Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Options
    saltinsaltin Posts: 2
    The mornings are hands down the best time to enjoy a great cigar.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    A Gurkha Symphony with my cup of coffee
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    CAO Gold and coffee while designing the electricity schematic for my NEW WOODSHOP!!! The whole experience was excellent.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st up a ccom sungrown robusto
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    CAO Gold and coffee while designing the electricity schematic for my NEW WOODSHOP!!! The whole experience was excellent.

Sounds interesting, will there be pictures before and after? Haven't had a morning smoke in a while now. Down to my last three. Saving them for my night smoke with the rest of the guys. CAO Gold is always a good starter in the morning....

• Options
    Ironmick63Ironmick63 Posts: 100
    Have a BQ to go today with the wife and kid. Trying to get the kid ready so I can go out and sneak a smoke before the BQ. Maybe a Oliva V one of my favs love
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Padilla Single Batch and morning coffee (single batch courtesy of drpepperdude). Very nice smoke, enjoyed it a lot.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I dunno what I'm gonna smoke yet but after a long 7 days straight of nights to total 72 hours, I'm gonna smoke something awesome....lol Looking forward to getting off work, hitting the gym, having breakfast, grabbing my fishing pole, a beer and a smoke to go unwind and relax. I don't even think I'll bait my hook today...
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    Padilla Single Batch and morning coffee (single batch courtesy of drpepperdude). Very nice smoke, enjoyed it a lot.
    I've heard a lot of good things about the Single Batch...gonna have to give em a try

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    I had a CAO Gold Maduro this morning! Found a box last night in a container that I had packed up with a 65% Boveda pack and hid 6 months ago! It was like Christmas all over again!

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    bigharpoon:

Sounds interesting, will there be pictures before and after? Haven't had a morning smoke in a while now. Down to my last three. Saving them for my night smoke with the rest of the guys. CAO Gold is always a good starter in the morning....

I'm too far along for any before photos but I'll show an after photo when it's up and running as well as some of the things I'll be making.

This morning was a MOW Virtue mini salomon, such a fantastic smoke in one of my favorite vitolas.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    RCY Cigars:
    bigharpoon:

I'm too far along for any before photos but I'll show an after photo when it's up and running as well as some of the things I'll be making.

This morning was a MOW Virtue mini salomon, such a fantastic smoke in one of my favorite vitolas.

Sounds like a winner can't wait to see it.

Had a Brickhouse robusto this morning with my cup o joe. Been a while and it was good....

• Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    RP Sun Grown with my coffee while working on the front porch.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    ndhaon91:
    Helluva morning smoke there nd.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    5 Vegas Gold No. 1 with coffee
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    D.x.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    ndhaon91:

Honestly, I don't find it to be that strong of a cigar. It really comes across as medium-bodied to me. But man is it smooth...
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    ndhaon91:
    madurofan:
    ndhaon91:
    Honestly, I don't find it to be that strong of a cigar. It really comes across as medium-bodied to me. But man is it smooth...
    I haven't had one in a long time but that was the first cigar that ever made me quesy of not much by RP tastes like it used.
  • Options
    DPG Cuban Classic. As a DPG fan, I don't know how I've went so long without trying this wonderful cigar. It's been laying in the humi for about 8 months.

• Options
    klgoldmanklgoldman Posts: 176
    I picked up the Coffee Infused Sampler a while back out of curiosity. I've never had a coffee infused smoke.
    Lit up the first one this morning...the Tabak Especial Dulce. I have to admit that I'm pleasantly surprised!
    It's smooth, creamy and sweet but not sickeningly sweet. I honestly didn't think I'd enjoy any of these but now I'm looking forward to the others as a nice morning smoke!
  • Options
    MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    Man O' War Virtue...a first for me :)
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    this was more of a brunch smoke... around 10:30... my second Art Deco and man, I really like these guys... and the camera on my iPhone sucks!

Photobucket
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Had about 1 1/2 inch off a Cu-Avana Intenso before I had to go back inside and help more sick people.
    wish I had more time with it.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    5 Vegas Miami churhill.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A big ol' La Herencia Cubana. Gotta get my daily stick finished before the heat sets in. S'posed to got into the low 100 's here today.

Marty

• Options
    I'm attempting to smoke a CAO Brazillia but it's quite plugged...the last 3 have been so tightly bunched in the head that it's impossible to get a decent draw.

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    dbeckom:
    I'm attempting to smoke a CAO Brazillia but it's quite plugged...the last 3 have been so tightly bunched in the head that it's impossible to get a decent draw.
    What vitola? Can you snip a little more off it? I have a long piece of heavy gauge wire that I use to open them up when that happens. Nothing ruins a stick more then having to draw on it like it's a piece of wood.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    dbeckom:
    What vitola? Can you snip a little more off it? I have a long piece of heavy gauge wire that I use to open them up when that happens. Nothing ruins a stick more then having to draw on it like it's a piece of wood.
    It's the Gol. I've snipped 3 times already...it's to the edge of the shoulder now. These are so tightly packed that a draw poker doesn't help.

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    dbeckom:
    laker1963:
    dbeckom:
    It's the Gol. I've snipped 3 times already...it's to the edge of the shoulder now. These are so tightly packed that a draw poker doesn't help.
    MAN I HATE THAT !!! It is too bad because the GOL is the only vitola I like that stick in. What is the RH in your humi? Maybe if you try dry boxing one for a day or two, but these sound like they were rolled too tightly at the head, which is hard to fix without shoving something into it to open up an air hole. Too bad bro'.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    dbeckom:
    laker1963:
    dbeckom:
    MAN I HATE THAT !!! It is too bad because the GOL is the only vitola I like that stick in. What is the RH in your humi? Maybe if you try dry boxing one for a day or two, but these sound like they were rolled too tightly at the head, which is hard to fix without shoving something into it to open up an air hole. Too bad bro'.
    My Maduro drawer stays at a constant 68% & 70°. I agree...it's my favorite vitola as well. I've smoked nearly a box of em without an issue...guess I can't complain much.