Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    IrishAJIrishAJ Posts: 135
    Having to work in one of the biggest retailers during the holiday season...when a game says only PC compatible that doesn't mean it'll work on your mac!And no I don't know much about computers or TV's that's why I'm the financial services expert! I do no intrest financing and credit cards get glasses if you can't read my name badge!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Similar to when people come into my dealership and the service dept is closed . Then when told service is CLOSED they go on to explain to me what their car is doing ... Ohh what part of service is closed did you not understand ??? ... I , as the sales manager would be glad to replace your broken car for one that runs great , is under warranty , and you won't have to wait on the service dept to open ! If your not interested in this solution , then your dumba_ss needs to wait until tommorow ... Thank you very much !!! Now move the he_ll along !!!

Damn that felt good !!!
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Hating this holiday so much
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    My GFs driving sweet god.

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    The godd@mn football pool-------but at least Teblow...blew.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Thats theres only 24 hours in a day ... who made this dumb rule up anyway ?
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    When we are the only medical clinic open in town today with all the rooms full, 8 people in the waiting room and only one provider, who has been talking to her college age daughter in the back about boy trouble for 45 min. Talk at home, see the friggin people.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    When we are the only medical clinic open in town today with all the rooms full, 8 people in the waiting room and only one provider, who has been talking to her college age daughter in the back about boy trouble for 45 min. Talk at home, see the friggin people.
    I hear ya! Spent 10+ years in ER, at least 7 of those I worked Christmas, you'd think people would have something to do!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    My sister-in-law...again. We found out that she's been stealing money and electronics from me, my wife, and mother-in-law. Not only that, she's been buying and smoking weed with the stolen money for 9 months and playing around with the electronics (and broke two).

Wife and I wanna move so badly. Mother-in-law's not even going to discipline her pothead daughter that's been stealing from everyone either.
  • Options
    Oprah.
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    My sister-in-law...again. We found out that she's been stealing money and electronics from me, my wife, and mother-in-law. Not only that, she's been buying and smoking weed with the stolen money for 9 months and playing around with the electronics (and broke two).

Wife and I wanna move so badly. Mother-in-law's not even going to discipline her pothead daughter that's been stealing from everyone either.
    time to kick her ass out.

• Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Having all these Christmas presents, toys, bags filled with wrapping paper, empty boxes laying all around the house everywhere. It's like a damn obstacle course around here.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not being able to smoke a cigar until August 2012...............................The thing is don't hate is that they are all aging nicely...........................
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    This dipshit returning champion on Jeopardy right now. He irritates me. I'd really like to reach through the TV slap him.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    bandyt09:
    Not being able to smoke a cigar until August 2012...............................The thing is don't hate is that they are all aging nicely...........................
    What's up with that!!!?
  • Options
    Trying to send a "trade" out to a brother and can't find a few cigars in my humi where I know I put them, and it is only a 20 count, DAMN!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    laker1963:
    bandyt09:
    What's up with that!!!?
    Had oral surgery on December 15th to start the process for an implant. They had to screw a bone into my upper jaw and it will take approximately 3 - 4 months to fuse. Then they will take out the screws and input a post which will take another 3 - 4 months to fuse. If all goes right, then the will put in the implant so until everything is healed no cigars.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    bandyt09:
    laker1963:
    bandyt09:
    What's up with that!!!?
    Had oral surgery on December 15th to start the process for an implant. They had to screw a bone into my upper jaw and it will take approximately 3 - 4 months to fuse. Then they will take out the screws and input a post which will take another 3 - 4 months to fuse. If all goes right, then the will put in the implant so until everything is healed no cigars.
    Wow, I feel for you man. Guess that takes off any pressure to get that trade done soon huh? LMAO

On a more serious note Todd, I think you are doing the right thing. Not smart to mess with your health. Like you said, at least your sticks will be 8 months older then they would have been when you get to them. That is a LONNNNNG time to wait for a stick. Do you have ANY idea of what may be your first stick, when the time comes? Hope everything works out for you sir.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    laker1963:
    bandyt09:
    What's up with that!!!?
    Holly crap! damn man, hope that goes well for you. as Doug said, your health is most important.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Trying to open up one of those darn 5 packs from Ccom. Damn near impossible.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    bandyt09:
    laker1963:
    bandyt09:
    What's up with that!!!?
    Wow, I feel for you man. Guess that takes off any pressure to get that trade done soon huh? LMAO

On a more serious note Todd, I think you are doing the right thing. Not smart to mess with your health. Like you said, at least your sticks will be 8 months older then they would have been when you get to them. That is a LONNNNNG time to wait for a stick. Do you have ANY idea of what may be your first stick, when the time comes? Hope everything works out for you sir.
    Thanks for the kind words Doug and Glen. I am still able to enjoy the hobby through all the BOTL's on here and the local boys at home. I am still keeping my lounge membership for those that are close to by to enjoy and I can "smoke" vicariously through them. The long term results outweigh the immediate needs so I am ok with not having a cigar for that time period.

As for your question Doug, haven't really though about it; however, I wouldn't be surprised to find a contest on here about it the closer I get to "The Big Day"............
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Let me know if you think this is a good idea. Since you are getting implants, tell the wife she can too. You know since women can do everything a man can. If a man can get implants, so can a woman.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when the band sticks to the wrapper!
  • Options
    That I didn't accomplish a single one of my short term goals for 2011.
    Only batting a %50 this year.

• Options
    Rhamlin:
    I hate when the band sticks to the wrapper!
    oh that is high on my list. even when you leave it on and the burn is super close. happened to an old opus I had. though I try to take them off before I smoke them. Damn thing pulled a nice chunk of wrapper with it. I screamed louder than darth vader!
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    When I see that Diamondog has posted in the "What did you get today?" thread, and then myself for looking at what he got.
  • Options
    That 2011 had very few good rock albums.

• Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    I abhor driving in the middle east. Imagine the worst Stateside traffic and add:
    1. No turn signals
    2. Turning left/making a u-turn from the right hand lane
    3. Police not enforcing anything...all they're there for is to write accident reports

4. Flashing their high beams at you so they can pass you...only to cut you off so they can get off at the next exit
    5. Not tying ANYTHING down
    6. No child seats...well the stores sell them, but no one uses them

• Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    That 2011 had very few good rock albums.

you mean you dont like wanna b punk emo bands? Thats all that is out here now
  • Options
    Steve2010:
    I abhor driving in the middle east. Imagine the worst Stateside traffic and add:
    1. No turn signals
    2. Turning left/making a u-turn from the right hand lane
    3. Police not enforcing anything...all they're there for is to write accident reports

4. Flashing their high beams at you so they can pass you...only to cut you off so they can get off at the next exit
    5. Not tying ANYTHING down
    6. No child seats...well the stores sell them, but no one uses them

Yup they sure do know how to drive over there. Try driving in Egypt!