• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Tatuaje Havana VI, very nice.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Diamondog:
    docbp87:
    Diamondog:
    I am doing a Cuban No. 2 Trifecta today....started the day off with a Partagas Serie P No. 2, great stick...
    Diplo and Monte next?
    Heading out now for an Upmann No. 2...
    Nice, love the Upmann #2, favorite isom torpedo along with the Serie P. Speaking of torpedos, have you had the Vegas Robaina Unicos? And if so, what did you think of it?
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    a blend lab TO-554
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    martymcg43:
    a blend lab TO-554
    How are those?

• Options
    not too bad. nothing spectacular. a bit of spice through the nose. some coffee/cocoa... decent amount of leather. medium bodied. could have used a bit more age. i'll probably get a couple more and let them sit 6mos or so.
  • Options
    and the stick is a log. it didnt have any give to it. i thought it was going to be unsmokable. draws a bit tight but not that bad. just thought that was odd.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    j0z3r:
    Diamondog:
    docbp87:
    Diamondog:
    I am doing a Cuban No. 2 Trifecta today....started the day off with a Partagas Serie P No. 2, great stick...
    Diplo and Monte next?
    Heading out now for an Upmann No. 2...
    Nice, love the Upmann #2, favorite isom torpedo along with the Serie P. Speaking of torpedos, have you had the Vegas Robaina Unicos? And if so, what did you think of it?
    I have had 1, was good, nice flavour profile...not as potent as I expected but would certainly stock these, nice stick...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i had a diplomaticos #4 a while back but i was unimpressed with it. iduno... i think its a blending style thing.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Rocky Patel Sun Grown...it's as good as the last one!
  • Options
    Heading out to complete the trifecta with a Montecristo No. 2...
  • Options
    Just had an A. Turrent Triple Play at the B&M. Just didnt do it for me for some reason.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I am about to be off for a couple of days so I'm hoping to be able to get a smoke or two in. Can't wait to try the smoke I picked up from the new boutique factory near my work. Hopefully I'll be lighting it up Tuesday evening with my buddy Nick. Also ready to fire up my La Aurora 107 corona. Been thinking about that cigar for over a week now.
  • Options
    Had a Diesel Unlimited this morning...
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    kuzi16:
    Nick2021:
    Decided to light another stogie up...Illusione CG4...not a bad cigar, gave me a slight "buzz" towards the end. Enjoyed it :)
    the newer CG4s and illusiones in general have been much better than the early release ones. i found those to be very inconsistent. i need to pick one up again. its been too long since ive visited that old friend.
    I tried a CG4 about a year ago at the Ohio Herf on the recommendation of Kuzi and Matt. I wasn't a big fan and Matt told me it was probably just a bad stick. Matt went into the humidor dug deep to the bottom of the box and gave me another stick to try again. That stick has been resting for almost a year. I hope that like what Kuzi posted here that it was just inconsistent and the one I have is much better. If I do not like this one maybe I will give a newer one another shot.
  • Options
    GHausGHaus Posts: 74
    A buddy of mine brought over two RyJ Reserva Reals on Saturday for the Big 12 Championship. It tasted so much better after OU kicked ass. I love it so much because I live in Omaha and get to rub it my buddies faces. Boomer Sooner!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Hey dog. It seems like this one is becoming a regular with you. Makes me want to try the one you sent me to see what the fuss is all about.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Diamondog:
    Hey dog. It seems like this one is becoming a regular with you. Makes me want to try the one you sent me to see what the fuss is all about.
    Oh definately, real good stick....daily for me...I like it better than UHC and I like it too....fire the one I sent ya up, It has a couple months on it I believe...
  • Options
    Ride In Nica Libe... was pretty meh.
    Ride Home Ccom Cuban Label nubed it as always.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:

Stephen did you have coffee with the Nica Libre? I find that it really helps me get into the stick. As long as it's not Army sludge coffee.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    stephen_hannibal:

Stephen did you have coffee with the Nica Libre? I find that it really helps me get into the stick. As long as it's not Army sludge coffee.
    Yeah it wasn't the best.

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    So every 6 months or so I do one of two things. I try out an infused stick, or a Gurkha. Today it was that time and I tried out a G5 Avenger. Not a bad stick actually. Reminded me of a less powerful, less flavorful Sancho Panza Double Maduro. I enjoyed it though. Burned really cool, and I could let it sit for 10 minutes or so and not have to relight. Good for reading. I didn't like it enough to buy more, but it wasn't bad.

After that I had more firewood and more reading to do so I lit up a regular Man o War robusto. I always forget how much I like these. Damn fine cigar. I've got a couple five packs that are just now hitting the 1 year mark that are probably going to be opened in the near future.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    JDN Antano.... too cold out so in the basement with the cellar door open and a space heater!
  • Options
    Rocky Patel Edge...took a bit to light, but enjoying it!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Sandman1am:
    stephen_hannibal:

Yeah it wasn't the best.

The stick or the coffee? LOL
  • Options
    Had a MOW R tonight...
  • Options
    Gurkha Empire Series V
  • Options
    My RP Edge was going good until it unraveled lol...used a punch on it, not sure what happened...
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Sandman1am:
    stephen_hannibal:

Yeah it wasn't the best.

The stick or the coffee? LOL
    The stick... Today was the best Perdomo Habano Connie I have ever had.

• Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Last Night I finished the Gurkha Empire series 4-6. I really liked 4 thought it was great, 5 was good but a bit one dimensional, I really liked the 6th thought it was great.
    I think the only 2 in the whole series that are worth smoking again IMHO are 4 & 6.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    Nick2021:
    Decided to light another stogie up...Illusione CG4...not a bad cigar, gave me a slight "buzz" towards the end. Enjoyed it :)
    the newer CG4s and illusiones in general have been much better than the early release ones. i found those to be very inconsistent. i need to pick one up again. its been too long since ive visited that old friend.
    I tried a CG4 about a year ago at the Ohio Herf on the recommendation of Kuzi and Matt. I wasn't a big fan and Matt told me it was probably just a bad stick. Matt went into the humidor dug deep to the bottom of the box and gave me another stick to try again. That stick has been resting for almost a year. I hope that like what Kuzi posted here that it was just inconsistent and the one I have is much better. If I do not like this one maybe I will give a newer one another shot.
    I'd give it another try, the one I had wasn't bad...price was a bit steep, but not bad!