Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    frogjunk:
    Hello everyone. I'm new to this board, as well. Been smoking cigars for about 16 years now. Looking forward to getting acquainted. Oh . . and "Here we go Steelers, here we go!"
    Hey frog. Welcome to the group. So what are some of your favorites ? You should have a few by now.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Welcome, frog.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome froggy
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Here we go Steelers indeed. Going to their 7th Super Bowl! Welcome, Mr. Junk.

Carl, do you like french-fried potatoes with mustard? Alright then...
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    frogjunk:
    Hello everyone. I'm new to this board, as well. Been smoking cigars for about 16 years now. Looking forward to getting acquainted. Oh . . and "Here we go Steelers, here we go!"
    Hey frog. Welcome to the group. So what are some of your favorites ? You should have a few by now.

Actually, my favorite smokes aren't being made anymore. I loved the old Bahia blends . . back when they were true Costa Rican puros. Anybody know where I can find some? They're few and far between.
  • Options
    AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    Hello all! My name is Jason and I have been smoking cigars for about a year now. Right now I am exploring as many different kinds as I can to see what I like. Lucky for me there isn't much else to do where I live. Life in the woods is so rough.....lol.
  • Options
    Hi, Jason, and welcome. I think you'll find this a useful forum as you explore what's out there.
  • Options
    Welcome Jason
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Welcome aboard Jason, hope to see you around and posting. You've definitely landed at the right place to find what you like, this forum has a uniquely low bullshit to useful information ratio.
  • Options
    Hey Jason, Welcome to the group.
  • Options
    hey how's everyone doing. names' kevin live in florida, orlando area, been smoking for about 4 months. really like la glorias tried a few others but she really gets me. good to know i can come here ask questions and not be ignored. thanks everyone for all your help in advanced.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome Jason and Kevin. Pull up a chair and get comfortable.
  • Options
    kevster77:
    hey how's everyone doing. names' kevin live in florida, orlando area, been smoking for about 4 months. really like la glorias tried a few others but she really gets me. good to know i can come here ask questions and not be ignored. thanks everyone for all your help in advanced.
    Hey Kevin, welcome to the group. If someone knows the answer they surely will let you know. And what we don't know, we make up and pass it off as the truth.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

kaspera79:
    kevster77:
    Hey Kevin, welcome to the group. If someone knows the answer they surely will let you know. And what we don't know, we make up and pass it off as the truth.

LMAO, welcome to the board.

• Options
    NEKTONNEKTON Posts: 2
    Hi, San Diego native, Law school student and Sportfisherman. Pass the time Lobster trappin at night with a good smoke on the water, city lights reflecting off the bay. Hard to beat! Todd Mora
  • Options
    Sounds hard to beat. Welcome aboard, everybody.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Another new guy... I live in the SF Bay Area, work in College Athletics with 5 Pac-10 Schools, 3 Mountain West Schools and 1 Big XII school... new to cigars so I will take all your input and try not to ask too many dumb questions.... I am getting married in 2010 so I am searching for a signature smoke for the wedding...I love baseball (go GIANTS!), whiskey, my dog (boxer) and enjoying a smoke out on the SF bay fishing for Halibut...Thanks for making me feel welcome
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    What's up with all these Californians??? Let's just hope you guys aren't weird, like Jozer, Jet and Andy. Those are some Strange Rangers. Welcome, noobs.
  • Options
    NEKTON:
    Hi, San Diego native, Law school student and Sportfisherman. Pass the time Lobster trappin at night with a good smoke on the water, city lights reflecting off the bay. Hard to beat! Todd Mora
    Hey NEKTON .... I hate you. But welcome anyway. Oh yeah, 5 below zero this morning, snow expected tonight if it can warm up to about zero.
  • Options
    robbyras:
    Another new guy... I live in the SF Bay Area, work in College Athletics with 5 Pac-10 Schools, 3 Mountain West Schools and 1 Big XII school... new to cigars so I will take all your input and try not to ask too many dumb questions.... I am getting married in 2010 so I am searching for a signature smoke for the wedding...I love baseball (go GIANTS!), whiskey, my dog (boxer) and enjoying a smoke out on the SF bay fishing for Halibut...Thanks for making me feel welcome
    What the hell is going on with all these California folks all of a sudden.. Welcome to you too robbyyas.. just don't mention the great weather until June, when it gets nice here in Chicago
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    just don't mention the great weather until June, when it gets nice here in Chicago
    Oh, you mean right around the time we are wandering around, drenched in sweat saying "when is this damn summer gonna end?"
  • Options
    Welcome Kalifornians
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Welcome Kalifornians

Well yeah... Welcome aboard. But I have a question.

Are you guys actually allowed to light up a cigar in the State of California? I thought the anti smoking laws there were TOUGH !

Up here we don't need anti smoking laws. Take today for instance... we are "enjoying" some more snow. Woo hoo :(
    Sure glad I smoke in the garage.
  • Options
    Well there is no one in my backyard or at my 49er tailgates to stop me, so I'm doing OK. The future wife is the one who bought the Humidor and encouraged it, so she has no room to complain either... my dog likes to bark at the lit cigar in my hand, but that has been the only protest. What's "snow"?
  • Options
    robbyras:
    Well there is no one in my backyard or at my 49er tailgates to stop me, so I'm doing OK. The future wife is the one who bought the Humidor and encouraged it, so she has no room to complain either... my dog likes to bark at the lit cigar in my hand, but that has been the only protest. What's "snow"?

What's snow? What's snow?? That is just not nice.
    Funny guy... just wait until we do our first trade or you are my recipient in a PIF. You will find your sticks packed in snow just to keep 'em fresh !!
    Living in California is bad enough, but making fun of the poor only Canadian guy on these forums is just not right !!
    A big slushy snowball to you sir. LMAAO PM me your address and I will send you some. :)
  • Options
    the new guy always has to try to be funny... that's a rule... I am very familiar with snow... It snowed in Berkeley a few years ago for about 6 minutes... they bring a snow machine to AT&T park for the X-Games... but that's all I've got... I will be sure not to mention that it's supposed to be 70 degrees here tomorrow... =^)
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Are you guys actually allowed to light up a cigar in the State of California?
    Fortunately most people in California who give a damn are also tremendously passive aggressive. You can smoke around them all day long and the most they'll do is give one of those lame "you're smoking around me and I don't like it" coughs, go make fun of you with their friends then go home and kick their dog or eat tofu...whatever those oddballs do in their free time.

But yeah, in some places you are not allowed by law (as if anyone follows that) to smoke in public. You can smoke in your car, but the windows have to be rolled up so you don't pollute people with your second and third hand smoke.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    laker1963:
    Fortunately most people in California who give a damn are also tremendously passive aggressive. You can smoke around them all day long and the most they'll do is give one of those lame "you're smoking around me and I don't like it" coughs, go make fun of you with their friends then go home and kick their dog or eat tofu...whatever those oddballs do in their free time.

But yeah, in some places you are not allowed by law (as if anyone follows that) to smoke in public. You can smoke in your car, but the windows have to be rolled up so you don't pollute people with your second and third hand smoke.

Hotboxing in a car with cigar smoke !!! That's worse then not being allowed to smoke in public.
    Can you imagine smoking an Oliva Series V Double Toro or something of similar size in a car with the windows up LMAO? I think you would be out or dead before you hit the sweet spot .
  • Options
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    laker1963:

Hotboxing in a car with cigar smoke !!! That's worse then not being allowed to smoke in public.
    Can you imagine smoking an Oliva Series V Double Toro or something of similar size in a car with the windows up LMAO? I think you would be out or dead before you hit the sweet spot .
    LOL

In other news, an epidemic of California cigar smokers suffocating while in their cars with the windows up has been noted recently. A great day indeed for non-smokers nationwide. Now here's Tom with the weather.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    just don't mention the great weather until June, when it gets nice here in Chicago
    Oh, you mean right around the time we are wandering around, drenched in sweat saying "when is this damn summer gonna end?"
    Those are words I will never, ever speak....