Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    JudoChinX:
    Moved to a PDR Habano Sun Grown which came courtesy of BigT06. Thanks man. Ever since this showed up, I've been dying to try it!
    Hope you enjoyed it. I like those a lot. Not super strong or complex, but enough of everything to keep me interested the whole time.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Will be firing up a Fausto tonight. Super excited for this one
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    dbeckom:
    Having a Gurkha Blue Steel
    How's that one going?
    IMO, it's one of the best blends Gurkha offers! You've gotta fire up the one I gave you!

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    RBeckom:
    dbeckom:
    How's that one going?
    IMO, it's one of the best blends Gurkha offers! You've gotta fire up the one I gave you!
    Hmmm...

in that case, I guess I will have to try one.

I have often wondered about them, but they have never struck me as something that I "needed to try" for some reason, but if you say they are good, that's reason enough for me to give it a wirl. lol
  • Options
    BigT06:
    dbeckom:
    RBeckom:
    dbeckom:
    How's that one going?
    Hmmm...

in that case, I guess I will have to try one.

I have often wondered about them, but they have never struck me as something that I "needed to try" for some reason, but if you say they are good, that's reason enough for me to give it a wirl. lol
    I was really surprised at how flavorful the Blue Steel was. And the "if you've tasted one Gurkha, you've tasted em all" does not apply here...the flavors I got stood out from all the rest of the Gurkha lines. I'll post my review tomorrow.

• Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    BigT06:
    JudoChinX:
    Moved to a PDR Habano Sun Grown which came courtesy of BigT06. Thanks man. Ever since this showed up, I've been dying to try it!
    Hope you enjoyed it. I like those a lot. Not super strong or complex, but enough of everything to keep me interested the whole time.
    I absolutely did. It was very tasty, plus, who can resist the allure of the pigtail cap?
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    Had a San Lotano Habano for the first time - Awesome cigar!

Then followed it up with a Nestor Miranda Special Selec Lancero - Good but the San Lotano just blew it away.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    shamrocked:

Then followed it up with a Nestor Miranda Special Selec Lancero - Good but the San Lotano just blew it away.
    its quite a spicy stick. when im in the mood for some spice action that is a go to cigar for me.

right now i am smoking El Titan de Bronze Redemption Maduro sent to me by RCY.

thank you brother for giving me the opportunity to smoke something i have never had before.

19 posts left.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    j0z3r:
    Gray4lines:
    Don Pepin Garcia. This was one of the first cigars I had almost 2 years ago and haven't had one of em since! I am really enjoying this one!
    DPG really does make some awesome cigars. The Blue Label with over a year is quite nice, the My Father with 18 months+ is fantastic. Definitely a favorite blender of mine.
    +1 to the DPG love being thrown around here. The Blue is my #1 go to, and I just feel like it was blended for me. Never had any of the My father lines, so I can't comment on those, but the Tabacos Baez Original line, which is now cancelled, the La Aroma De Cuba Edicion Especial and the DPG Cuban Classic are all fantastic. The CC is solid ROTT but it is just amazing with a year + on it. So rich and full, yet not heavy, and once the spice dies down a bit from the age it has this musty, roundness to it, thats amazing and complments the natural nuttness of it. The Blue and the Black are my favorites from him the the TB and LADC lines are all well done as well and round out my favorites from him that I've tried so far.

So far of all the cigars of his I've tried I can think of only one "miss" and thats it. I mean not everything else has been a home run either, there are some bunt singles in there too that are just ok, but overall I'm just so impressed with his blending style and construction.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Zino Platinum Sceptre grand master. I love these things.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    shamrocked:

its quite a spicy stick. when im in the mood for some spice action that is a go to cigar for me.

thank you brother for giving me the opportunity to smoke something i have never had before.

19 posts left.
    I had an El Titan de Bronze Maduro this weekend! I picked it up at the B&M where we met for the SE Herf. It was a good solid smoke with a ton of spice. I'm thinking a lil time would do wonders for them.

What was your opinion Kuzi?

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st up was a ccom sungrown robusto , next up a don diego fuerte beli.
  • Options
    RP Edge.

Never had a bad one
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Perdomo Factory Smoke Corojo. Not A bad stick.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    shamrocked:

19 posts left.

Your more than welcome Kuzi. The San Lotano Habano is a wonderful cigar. Love it after a nice meaty meal. Kuzi, I see you got around to smoking that El Titan. What did you think of it. It is by far, one of my favorite cigars. Yes Sir, I know everyone's palate is different. But, it would be kind of cool to know if you think it's goat's a s s, lol....

• Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Halftime, enough time for an Est. 1844 No. 50.
  • Options
    MOW Belicoso that came in the packs with my double banded Ruinations. I'd say these are just as old as the original Ruinations...this is the smoothest MOW I've ever had!

• Options
    RCY Cigars:
    kuzi16:
    shamrocked:

19 posts left.

Your more than welcome Kuzi. The San Lotano Habano is a wonderful cigar. Love it after a nice meaty meal. Kuzi, I see you got around to smoking that El Titan. What did you think of it. It is by far, one of my favorite cigars. Yes Sir, I know everyone's palate is different. But, it would be kind of cool to know if you think it's goat's a s s, lol....

Rick, while we were at the B&M this weekend, BigT pointed out the El Titan Maduros and told me about how you liked them, so I grabbed one. It was a really good stick that I'm certain would've been even better with some rest in my humi. I had never heard of them before Saturday. I'll be grabbing some more of them to rest for a little while.

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    been a slow day only a Davidoff 5000 so far
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    RCY Cigars:
    kuzi16:
    shamrocked:

19 posts left.

Rick, while we were at the B&M this weekend, BigT pointed out the El Titan Maduros and told me about how you liked them, so I grabbed one. It was a really good stick that I'm certain would've been even better with some rest in my humi. I had never heard of them before Saturday. I'll be grabbing some more of them to rest for a little while.

Glad you like it. I can smoke those ROTT, but most of mines have had a few months in my humoidor. What vitalo is it and do they have more? I'm looking for some Robusto's.

• Options
    Had a Davidoff No.4 tonight.
  • Options
    It was the Robusto, and yes they had more.

• Options
    RCY Cigars:
    dbeckom:
    RCY Cigars:
    kuzi16:
    shamrocked:

19 posts left.

Glad you like it. I can smoke those ROTT, but most of mines have had a few months in my humoidor. What vitalo is it and do they have more? I'm looking for some Robusto's.

Patience, my friend. You have some robustos on the way.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    RCY Cigars:
    dbeckom:
    RCY Cigars:
    kuzi16:
    shamrocked:

19 posts left.

Patience, my friend. You have some robustos on the way.
    the first half had a bit of a bite to it. i think this is because i was smoking it while driving home frome cleveland on the highway. a bit of wind was keeping it hot. once i got home and was able to sit and relax with it i was happy with it.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Just had a Tat Black Torpedo. It was ok, but I think I like the lancero more.
  • Options
    La traviata maduro with a rye pale ale from Asheville, very nice pairing
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    I'm feeling A Beauty or Titan tonight.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    AB Tempus after a 5 mile run feeling pretty decent right about now.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st up outside was a j. fuego original origen, next up a macanudo vintage 97 maduro