Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    WELCOME to all the new BOTL's and especially the SOTL's. It's good to see a female perspective on this great hobby.

My wife doesn't smoke cigars, tho she doesn't have a problem with me smoking them. I asked her once if she'd want to try one and she gave me 'the look'. You guys know what that means....lol.

• Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Welcome to ALL new members and hope you stay here and get the buying-fever sickness! Buy a COOLER!!!

Leon, welcome from a fellow Colorado resident and hope that you can make it into the Front Range or I can get out to Palisade soon so tat we can share a stick! Best of luck and long ashes!
    Hello neighbor, well sort of. I am originally from the Denver area, and still make it over the mountains quite a bit. I noticed you're in Longmont, I am somewhat familiar with Longmont myself. I remember back in high school we would all go up there and cruise on the main drag. I remember eating at the Shakey's when it was still open. I used to go up there every February to the fairgrounds to see the motorcycle show too. I knee a guy that lived up there too, Robert Bubbins, he was a PGA golfer, and owned the Golf Headquarters in Lakewood. He closed his shop, and haven't seen him for a couple years. Anyways, yeah nice to meet you too. You head out this say, let me know. It would be nice to have a cigar with you. Merry Christmas ...
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    Hello everyone..My name is Mike and i'm 29 and just starting smoking cigars in the last several months. I am hooked lol.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Good to have you guys. Read up and join in. Use the search feature and ask what you need to.
  • Options
    Hello everyone
    New user here from Zurich Switzerland

We just moved here a few weeks ago from Germany. I have been getting back into the hobby this past year.
    My smoking has gone from from 1-2 sticks every two months to 2-3 sticks a week.
    I got a new humidor going and have been slowly building it up with good sticks.
    It is a 150 capacity box and I have almost 70 stored in it.
    I have another older 30 capacity box that is used for long term aging.

I have been looking for a good community to talk about the hobby and this seems like a good place to do just that.

Looking forward to some good discussion and knowledge sharing.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Welcome! Good to have our new members! Like Marker said, the search feature can answer nearly any question you have, but anything you can't find your answer to, feel free to ask and we will so our best to steer you right.

oh yeah... and do yourselves a favor. Buy a cooler.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Welcome gentlemen, I can't think of a better community to share this hobby with than right here.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Noob here... Ex addict/drinker... Now I enjoy sticks. Been at it for two years and cam across this site. Due to excellent service from a guy named tim, I am a lifer at ccom. Music is my game and passion in life, along with America and my tithe to the man upstairs. I like the premiums and am not to adventurous as I've spent plenty on sticks I put out. All time faves are Patel 90, decade, and anything pardon. Fuente's are in the humi and next in line. Anyone wanna talk geeeetars...that's my game P.S. I'm going to have to bomb someone too...I believe in karma
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Welcome dude..These are some good folks here
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome,and glad to have you here!
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, catfish, from one newb to another. I response to your question, I do in fact play a bit o' git-fiddle.
  • Options
    That's my main addiction...he who dies with the most guitars wins! Although my tube amp collection is starting to rival my axes
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and enjoy the forums.
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Welcome Catfish. Get ready for a learning experience.

Where you from, brother?
  • Options
    Looking forward to chopping it up with some nice folks. My local B&M is great in regard to pricing, selection, and sales...but the patrons make me want to punch the bastards. I come in dressed for work and I am one of them... When I am dressed normally...nothing. I honestly got into this to have something to do with my buddies who still drink and smoke like maniacs when I see them. I got transferred to a town where I knew no one, so cigars became a good 1-1 with the pup in the backyard and a cup of joe. I have a palate for food, but my palate for cigars is minimal at best as I have stuck to my fave's so I am always looking for suggestions. For the most part, I have my main stays and stick with buying them in samplers and good deals and scouring websites. Mr. Blythe took care of me well out of what needed to be done on a customer service issue so now I am loyal here.
  • Options
    Bakersfield, CA is my hometown. I represent Buck and Merle to the core brother.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    That's my main addiction...he who dies with the most guitars wins! Although my tube amp collection is starting to rival my axes
    I'm down to a Dean classical, a beat-up Washburn electric and an Epi 5-string T-bird bass. Traded the amp off to my Kawasaki...
  • Options
    Toombes:
    catfishbluezz:
    I'm down to a Dean classical, a beat-up Washburn electric and an Epi 5-string T-bird bass. Traded the amp off to my Kawasaki...
    It's what I do bro, I play all the time. I gigged for years, now I play in church 3 times a week, run a music store, and am working for a recording studio as a session player and mix engineer. My collection is insured for 30k, and I'm working on my carry permit now that I do studio work.
  • Options
    blindyblindy Posts: 23
    I'm a newb to the cigar.com community up here in Portland Oregon. Been into cigars for about five years and recently started to try and develope my palette. Ive been into Conneticut wrapped sticks since the beginning but have been venturing out in the the world of medium cigars lately. Having just had a daughter 7 weeks ago and a son 14mos before that kicking back and smoking a fine cigar is one of the few quiet reflective moments I get other than those moments I live in pure chaos with these kiddos! Cheers to all my BOTLs out there I'm loving this community so far! - big lindy
  • Options
    GoatmilkGoatmilk Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the site.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    catfishbluezz:
    glad to have both of you guys here. Also a musician and recording engineer so it's great to see some guitar lovers here! I'm a bassist mainly but also play guitar. Long list of axes by my prized possession is my 4003 Rickenbacker bass. Anyways, welcome both of you and hope to see more of you guys.
  • Options
    xIcedGuardianx:
    Toombes:
    catfishbluezz:
    glad to have both of you guys here. Also a musician and recording engineer so it's great to see some guitar lovers here! I'm a bassist mainly but also play guitar. Long list of axes by my prized possession is my 4003 Rickenbacker bass. Anyways, welcome both of you and hope to see more of you guys.
    Add an SVT and you got the tone man! Bass is my second love, I play a sterling through an old 15in tube combo
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Hey all!

I am a 23 year old whiskey enthusiast that has recently fallen in love with quality cigars. I just purchased my first humidor and batch of cigars from this site, and I plan on being a relatively active member of the community.

Since I don't know much about cigars, if you all help me out, then I'll share my knowledge of whiskey with you whenever you need help! Deal? Deal.

Favorite cigars so far:
    Padron 1926
    Arturo Fuente Hemmingway
    Opus X Lost City
    La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero
    (Also, one cigar my friend gave me - a pre-embargo cuban... I don't think I am versed enough to really appreciate all the complexities, but it was an incredibly interesting and enjoyable smoke)

Favorite Scotches:
    Lagavulin 16
    Bunnahabhain 12
    Arberlour A'Bunadh
    Highland Park 18

Favorite Bourbons:
    George T Stagg
    Eagle Rare 10
    Bookers
    Bakers

Other Favorite Spirits:
    Sazerac 6 (Rye)
    Suntory Hibiki 12 (Japanese Whisky)
    Citadelle Reserve (Incredibly rare gin)
    Ransom Old Tom Gin
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum man
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Welcome, oldsoul! Interested in hearing your input on the whiskey discussions!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey oldsoul, It looks like you go top shelf all the way. Nice to have you here.
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    I tend to go for top shelf, yes. My motto is, "Live smaller, but live better" - I don't drink or smoke nearly as much as many other people, but that means I can afford to drink and smoke the very best.

Glad to be a new member here, it seems like a great community.
  • Options
    Everybody needs a little soul. And a little revival too. I only need one whiskey, and he is a gentleman.
  • Options
    oldsoulrevival:
    I tend to go for top shelf, yes. My motto is, "Live smaller, but live better" - I don't drink or smoke nearly as much as many other people, but that means I can afford to drink and smoke the very best. Glad to be a new member here, it seems like a great community.
    hope you stick around. I'm hoping to get into scotch and bourbon to pair with my cigars.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome DEWD!