Home Non Cigar Related

MMA Junkies in here

Comments

• big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Hate to say it but both brothers do back up there talk and even if they lose they go down swinging. Has anybody heard that bj penn said about nick yesterday that Diaz fought him like he was scared, last I remember Nick beat him so senseless, he must have forgot the whole fight
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    big chunks:
    Hate to say it but both brothers do back up there talk and even if they lose they go down swinging. Has anybody heard that bj penn said about nick yesterday that Diaz fought him like he was scared, last I remember Nick beat him so senseless, he must have forgot the whole fight

B.J. must be getting bored sitting on the beach or her has too much time on his hands. I'm guessing he is just having fun. Or he will be saying "Someone hacked my twitter/facebook page".
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    Cyborg popped for roids.....shocking.....lol

I'm not shocked, just disappointed. How could you not now you would be tested. I always enjoyed her fights. It sounds like she will be stripped of the title. My guess is that Strikeforce dumps the 145 lb. division. There really wasn't anyone left for her to fight. Hopefully she gets her act together, looses some of that roid muscle and can make 135 lbs. next year. If Strikeforce won't have her back I can guess Bellator would put her in a tournament.

Rob
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I can't believe Rumble missed weight by 11 pounds, I figured he would have made 185 easily. That's disappointing, even if he beats Vitor the win will have a big asterisk next to it.
    So who do ya'll got for the card tomorrow. Here are my picks.

Aldo (would not be at all surprised if Mendes pulls it off though)
    Rumble
    Stout
    Etim
    Palhares
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Turned out to be a decent card, but didn't see the disqualification coming...loved the heel kick knock out by Barbosa....
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Wasn't able to get on and post my picks but I can't believe that Rumble came in that over the 185. I thought the jump to 185 was gonna transform him into a straight beast. I wonder where he's gonna go now that they have cut him. And honestly who's gonna be Aldo? Ridiculous
    As I understand the situation with Rumble, and I could be mistaken, he had made the cut but was suffering effects of dehydration and was ordered by a ufc doc to rehydrate. If that is correct, and he had made the cut successfully...I don't know, seems like either he shouldn't have been allowed to compete or they should give him a break. Ultimately he is responsible for his lack of proper cutting though, the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    Same here. He apparently had no feeling in his legs, etc. If this was the first time then I could see it not being a huge issue but 3rd time and in a co main that's really bad. Not Paul Daley sucker punch bad but bad enough
    I don't know how closely you guys follow the lead up interviews, but Chael Sonnen put forth some absolute gold, 24 karats. http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/25/2735179/ufc-on-fox-2-chael-sonnen-fake-belt-kenny-rice-ufc-video#storyjump

And how about some picks.

I've got Davis for the upset, I think he's going to be too strong for Rashad.
    Sonnen
    Maia
    Same here Davis upset I think ground and pound I mean if Tito can take rashad down come on, and I got sonnen I think he's on another level, but I really can't wait till next week for Diaz v Condit
    Diaz v Condit is going to be sick. As much as I like Condit and want to see him challenge GSP, I can't help but think Diaz takes it, his voluminous attack and the increasing pressure he exerts as the fight goes on is going to be hard for Condit to handle. Of course, I never discount Condit's KO power, but in a war of attrition I think Diaz comes out on top.
    Chael is the man! So freaking hilarious. The replica belt he's carrying around is absolutely hilarious. I wasn't a Sonnen fan before but he's too funny to not like.

Picks:
    Evans - I think the layoff plus jump in competition will hurt Davis.
    Sonnen
    Maia

I'm also looking forward to Diaz vs Condit. That is gonna be one helluva brawl. Two guys who just love to scrap. Oh man I can't wait. I think whoever loses will end up fighting GSP after the winner does. At least I hope so
    picks: Davis in the upset decision Sonnen KO 2nd round Maia- decision most of all i just hope this is better than the first ufc on fox
    ENFIDL:
    Chael is the man! So freaking hilarious. The replica belt he's carrying around is absolutely hilarious. I wasn't a Sonnen fan before but he's too funny to not like.
    I love how people get all offended pretty much whenever he opens his mouth, to me that's just hilarious.
    Well another UFC that doesn't live up to the fight, that's 0 for 2 on fox
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    big chunks:
    Well another UFC that doesn't live up to the fight, that's 0 for 2 on fox
    Sad but true...glad they are making the leap, but I was bored the whole time......
    Yeah, not too impressed with any of the main card fights. Some of the undercard bouts would have been better placed on the main card imo...but, who knew? I for one thought the Sonnen Bisping fight would have been a bit more exciting. And boy did Maia look like crap, at least Weidman had an excuse for gassing.
    Let's hear some picks. What are you guys thinking? I haven't made my mind up on all them but wanted to see what you guys thought lol
    The main is really tough for me. On the one hand, Condit can end it quickly. On the other hand, Diaz is a beast who just goes harder and faster as a fight drags on...if Condit can't manage to tko/ko him, Diaz wins via UD or late round stoppage. My gut tells me Diaz gets the win.

Diaz
    Werdum
    Peirce
    Jorg
    Herman
    The main is a really hard pic for me too. They both looked great at weigh ins and the presser. I gotta go Diaz. I think Condit will go in swingin and Diaz will get the better or him. Just like he's done so many other times.

So I'm goin:
    Diaz again really hard pick for me. I really want Condit to win
    Werdum - I think this comes down to who runs out of gas first
    Koscheck
    Pegado
    Herman

I'm so much more excited to see Condit v Diaz than I was to see either vs GSP. I like and respect GSP as an athlete, but as a fighter I think he lacks a killer instinct.
    j0z3r:
    I'm so much more excited to see Condit v Diaz than I was to see either vs GSP. I like and respect GSP as an athlete, but as a fighter I think he lacks a killer instinct.
    Whole heartedly agree. This will be a much more exciting fight than either of them vs GSP could be
    Diaz, werdum and Kos
    Let's do a lil discussion. Let's do our personal Top 5 of all time P4P list. Here's mine:

1. Fedor Emelianenko
    2. Anderson Silva
    3. Georges St Pierre
    4. Dan Henderson
    5. Wanderlei Silva & Shogun Rua

Wow, that's a heavy topic.

In my mind, Anderson and Fedor absolutely belong in there. After them it gets murky. GSP is a hard sell for me, he's a great athlete and one of the best in the sport today, but is he all time p4p? I say no simply because I question his motivations with his risk aversion style of fighting.

In no particular order, mine would look a little something like this:

Fedor
    Anderson
    Shogun
    Chuck Liddell
    Cro-Cop

I was debating putting Mirko in there, but really he fought the best of the best when they were the best. His UFC run takes the shine off what would have been a brilliant career. I wanted to put Big Nog in there for the same reason, but ended up with Crocop, odd since Big Nog beat him. This is a tough topic, it begs the question "what qualifies someone as p4p great? Do you base it on how many wins, who those wins were against, how those wins were secured, etc...?"
    So, I don't know about last night. I don't have a problem with the decision, Condit did enough to win (as did Diaz depending on how you look at it), but I do take issue with the scores, no way in hell did Condit win 4 rounds.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    Let's do a lil discussion. Let's do our personal Top 5 of all time P4P list. Here's mine:

1. Fedor Emelianenko
    2. Anderson Silva
    3. Georges St Pierre
    4. Dan Henderson
    5. Wanderlei Silva & Shogun Rua

1. The Emperor
    2. GSP
    3. The Prodigy
    4. The Spider
    5. Rampage
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    j0z3r:
    Wow, that's a heavy topic.

In my mind, Anderson and Fedor absolutely belong in there. After them it gets murky. GSP is a hard sell for me, he's a great athlete and one of the best in the sport today, but is he all time p4p? I say no simply because I question his motivations with his risk aversion style of fighting.

In no particular order, mine would look a little something like this:

Fedor
    Anderson
    Shogun
    Chuck Liddell
    Cro-Cop

I was debating putting Mirko in there, but really he fought the best of the best when they were the best. His UFC run takes the shine off what would have been a brilliant career. I wanted to put Big Nog in there for the same reason, but ended up with Crocop, odd since Big Nog beat him. This is a tough topic, it begs the question "what qualifies someone as p4p great? Do you base it on how many wins, who those wins were against, how those wins were secured, etc...?"
    To me it's a mix of wins, who they were against, when they fought them, title runs, etc. The only reason I have GSP on there is because he has been a very dominant champion. When he has fought high level guys he's beat them and left no doubt that he did. Hughes and Penn immediately come to mind. He def lacks the killer instinct that irritates me but his title run against top competition is what causes me to put him on there. Cro Cop and Big Nog were really close to being on mine. Both were beasts and are two of the best heavyweights ever but I just couldn't add them to my list.
    j0z3r:
    So, I don't know about last night. I don't have a problem with the decision, Condit did enough to win (as did Diaz depending on how you look at it), but I do take issue with the scores, no way in hell did Condit win 4 rounds.
    I didn't see it but it sounded like the consensus either thought he should have lost because he fought with his head and didn't fight Diaz's fight or that he won only 3 rounds and not 4.