Home Non Cigar Related

Support Your Team!

Comments

• skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    So amz & RCY, since you fellas are so confident in your beloved Ravens, would either of you fancy a gentleman's wager over the outcome of Steelers v. Ravens week 1??
    Hey I'm down. What are we talkin, like a 5 stick wager ?
    Sounds good to me. Strait up or play the spread?
    Straight up sounds good.

You're on!
  • e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Da Bears!!!!
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    So amz & RCY, since you fellas are so confident in your beloved Ravens, would either of you fancy a gentleman's wager over the outcome of Steelers v. Ravens week 1??
    Straight up sounds good.

You're on!

Easy victory for AMZ....

RCY Cigars:
    skweekz:
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    Straight up sounds good.

You're on!

Easy victory for AMZ....

Oh I offered the wager to you as well. But if you're scared.....
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Still don't see anybody in the AFC South strong enough this year to dis-lodge the Colts from 1st place !
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    gmill880:
    Still don't see anybody in the AFC South strong enough this year to dis-lodge the Colts from 1st place !
    With all the injuries and shaky secondary I think that they'll finish second in the division to the Texans. I think it's their year for a run.
    CJ signed a fat contract extension. We now have him for the next 6 years! He signed a 4 yr extension worth $53.5M with $30M guaranteed! Sooooo excited to have him before the season starts!
    skweekz:
    RCY Cigars:
    skweekz:
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    Straight up sounds good.

You're on!

Easy victory for AMZ....

You know what, I'm not like AMZ. I don't take easy victories.

But, when AMZ wins. I'M GOING TO BLOW YOUR MAILBOX AWAY. IF THE IMPOSSIBLE SOME HOW HAPPENS. I'M going to do the same regardless, lol.....

RCY Cigars:
    skweekz:
    RCY Cigars:
    skweekz:
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    Straight up sounds good.

You're on!

Easy victory for AMZ....

But, when AMZ wins. I'M GOING TO BLOW YOUR MAILBOX AWAY. IF THE IMPOSSIBLE SOME HOW HAPPENS. I'M going to do the same regardless, lol.....

In the spirit of true Black & Gold, I'm not scared. In fact, maybe I'll just have to get a little gift headed your direction so you have something to enjoy that Sunday. I'd hate for you to not at least have a good smoke since your Ravens won't be providing you much entertainment.
    skweekz:
    RCY Cigars:
    skweekz:
    RCY Cigars:
    skweekz:
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    Straight up sounds good.

You're on!

Easy victory for AMZ....

In the spirit of true Black & Gold, I'm not scared. In fact, maybe I'll just have to get a little gift headed your direction so you have something to enjoy that Sunday. I'd hate for you to not at least have a good smoke since your Ravens won't be providing you much entertainment.

I owe you any way. We will see who needs a good stogie.

• MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    RCY Cigars:
    skweekz:
    RCY Cigars:
    skweekz:
    RCY Cigars:
    skweekz:
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    Straight up sounds good.

You're on!

Easy victory for AMZ....

If it is ok with RCY I will join his side and take the Steelers. 2v2 that way.
    RCY Cigars:
    skweekz:
    RCY Cigars:
    skweekz:
    RCY Cigars:
    skweekz:
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    Straight up sounds good.

You're on!

Easy victory for AMZ....

What do you owe me for?? I don't recall doing any business with you, Sir.
    skweekz:
    RCY Cigars:
    skweekz:
    RCY Cigars:
    skweekz:
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    amz1301:
    skweekz:
    Straight up sounds good.

You're on!

Easy victory for AMZ....

You will fine out, no matter what the outcome is.

That's right I'll come in the non cigar related thread and get you, lol..................
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:
    With all the injuries and shaky secondary I think that they'll finish second in the division to the Texans. I think it's their year for a run.

The Texans may knock them off week one in a upset - but by week 3 or 4 it will be business as usual for the Colts - dont see them finishing any worse than 11-5 and maybe as good as 12-4 ! Texans always find a way to implode - dont think they will make a serious run at the South title .
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Hey buddy, just wondering how worried you are about your Colts this year. I was reading that there are reports out saying Manning may have another "procedure" which could put him out for the season. Actually not talking trash over this one. I would hate to see Manning out for the season. We need the best of the best on the field to make it a true NFL season, and I'll admit any day that it doesn't get any better than Manning in the QB slot! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you bro!

Also... Go Cowboys! That is all.
    PuroFreak:
    Hey buddy, just wondering how worried you are about your Colts this year. I was reading that there are reports out saying Manning may have another "procedure" which could put him out for the season. Actually not talking trash over this one. I would hate to see Manning out for the season. We need the best of the best on the field to make it a true NFL season, and I'll admit any day that it doesn't get any better than Manning in the QB slot! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you bro!

If he's out for the season it's gonna be a mad house in the AFC South. The Titans and Texans will be battling for the division, that easily 2 more wins for each of those teams. It would suck to see him out for a season. I'm a die hard Titans fan but love watching the top guys apply their craft regardless of their team. Guys on the Manning and Brady level don't come around often so I just try to enjoy how well they do what they do.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    The first game of the season (NO v GB) will be to decide who gets home field in the NFC Championship game.
    PuroFreak:

Well , we now unfornuatly get to see first hand how the Colts do without Peyton. I don't know if he will return this year or not . Looks like this type of surgery for a football player requires about 2 to 3 months recovery time . You can bet Peyton will be wide open in re-hab mode but I also think he's smart enough to not try to come back too early also . I think if we see him this year in will be around game 10-12 thats just my opinion . Da_mn I hate this injury crap .

But at least we have a proven vet in Kerry Collins to try to get up to speed which will take a couple of weeks . By the grace of god we don't have to rely on Curtis Painter as our back-up . Now if Collins goes down we are def prob done for this year and with a nice high draft pick next year maybe we go out and get Peytons eventual replacement who can set and study for 3-4 years ala Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay !!!

I hate to see this but at the very least , Kerry Collins ( while being no Peyton Manning ) does still have a rifle for a arm and never panics . He has a good history with Jim Caldwell from his college days to Bill Polian drafting him at Carolina originally. So he will have all the support in the world to make him feel comfortable . I think the Colts players take him right in and help with his development and get him up to speed very quickly with the offense . What he is really learning/concentrating on getting down pat now is more or less just terminology and how to call protections . Jeff Saturday will be instrumental in making sure this goes smoothly and nobody better to do so .

I have no idea what to expect this year but it will shake out and me and the rest of the NFL fan base will have a good idea after the half-way point of the season .

Good luck with the re-hab Peyton . I still dont think the Colts are to be over-looked or taken lightly or some teams are gonna leave the stadium with a big fat loss if they do .

Thanks for the shout out Puro ... Good luck to your 'Boys as long as their not playing the Horse Shoes !!!
    Skweekz, I hope the cigars I sent you are better then the way your team is playing, lol............
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    The Terrible Towel. OOOOOHHHHWEEEEEE thats what I call an @SS WHIPPIN. Come on squealers fans lets here about all your past championships now.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    The Terrible Towel. OOOOOHHHHWEEEEEE thats what I call an @SS WHIPPIN. Come on squealers fans lets here about all your past championships now.
    loved it
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Well I better get it in while I can....Go Niners!!!!
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    hey purofreak what happen to ur cowboys? lol......taxans put an a$$whooping on them colts
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Same thing that has happened the last few years. An idiot as a qb and an even bigger idiot calling the plays. People seem to forget that he was calling these same **** plays last year when Phillips got fired. Garret was the worst choice as head coach. I will say the defense was impressive! I'm excited to see what Rob Ryan does with those guys.
    Sooooo Nooooow . Since it looks like the Colts are a lock to be in the top 3 or 4 draft choices next April who would you pick as Peytons successor and why . Serious question , I dont see us going better than 2-14 maybe 4-12 if real lucky , I think Peyton's done for the year . Who would you draft knowing how the Colts operate their offense and why do you think they would be a good choice .
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The Colts and Titans suck so us lowly Jaguar fans will not have to suffer the indignity of being the worst team of the worst division in the AFC this year(maybe). On the bright side the defense will be better this year, hard to be worse than last years group.
    fla-gypsy:
    The Colts and Titans suck so us lowly Jaguar fans will not have to suffer the indignity of being the worst team of the worst division in the AFC this year(maybe). On the bright side the defense will be better this year, hard to be worse than last years group.

What was the the beef with Garrard (sp) being let go , I always thought he was decent at QB . The Jags give up on him ? The AFC South , honestly , I could see a 9-7 team win that division this year .
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present....

YOUR 1-0, UNDEFEATED, NFC NORTH LEADING CHICAGO BEARS!!! :-)

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    fla-gypsy:

What was the the beef with Garrard (sp) being let go , I always thought he was decent at QB . The Jags give up on him ? The AFC South , honestly , I could see a 9-7 team win that division this year .
    He got his big contract last year and was just worthless for effort in pre season. They decided to save the 9 mil knowing before the year is over that the rookie Blaine Gabbert will be the starter. I could see an 8-8 team winning that division
    fla-gypsy:
    gmill880:
    fla-gypsy:

He got his big contract last year and was just worthless for effort in pre season. They decided to save the 9 mil knowing before the year is over that the rookie Blaine Gabbert will be the starter. I could see an 8-8 team winning that division

Ahhh ...gotcha . Yeah I could see 8-8 or 9-7 being a division winner .