Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    leerescue@yahoo.com:
    hello my name is david new to the forum. my frends have recently got me started. last night i smoked my first cain maduro was not bad. allso had a swisher sweet peach. would like to know what to start out with? the cain maduro was a little strong fore me. any info welcome thanks.
    WElcome to the board. A good way to start out is to call a rep @ cigar.com and tell them to create a custom sampler for you, that way you can control how much you spend and you can find what appeals to you. You will probably find medium bodied cigars to be to your liking. Cain maduro is great, but I would agree for a first cigar a bit on the fuller side. Hope you stay around Brother this is a great place.
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Welcome brother, I am glad that you have joined us here on CCOM. I guess we can blame Toombes for this lovely new adventure.. Hope you enjoy it as much as i have so far.. I promise you will wake up from a dead sleep and get on the forum to read like i did last night... LOL
  • Options
    thanks for the welcome. im new and will be asking a lot of questions so please have patients.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Medic45:
    Welcome brother, I am glad that you have joined us here on CCOM. I guess we can blame Toombes for this lovely new adventure.. Hope you enjoy it as much as i have so far.. I promise you will wake up from a dead sleep and get on the forum to read like i did last night... LOL

How is this my fault?! All I did was feed you some good cigars and you followed me around like a puppy. YOU are the one who hooked David in... Regardless, welcome to the forum fellers!
  • Options
    yeah that sounds about right
  • Options
    Thanks for the smoke toombs it was not that bad. Love the puc with the swisher sweet awsome
  • Options
    I ment the pic of toombs humidor awsome
  • Options
    leerescue@yahoo.com:
    Thanks for the smoke toombs it was not that bad. Love the puc with the swisher sweet awsome

Welcome, Dave. You shall have many more loverly experiences, my young Padawan.
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    TropeanTropean Posts: 7
    Thanks for the welcome, Mike. I really found the Cigar 101 thread valuable, especially learning about what appear to be terrific new humidification technology in the dozen or so years since I was most actively buying cigars. Placed my first order here at CCOM and took some time to clean out my humidors and get them ready for action. Looking forward to smoking and sharing. Thanks again.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome brother! Stick around and ask tons of questions, great brotherhood and community with loads of knowledge!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums, BOTLs! As others said, search the threads, ask questions, and get yourselves going on trades & passes!

And a few other pieces of advice:
    1) If you plan on sticking around and visiting regularly - buy a coolidor (or humi tower) ASAP - it will quickly fill up.
    2) I suggest that you do not give out your addy - but if you do, buy a second cooler ASAP. The BOTLs on here are very generous and do not know how to count. If your addy gets out you may start getting cigars sent to you for no reason.
    3) Lastly - if you find yourself watching the Sprint Sale, you will want to buy another cooler for those purchases. There's some outrageous deals on the site and you'll quickly need storage space for these cigars.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Awesome Advice thanks alot...Working on getting my first Humi..
  • Options
    Correction HUMI ON THE WAY.... :)
  • Options
    Add a torch lighter cutter and garcia vega corona. Stillworking on my humidor got a good contact from toombs last night. Im still working on what i tasted with this cigar. Looking forward to meeting thursday.
  • Options
    I guess its time for a real interduction. Im new to being a aficiando was interduced to cigars by toombes last weekend. Didnt think i would like smoking? But i have found it to be very relaxing. Im a EMT in EMS service for 13 years. After working a 48 hour shift need somthing to enjoy and relaxing. Im still not sure what im tasting. Ive had a cain maduro, garcia vega corona and a swisher sweet. I have a torch lighter a cutter dont know about a humidor? Dont have anything to put in it so ill just wait? I read the cigar 101 great read. Im a burbon drinker and would know what goes good with whisky. Thanks for all the help so far look forward to whats next.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome all new comers and enjoy:-) :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    After a couple of months of quietly reading through the forums, and spending something akin to "way more than i should have" on cigars, I think its high time I said hello! I'm J, and right now I'm out here in Virginia. I'd been smoking cigars about once or twice a year as part of a traditional Scotch & Cigar Night with some friends back home, who are scattered about the US nowadays. I'm happy to say that even though I barely know what I am doing, I've started enjoying them whenever I can. Also, y'all have taught me a damn good deal just from browsing forums, so I already have to say thanks!
  • Options
    Welcome fellow brother of the leaf. hope you enjoy this as much as i have...lol
  • Options
    Welcome to everyone I've missed recently. As has been previously stated, make it easy on yourselves and send us your info unless you really enjoy the pain...
  • Options
    The start of a new era in enjoyment!! The RyJ Reseve Maduro is now a must buy !
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    Im heading to vegas in may. Any help were to find some good cigars while im there??
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name is Tony.
    Handle is 0patience. Guys at work give it to me a very long time ago, cause I lack patience.

Frequent a few other cigar forums for quite some time, found this one today.

Never even realized this site had a forum. Been buying from them for quite some time.

I'm a cameroon fiend. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To every new face we have here welcome and we really are d@mn glad to have y'all!!! Stick around and get involved, I promise that in time you will understand just how special and unique this brotherhood is!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos ffa approved
  • Options
    FFA or FAA? Cause I didn't know future farmers smoked cigars.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    He says it was a typo Iphone 4 sucks he is a poor little NEWB...
  • Options
    Medic45:

Look who's talking...
  • Options
    Toombes:
    Medic45:

Look who's talking...

95 posts baby im wearing my NEWBISH OFF..lol Now if i could only figure out how to smoke one of these things...lmao
  • Options
    Medic45:
    95 posts baby im wearing my NEWBISH OFF..lol Now if i could only figure out how to smoke one of these things...lmao
    That's ok. I signed up on cigar.com in Sept 2011 and it only took me until this last week to figure out it had a forum.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: