I was giving you guys respect. But lets be serious, you think you could hack it in the NFC East?
    We'd sweep your 'Skins and the Giants, we'd get murdered by the Cowboys, and we'd split with the Eagles... so yeah, I say we'd fare better than half the teams in the division
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    We'd sweep your 'Skins and the Giants, we'd get murdered by the Cowboys, and we'd split with the Eagles... so yeah, I say we'd fare better than half the teams in the division
    Thats hilarious! The East is a smash mouth run it down you throat division you guys are allowing 113 yards per game rushing(19th), while averaging only 101(22nd).

Delhomme wouldn't make it through one half against the Eagles or the Giants. Your offensive line is just average, at best, already giving up 9 sacks of Delhomme in less attempts than any of the four NFC QBs who have an average of 4.75 sacks with McNabb having the most at 7.

You're Cats are 27th in total offense and 21st in points, hardly enough to take on the high scoring NFC East teams. All four NFC East teams are in the Top 15 in offense and defense.

Be thankful for the division you're in bc if you took ANY of the NFC East teams and put them in the South and they win the division with a minimum division record of 5-1.
    When Wharton gets back to the OL, and we turn Stewart into the de facto starter, the running game will be at the same level as the Stephen Davis / DeShaun Foster lineup we had when we went to the Super Bowl. The power running game will take the pressure off Jake, and the variety of passing weapons will force more of the defense into coverage. Our defensive line is a weakness at the moment, but we have one of the best linebacking corps in the NFL. We'll keep ourselves in any game, and comes the 4th quarter, Jake Delhomme is the best quarterback in the NFL who isn't on Injured Reserve.
    dutyje:
    Jake Delhomme is the best quarterback in the NFL who isn't on Injured Reserve.
    Ahem, Donovan McNabb, Peyton Manning, Tony Romo, Drew Brees, Jay Cutler, Ben Roethlisberger and probably even Brett Favre. Honestly I'm not a Panthers hater at all I've always liked John Fox but I'd take any those guys ove Delhomme, any game, any quarter.
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    Ahem, Donovan McNabb, Peyton Manning, Tony Romo, Drew Brees, Jay Cutler, Ben Roethlisberger and probably even Brett Favre. Honestly I'm not a Panthers hater at all I've always liked John Fox but I'd take any those guys ove Delhomme, any game, any quarter.
    4th Quarter:

Donovan McNabb: No
    Peyton Manning: Maybe
    Tony Romo: No freaking way!
    Drew Brees: Definitely not
    Jay Cutler: Worse than Romo
    Ben Roethlisberger: No.. well maybe, but only because I've got a Roethlisberger Miami jersey hanging in my closet.
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    4th Quarter:

Donovan McNabb: No
    Peyton Manning: Maybe
    Tony Romo: No freaking way!
    Drew Brees: Definitely not
    Jay Cutler: Worse than Romo
    Ben Roethlisberger: No.. well maybe, but only because I've got a Roethlisberger Miami jersey hanging in my closet.

Sorry to say, but Eli is a big yes. Biggest game, biggest stage, biggest moment and he delivered. I would say move Peyton from maybe to yes, definitely. Big Ben has the potential, but he did crap the sheets in the Super Bowl. I agree for the most part on the others.

All-time, without looking up stats, who would want at qb in the fourth quarter? I think I'd go Elway...
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Marino, in his prime.
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    Oh, hold on a second there Maddy.. I didn't notice this the first time... do you work for the political media or something? Suddenly my out-of-context quote makes it sound like I'm saying Jake's the best QB in the NFL aside from Tom Brady! Umm.. I don't know if he's even Top 10. I was saying that in the 4th quarter (particularly when we're behind), there is no QB in the NFL I'd rather have taking the snaps than Jake Delhomme (besides Tom Brady).

We don't really use Jake a whole lot in the first half of the game. When we do use him, he's not very effective. Our model is to run and pound the ball, play field position, and wear down the opponent in the first half. When things start to open up (which sometimes doesn't happen), the defense is forced to bring men up against the run, clearing the secondary. Play-action passing in the 3rd quarter, and Jake's transformation into Johnny Unitas in the 4th quarter, finish off our strategy.
    I didn't mean to misquote you duty. You noticed I said any game, any quarter, I knew you meant 4th and in hindsight should've kept that part on your quote. It wasn't intentional.
    I can't find any damn come from behind or 4th quarter stats, yes I'm a stats junkie as well.
    madurofan:
    I didn't mean to misquote you duty. You noticed I said any game, any quarter, I knew you meant 4th and in hindsight should've kept that part on your quote. It wasn't intentional.
    Yeah, sure... I know you... that was Redskinian propaganda right there! ;)

I was reading Luko's message, and glanced up and saw the quote by me... and it looked like I said Jake was the best QB in the NFL aside from Tom Brady. My initial thought was that I had made a mistake in typing my argument, and I had to go back and re-read my post. Then, I thought maybe you had mis-interpreted my post. I'm a fan, but I'm not cluelessly biased (like Cowboys fans).
    dutyje:
    I'm a fan, but I'm not cluelessly biased (like Cowboys fans).
    Neither am I, lol. Cowpokes fans *shakes head*, if they live in Texas thats one thing but the beltway Cowboys fans, ughh.
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    I'm a fan, but I'm not cluelessly biased (like Cowboys fans).
    Neither am I, lol. Cowpokes fans *shakes head*, if they live in Texas thats one thing but the beltway Cowboys fans, ughh.
    Yeah, I should have clarified... Cowboys fans with no connection to Texas. They're unbelievable. Almost every single one of them. You get that with any fan base, but the Cowboys seem to have the lion's share of the idiots. I like having a conversation with a fan that can carry a relatively objective conversation.
    How's this for objective. I think the Redskins are the fourth best team in the NFC East, right now. But I believe they are the 6th best team in the NFC.
    Hail to the Redskins
    Hail to Victory ....

Beast of the East baby! You still think you'd sweep the skins duty? After they just beat the team you said would stomp your Cats! AT HOME!
    madurofan:
    Hail to the Redskins
    Hail to Victory ....

Beast of the East baby! You still think you'd sweep the skins duty? After they just beat the team you said would stomp your Cats! AT HOME!
    No... the Cowboys and Redskins both look really good. I watched the Panthers embarrass themselves in today's victory over the Falcons. We also suffered some injuries which, if they prove to be long term, seriously jeopardize our playoff hopes. I just watched the Eagles and Bears trade interceptions, and thought to myself, "dang, this is the same crappy football I watched this afternoon." I watched the 'Boys and the Redskins, and that was football of an entirely different level. Like I watched a high school game at 1 PM, then a professional game at 4 PM. You're right. The East looks amazing.
    Who went down for you guys? I think people are underestimating the Falcons. I think they're a lot better than people thought. Petrino really was just THAT BAD!
  • BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    GO PACKERS GO CHEESE HEADS!!!!! WE DONT NEED BRETT ( he sucks this season anyways ) how many people out there enjoy college football?
    BigDan.:
    GO PACKERS GO CHEESE HEADS!!!!! WE DONT NEED BRETT ( he sucks this season anyways ) how many people out there enjoy college football?
    6 TDs yesterday, thats far from sucking.
    I wish I sucked at football as much as Brett Favre

Maddy - the Falcons aren't bad at all. We just played a horrible game (they managed to play worse). I was nervous, though, because Matt Ryan is going to be an amazing quarterback. He just plain wins football games. As far as injuries, we lost two key offensive linemen (Jordan Gross, Jeff Otah). Jake also suffered an injury, but it looks like he'll be OK. We just got Travelle Wharton back on the offensive line, and if we lose either Gross or Otah for any period of time, we won't be able to get the kinks worked out in time to be a factor this year. When Jake is under constant pressure, he is a horrible quarterback.
    dutyje:
    No crap! Then I would be as poor as he is!
    dutyje:
    I was nervous, though, because Matt Ryan is going to be an amazing quarterback. He just plain wins football games.
    Agreed. I dind't know what to think of him coming out of college with all those picks. Looks like the Falcons finally have a QB.
    dutyje:
    As far as injuries, we lost two key offensive linemen (Jordan Gross, Jeff Otah). Jake also suffered an injury, but it looks like he'll be OK.
    Why doesn't ESPN or anything else talk about these injuries, they only care when a big name goes down.
    dutyje:
    When Jake is under constant pressure, he is a horrible quarterback.
    This could be said about any QB. See Big Ben.
    dutyje:

Maddy - the Falcons aren't bad at all. We just played a horrible game (they managed to play worse). I was nervous, though, because Matt Ryan is going to be an amazing quarterback. He just plain wins football games. As far as injuries, we lost two key offensive linemen (Jordan Gross, Jeff Otah). Jake also suffered an injury, but it looks like he'll be OK. We just got Travelle Wharton back on the offensive line, and if we lose either Gross or Otah for any period of time, we won't be able to get the kinks worked out in time to be a factor this year. When Jake is under constant pressure, he is a horrible quarterback.

I heard John Clayton and the other talking heads say as much as Chris Johnson in Tennessee has impressed, Otah probably is the best of the rookie class so far. Didn't hurt that he's from P-I-T-T, Pitt, Pitt, Pitt.

The Falcons are pretty tough...Michael Turner is looking like the real deal and John Abraham, after completely **** over the Jets for a few seasons, is leading the league in sacks, I do believe.

dutyje:

I heard John Clayton and the other talking heads say as much as Chris Johnson in Tennessee has impressed, Otah probably is the best of the rookie class so far. Didn't hurt that he's from P-I-T-T, Pitt, Pitt, Pitt.

The Falcons are pretty tough...Michael Turner is looking like the real deal and John Abraham, after completely **** over the Jets for a few seasons, is leading the league in sacks, I do believe.

Luko:
    John Abraham, after completely **** over the Jets for a few seasons, is leading the league in sacks, I do believe.
    I don't know about that Kool Hand ... he was hurt and then asked to play in a 3-4.