Home General Discussion

THANK YOU Lakota72 and CCOM BOTL'S

RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
A Custom Cabinet, Really Guys!!!!! Well, I found out who the Silent Ninja is and what he's capable of doing. First, I want to tell everyone here, thank you. Thank you for your time, conversations, lessons learned and knowledge gained from all of you. I didn't expect anything in return from the bombs I sent out, gifts or the ocassional extra cigars from a trade. I've told many individuals this on many ocassions. I enjoy this hobby a lot and I don't plan to give it up anytime soon. I like the fact that there is so many different cigars out and we all have a chance to try them through trades, bombs and gifts. I didn't know alot about cigars in the beginning and I'm still learning. But this place has enlighten me along with with a fellow co-worker DustoffDan....

All I tried to do is share my experiences and excitment with Lakota72 (LT). I didn't know the impression I had made other than a new smoking partner that wanted to find a good smoke and learn just as much as I did. We've had a lot of good experiences smoking some very good cigars and some bad ones. No matter what the camaraderie that was made is impeccable. He is my friend and I'm very apprecitive of what he has done and shared with you guys in here. Including getting my wife involved to keep a secret this long for a very nice gift, priceless.

I think it's right to acknowledge those that do good and not have it overshadowed by a gift. It's what led up to a custom cabinet being built as a friendly gesture from all of these individuals that participated in this. I don't know all the details other than you guys put this together and I have names. All of you have out done yourself in my book. I don't know how to take this, Lakota72 can tell you last night when he and members of my unit presented this to me, I got choked up a little. Yes, I guess with getting older your emotions can show alittle, lol. So on that note in no particular order THANK YOU VERY MUCH: ENFIDL, 415, AJGARLETT, Alienmisprint, Amz1301, DSWARMACK, FireTruckGuy, HEAVY, Laker1963, Jsnake, Lakota72, lcpleel, Lilwing88, MTuccelli, PsychoSJG, PuroFreak, The Sniper, Wwhang, DustoffDan and the guys from my Unit. And this BOTL, the man with the skills to make it happen, CabinetMaker.

Guys, you are all awesome and just another side note. Thanks for making a great impression on my wife with your emails. All of you have just made the transition a whole lot smoother for me and her. It's one less thing I have to convince to her that I'm sticking with :)..........

Comments

• zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Awesome and a very thoughtful gift fellas to a great BOTL!!!! Well done guys and enjoy your new custom cabinet Rick!!!
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    You deserve it brother.....thanks for being a friend :o)
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    You're very welcome sir. While I have not had the pleasure of meeting or dealing with you, you have become a fixture of the forums and have obviously spread a lot of love around here since you came onboard so you deserve it. Enjoy!
    I would also like to thank Greg (Cabi) for building this piece and a BIG THANK YOU to Lakota for arranging this whole thing. You are a very lucky man RCY CIGARS, your friends think very highly of you, which must also reflect on the kind of friend you are.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Thank you Rick for being such a great guy that so many people wanna do something like this for you! A HUGE thanks to Lakota for setting this up and for all the brothers who kicked in on this! The borks around these here parts can't be beat!!!
  • AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    Rick, thanks for being a great BOTL and defending our freedoms . It was an honor to be a part of this and I really hope you enjoy the final product! Props to Lakota for putting all this together too! - AJ
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    You're welcome man. It's always a good thing when you can make someones day. Enjoy the cabinet !!! - Andy
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    You're welcome brother, enjoy it! The thanks really should go to Lakota and Cabi though, they did all the work. Can't wait to see pics of it once its done!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Wow guys! I feel all warm and tingly... Nice gesture to a great BOTL!
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Rick,

You've been a great BOTL and are very deserving of this. Hopefully, this is something that will be a nice addition to your new home and you will be able to use and enjoy it for many years to come.

As many of you know this all started with an idea and it pretty much blew up and got bigger than anything I could have imagined. I was not expecting the vast amount of participation. I am still new to the cigar forum and to cigars in general but after the Soldiers Bomb that came here to Germany and seeing Rick bomb the piss out of many of you in the forum, I figured it was time he got his.

I want to say thank you to all of those who participated in this and helping me not fall flat on my face with a dud idea but rather making this a great bomb for a fellow BOTL.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Well, cats outta the bag huh? Ok, I guess a sneak peek is in order then.

I'll see if I can get it completed this week. I was planning to take some time off after the wedding but have an opportunity to make a pile of $$ and will be taking off the 3rd and 4th of July instead. Since I'll be in the shop anyway I might as well get it done. It won't come empty, BTW... Just sayin...
    cabinetmaker:

I'll see if I can get it completed this week. I was planning to take some time off after the wedding but have an opportunity to make a pile of $$ and will be taking off the 3rd and 4th of July instead. Since I'll be in the shop anyway I might as well get it done. It won't come empty, BTW... Just sayin...
    Awww snap!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to all the guys who made this happen for a great BOTL and a true friend. I can't wait to see the finished product.
    Lakota72:
    cabinetmaker:

Awww snap!
    YEESSS!!!! Thanks for the pics Cabi, amazing work like always!
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to Lakota for putting this together and all the BOTLs for chipping in. You deserve it Rick! And that's lookin' sweet already Cabi!!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Heavy:
    Thanks to Lakota for putting this together and all the BOTLs for chipping in. You deserve it Rick! And that's lookin' sweet already Cabi!!
    HUGE +1 here! Its people and acts like this that make me proud and humbled to be part of this awesome community. Nicely done gentlemen, nicely done.

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    This is def. Awesome guys. Way to go. No way there is a better online community out there.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    He is a deserving brother that has made the experience here even better
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    You're welcome. There is nothing Id rather put my money toward than a good friend, and while we've met only once, I consider you a great one.
    Have a bit of time this morning, glued up some panels out of sp. Cedar to line the interior.

I'll get them sanded, sized and installed if I have time l8r today.

went ahead and got it lined and put the drawer in. Waiting on the hinges and lock and I'll make the door and trim it out then add the glass top.

I wasn't sure if I'd have the time today to get this far, glad I did!
    Great pics and beautiful work Greg!!!
  • It's amazing to see this sort of thing happen. I love it when good things happen to good people. Looks like that is going to be one sweet piece when it's done.
    Greg this thing looks great! I can't wait to see the final product!
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Yea, looks great Greg! Dont be surprised if you start seeing PMs asking about pricing....
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    zeebra:
    Yea, looks great Greg! Dont be surprised if you start seeing PMs asking about pricing....
    +1....there is something to say for "Made In America"
    MTuccelli:
    zeebra:
    +1....there is something to say for "Made In America"
    and..."Made within the Forum"
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Well deserved for RCY...a great BOTL and patriot. He is clearly a marked man for a long time to come.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NICE!!! Beautiful gift, I'm sincerely impressed, and can't think of anyone who'd deserve it more. Glad it happened for you. Are you stateside yet?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    This really is an awesome gift for a great BOTL. We'll done to all those who played a part in putitng it together, and Cabi, you do some good work brother . . . . I'm impressed.
    Made an adjustable shelf with two trays:

door and top are all that's left.