Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Mine did not hit my mailbox today but should be tomorrow then.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    in the past we've done this one person at a time.. so lcpleel is up and he is gonna send 3 mystery sticks to BigT06... when Todd is up he will send 3 mystery sticks to you and so on... make sense?
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    robbyras:
    looks like we have a line!! woooooooooooooord...

Here's the waiting list:
    lcpleel - is up, they should land today
    BigT06 - on deck
    Marker
    Robbyras - I brought it back cuz I wanna play... duh
    Mephisto

this is gonna be SUPER awesome.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    back in the office this morning and I have the package in hand. Thanks for starting the game up again Rob and thank you for the eXtras. Ill start tonighT and should have this done by this weekend.
  • Options
    NICE... glad they got there in one piece... and you're welcome for the extras... I just can't send 3 sticks... it's some sort of chemical imbalance... BigT06 is on deck so you guys can figure that part out... I know Marker is getting my mystery sticks out to me along with a trade we're working out so hopefully we can keep this game going and not let it fall to page 25 again!

side note, I'd eat a little something before Sticks A and C... just sayin
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    O K Folks I Finished A and B half way on C. Ill put up the notes I took onto the computer as soon as im finished.
  • Options
    nice... I'll keep an eye out
  • Options
    STICK A:
    appearance: Dark Maduro 5X56?
    construction: Great looking stick with a nice clean Torp. No crazy veins with a nice spongy feel.
    draw: Bit on the tighter side in the beginning but slowly started to open up once past the 1st 3rd.
    burn: the Burn was a nice clean and even burn from start to finish with a white ash.
    taste. great smoke. Slight pepper with a nice cocoa sweetness. I think I know this one.
    Answer: La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte, Belicoso??

STICK B:
    appearance: Light golden brown 6X52?
    construction: Nice looking stick with a clean roll. almost invisible seems.
    Draw: Very nice clean easy draw.
    burn: The burnon this thing was a little crazy. touched it up maybe 4-6 times. ash held about an inch at a time.
    taste: Clean earth with hints of nuts, I even got some toast.
    Answer: I want to say it reminded me of a Rocly Patel Connecticut??

STICK C:
    appearance: Nice Chocolate brown I say 5X54?
    appearance: Solid stick with no play at all. feels like its dried out but not really. Oily wrapper.
    construction: feels like it was wrapped too tight but the looks are great.
    draw: Its tight...
    burn: from what I can puff this thing burns super super clean and razor sharp
    taste: from what I can get it has a strong leather, cedar, and some black pepper.
    Answer: Ill go with Diesel??
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I was just going to look for this game and you guys just brought it back from the dead. Way to go, I'll jump on when the list dies down a bit.
  • Options
    real quick, cuz i have no time... I will say you got one DEAD ON RIGHT!
  • Options
    This is gonna be fun!!

I'm on deck. Hell yeah.
  • Options
    STICK A:
    construction: Great looking stick with a nice clean Torp. No crazy veins with a nice spongy feel.
    draw: Bit on the tighter side in the beginning but slowly started to open up once past the 1st 3rd.
    burn: the Burn was a nice clean and even burn from start to finish with a white ash.
    taste. great smoke. Slight pepper with a nice cocoa sweetness. I think I know this one.
    YOU ARE CORRECT! well done!

STICK B:
    burn: The burn on this thing was a little crazy. touched it up maybe 4-6 times. ash held about an inch at a time.
    It was an E.P Carrillo New Wave.. Not sure if the blends are similar, but those 2 sticks were similar to me as well...

STICK C:
    appearance: Solid stick with no play at all. feels like its dried out but not really. Oily wrapper.
    taste: from what I can get it has a strong leather, cedar, and some black pepper.
    EW! Sorry about the issues on that one. It was actually an Oliva V. It's unfortunate that you couldn't enjoy it!
  • Options
    robbyras:
    STICK A:
    YOU ARE CORRECT! well done!

STICK B:
    burn: The burn on this thing was a little crazy. touched it up maybe 4-6 times. ash held about an inch at a time.
    It was an E.P Carrillo New Wave.. Not sure if the blends are similar, but those 2 sticks were similar to me as well...

STICK C:
    EW! Sorry about the issues on that one. It was actually an Oliva V. It's unfortunate that you couldn't enjoy it!

Stick: A - I would of guessed that was the only stick I knew. One of my Favs.
    Stick: B - Not a bad stick, I think Ill revisit.
    Stick: C - WTF! LOL

Todd your sticks will be leaving my house tonight.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    BUMP
  • Options
    I got my 3 sticks from Isaac over the holiday. Too busy to start it yet, but I will be starting in the morning.

I will be finishing and posting my guesses no later than Wed.

I will be shipping to Marker on Monday, so he should have his package shortly after my guesses are posted.
  • Options
    Just a tip here... you don't have to post them all at once... I know that's what Isaac did and thats cool if you can do it... some times folks can't smoke all three that quickly, so they post their guesses as they get through each stick... it's totally up to you...
  • Options
    OK, first up: Stick A

I have a bit of a cold, but for the sake of not holding up the game, I am going to smoke this morning anyways... as if I'd get them all right if I didn't have a cold. LMAO

appearance: gorgeous reddish brown. I'd say a habano rosado or a colorado wrapper 5x50
    construction: very well made. firm but not hard. no major viens
    draw: very free. even with a small punch, it's a bit loose for me. not problematic at all, I just prefer a little resistance.
    burn: very good. lit easy with a soft flame. it was never razor sharp, but it never needed any attention of any kind.
    taste: the first inch was, well, boring... BUT when it kicked in around the second inch, it kicked in big time! a nice spice started coming through on the retrohale, the tobacco taste was on the sweet side, and the smoke had an overall oaky feel/taste to it... but not in a harsh way. had a bit of an earthy taste, in a grassy way. a bit of leather and a bit of nuts came and went, but neither became too prominent. good overall profile. would def smoke again!
    answer: well, more of a guess... everything about the cigar made me think Casa Magna Colorado; the quality, the appearance, the overall taste profile... BUT they don't make the CM in this size... I'm gonna go with one that I've never actually smoked before and guess it's a Nestor Miranda 1989 Rosado???
  • Options
    Now up: Stick B

I'm gonna say that just based on appearance that this is a Fuente Curly Head

here's why: loose foot with wrapper folded over the end, slightly pointed head, VERY spongy roll, ugly ass wrapper.

I tried to smoke it, I promise... but after about 20 mins I had had all I could take. Acidic and metallic were the dominant flavors. Odd thing is, every now and again it tastes brilliant... but those moments are few and far between.

Gotta be a curly head.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    Now up: Stick B

I'm gonna say that just based on appearance that this is a Fuente Curly Head

here's why: loose foot with wrapper folded over the end, slightly pointed head, VERY spongy roll, ugly ass wrapper.

I tried to smoke it, I promise... but after about 20 mins I had had all I could take. Acidic and metallic were the dominant flavors. Odd thing is, every now and again it tastes brilliant... but those moments are few and far between.

Gotta be a curly head.
    From your description I'm gonna say bingo on that one lol.... One time I had one that was great the whole way through, I think it was a miracle.
  • Options
    bumping to get Isaac's responce about my first 2 guesses...
  • Options
    Ok just got The message.
    stick A is very similar to the Casa Magna Colorado like you mentioned but you are right, the vitola is wrong. It is actually a GHV2002 going back to the basics.
  • Options
    Stick B you nailed it
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    Ok just got The message.
    stick A is very similar to the Casa Magna Colorado like you mentioned but you are right, the vitola is wrong. It is actually a GHV2002 going back to the basics.
    AHHH! I honestly thought about it and thought about it because it had that character that I love about the GHV2002, but I couldn't sell myself on it because it simply wasn't full enough in body...

has that particular stick been resting a while? I have a bunch of them put up, I will def be happy if they turn out like that one after some rest. Crazy that the body on that particular stick never got over medium for me...
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    Stick B you nailed it
    that was the squishiest cigar I've ever smoked in my life. It was like it was packed with feathers it was so soft. lol

but at least I got it right. LMAO!
  • Options
    BigT06:
    lcpleel:
    Ok just got The message.
    AHHH! I honestly thought about it and thought about it because it had that character that I love about the GHV2002, but I couldn't sell myself on it because it simply wasn't full enough in body...

has that particular stick been resting a while? I have a bunch of them put up, I will def be happy if they turn out like that one after some rest. Crazy that the body on that particular stick never got over medium for me...
    From 09?
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    BigT06:
    lcpleel:
    Ok just got The message.

From 09?
    That would explain it. lol
  • Options
    STICK C:

cold's kicking my ass worse than on Monday... but I wanna smoke! Here goes...

appearance: good looking stick. A few viens, but nothing to write home about. Milk chocolate brown in color with the texture of quality leather.
    construction: definitely a premium cigar, has a perfect feel to it. Cap is off-color, but perfectly applied. Looks like a 5x52
    draw: perfect
    burn: awesome. Close to perfect. Can't say enough about the draw and burn on this one.

taste: this is where it gets tricky...

the first inch had me convinced this was a DPG cigar. Tons of spice on the retrohale, solid earthy core with some subtle but delicious nuances. But towards the middle, here's where it threw me... that DPG sweetness that ALWAYS creeps into the back of the sinus when you retrohale his cigars didn't kick in... some sweetness did finally pick up, but it wasn't that DPG character.

so that's when I started to question myself... this cigar is familliar... but I can't put my finger on it. And then I start to think of how he threw me with the last one... AGE. Nothing about this cigar tastes "fresh or young", but it has enough body to make me think this is a full bodied cigar fresh, and its a solid med-full now. And who does full bodied cigars with these characteristics (and who I am familliar with)? DPG and/or AJ... but neither of them use this 5x52 vitola very often... so now I'm over thinking it, and this damn cold is becoming a real issue (blowing my nose every 2 to 3 mins)... at this point, I hate you Isaac. j/k lmao

I will say this about the taste: it's good. I am enjoying the heck out of it.

ANSWER: in all honesty, this is going to be a guess. I could prob narrow it down to 5 and then go from there with a couple hints, but with one shot at it... it's definitely a guess... and for the record, Isaac, you did a great job of bringing this close enough to home to make it confusing!

DPG Black ...I know I'm wrong here, because of the vitola, but I am going to stick with my palates instincts and say that's the closest fit I can think of.

Marker, yours fly today. Isaac, great job, and thanks for the awesome smokes.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    STICK C:

appearance: good looking stick. A few viens, but nothing to write home about. Milk chocolate brown in color with the texture of quality leather.
    construction: definitely a premium cigar, has a perfect feel to it. Cap is off-color, but perfectly applied. Looks like a 5x52
    burn: awesome. Close to perfect. Can't say enough about the draw and burn on this one.

the first inch had me convinced this was a DPG cigar. Tons of spice on the retrohale, solid earthy core with some subtle but delicious nuances. But towards the middle, here's where it threw me... that DPG sweetness that ALWAYS creeps into the back of the sinus when you retrohale his cigars didn't kick in... some sweetness did finally pick up, but it wasn't that DPG character.

so that's when I started to question myself... this cigar is familliar... but I can't put my finger on it. And then I start to think of how he threw me with the last one... AGE. Nothing about this cigar tastes "fresh or young", but it has enough body to make me think this is a full bodied cigar fresh, and its a solid med-full now. And who does full bodied cigars with these characteristics (and who I am familliar with)? DPG and/or AJ... but neither of them use this 5x52 vitola very often... so now I'm over thinking it, and this damn cold is becoming a real issue (blowing my nose every 2 to 3 mins)... at this point, I hate you Isaac. j/k lmao

ANSWER: in all honesty, this is going to be a guess. I could prob narrow it down to 5 and then go from there with a couple hints, but with one shot at it... it's definitely a guess... and for the record, Isaac, you did a great job of bringing this close enough to home to make it confusing!

DPG Black ...I know I'm wrong here, because of the vitola, but I am going to stick with my palates instincts and say that's the closest fit I can think of.

Todd honestly?? I dont even remember what a DPG Black taste like... lol but I really was thinking of changing this stick out because you talked about it for such a long time.
    Stick C is a Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles

hope you enjoyed atleast 2 of the sticks. lol Great Job on the review of the stick even when your sick.
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    BigT06:
    STICK C:

Todd honestly?? I dont even remember what a DPG Black taste like... lol but I really was thinking of changing this stick out because you talked about it for such a long time.
    Stick C is a Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles

hope you enjoyed atleast 2 of the sticks. lol Great Job on the review of the stick even when your sick.
    ha! I thought it was the wrong vitola to be a nobles... oh well. lol

funny, my eyes were the only part of me NOT struggling... and they were the part that failed. lmao

like I said, you brought it so close to home that I second guessed myself. Great job. I truly enjoyed A and C! B sucked balls though... LMAO