Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished an Oliva Serie G Cameroon toro, what a pleasant smoke. I think I prefer the G in maduro, but the Cameroon version was great all the same.

Uhhhh...Tony ...the new avatar???
    Yeah man, the DSi is fun, lol. It has all kinds of crazy photo-editing software built in, and I normally take it out with me to surf the internet while I am smoking. It is just one of the photos I altered and took with it.

Just got back in from smoking a Verdadero Organic robusto. This one wasn't quite as flavorful as the last two I have had, maybe it was just me.
  • Options
    BigginBiggin Posts: 52
    Just smoked a 5 Vegas A thanks to my PIF from brc81..  Man, it was good.  Much more mellow and creamy than I expected.  That's three of the 5 Vegas cigars in three days (5 Vegas Gold, 5 Vegas Classic, and 5 Vegas A), and I have to say that they are some of my favorite smokes.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Ended up having a LFD Cameroon Cabinet. I love that cigar AND the wrapper actually stayed on it this time!! Woohoo.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    madurofan:
    Ended up having a LFD Cameroon Cabinet. I love that cigar AND the wrapper actually stayed on it this time!! Woohoo.

Plenty of love for that stick ...just had my first one last week...looking to go back and probably buy the rest this shop has
  • Options
    gmill880:
    madurofan:

Plenty of love for that stick ...just had my first one last week...looking to go back and probably buy the rest this shop has
    Did ou have any issues with the wrapper coming off?
  • Options
    madurofan:
    gmill880:
    madurofan:

Nope ...wrapper hung on like its supposed to ...wonder if you got a box that something happened to Maddy although I'm not altogether sure what that something would/could have been ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    madurofan:
    gmill880:
    madurofan:

Nope ...wrapper hung on like its supposed to ...wonder if you got a box that something happened to Maddy although I'm not altogether sure what that something would/could have been ...
    Typically its over humidification ... it loosens up the pectin glue and causes the cigar to swell and the wrapper to split. Its quite possible thats what happened. All of the ones I've had were from the same box.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    today was a cohiba red dot. ill have a review up later on when i feel like posting it. not in the mood to retype what i just wrote out today. the long and short of it is that i gave it an 8.8
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    today was a cohiba red dot. ill have a review up later on when i feel like posting it. not in the mood to retype what i just wrote out today. the long and short of it is that i gave it an 8.8
    Heh, I think I sent you a red dot once upon a time. Was that a good 8.8 or one of the "dammit I hated the cigar but somehow it still rated an 8.8"?
  • Options
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    Heh, I think I sent you a red dot once upon a time. Was that a good 8.8 or one of the "dammit I hated the cigar but somehow it still rated an 8.8"?
    it was the one you sent. thats the only red dot ive ever had.... given you sent me the corona size. that sounds like a size you would have been enjoying in july of '08.

it was a "this is a solid cigar but nothing spectacular" kind of 8.8
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    it was the one you sent. thats the only red dot ive ever had.... given you sent me the corona size. that sounds like a size you would have been enjoying in july of '08.

it was a "this is a solid cigar but nothing spectacular" kind of 8.8
    I can't remember. I ended up with a sampler, it came with two churchills and two what I thought were robustos but may have been coronas. I believe they came with the executive cases that you also won from me, which is probably why I threw it in your winnings pack. For a cameroon(which you know my fondness for) I wasn't impressed at all.

Speaking of that case have you used it much? I loved it when I first got it, then hated it because it wouldn't fit anything over a 50 ring gauge, now I'm back to loving it again as I've moved away from large ring gauge cigars.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm hoping to have a smoke tonight but no clue yet what it will be... I'm trying to picture what all is in my Humi but it's been a long day and I'm tired and just can't think of what all is in there...
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Speaking of that case have you used it much? I loved it when I first got it, then hated it because it wouldn't fit anything over a 50 ring gauge, now I'm back to loving it again as I've moved away from large ring gauge cigars.
    i have used it once but the occasions where i need a formal cigar case are few and far between.
  • Options
    Just had a Nub Cammie Torpedo. This is probably my favorite Nub, but still not exactly one of my favorites. I know it seems like everyone on Earth loves the Nubs, but they just don't do it for me.
  • Options
    I just finished an Alec Bradley Medalist, damn good cigar, just like the last one I had.
  • Options
    Finished a Gurkha Marquesa couple of hours ago...nice nice smoke...good const. and burn and good woodsy sweetish flavor
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    I smoked a Montecristo robusto. I dropped it about 1/2" in and the wrapper shattered. I held it together for a while but gave up around the 1/2 way point. It's too bad, it was a good smoke too.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Had a Nub Connie, good as always, but the wind was blowing a bit and sped the burn up, so it got spicy towards the end, had to set it down at the 50 min mark. If it was dead calm, I would say I had another 20 mins of smoking time.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Tried something new tonight...well, I tried a stick new to me, and I tried smoking without any whiskey or beer, just a glass of water (had lots of beer last night and just wasn't in the mood).

So I had a Padilla Miami in the churchill...as far as I'm concerned, this is an awesome smoke. I wasn't sure what to expect when I pulled it out...one of the ugliest looking corojo wrappers I ever laid eyes on. But the burn was razor sharp and the taste was full and complex. And without the competing flavors of beer or soemthing else, I got to totally sit back and delve into the flavors. One of about four or five that I immediately want to get more of.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If you liked the Miami, you should give the Signature 1932 a try, a fully awesome cigar in my opinion.

I had a La Gloria Cubana wavell this afternoon, always one I like and this time was like any other. A bit later was a Perdomo 10th Ann. Reserve Criollo robusto, this one has earned a permanent place in my humidor...I could chain smoke these.
  • Options
    I had a nub cameroon and yes nub maduro ... be jealous, be very, very jealous.
  • Options
    Not at all jealous...I'm not a particular fan of the Nub line, they just don't do much for me. I prefer something longer and skinnier to short and stubby. (ok I gave you the ammo, show me what you got)
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    j0z3r:
    Not at all jealous...I'm not a particular fan of the Nub line, they just don't do much for me. I prefer something longer and skinnier to short and stubby. (ok I gave you the ammo, show me what you got)
    You just described me in multipe ways. HAhahahahahaha......
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    So you prefer white guys over asian guys?

So seriously you are not a nub CIGAR fan?
  • Options
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:

Yes to both. :D
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Had the rest of the Rocky Pater Ren this morning on the way to work. Smoked a Gurkha Legend boxed pressed toro (I think it was a toro) for lunch today. Now, I am sitting on my porch smoking a Gurka Castle Hall courtesy of Phoebes. I only cut very little of the tip off but the draw is still easy. When I lit the nipple you could see that there wasn't much tobacco there. It burnt really fast. Overall this cigar is burning quickly but it had a pleasant mild taste so I can't complain. It's not bad at all. Much better than I expected. It getting kind of soft but it's not affecting the flavor at all. This is my first Castle Hall. I would probably get a few more if I was looking for something mild and inexpensive.

Maddy, as I stated before I am jealous. I would have loved to come down. Got to much going on though, I have to take my midterm tomorrow. I do have some on order. Looks like they are still backordered at ccom or they are filling orders as they got them and I was late with my order. I think I ordered them last month sometime. I'll check out your review. I still want to get the Nub Miami when it comes out.

I have been good for the last two weeks. I haven't bought anything although I almost did numerous times. I may buy two or three of those GoF 5 packs with the lighter. The Colonel I support is retiring in June. I may get one for him, one for a good friend and one for me. If I get one for me it is really because I want the lighter. I still have 30+ GoF sitting in my humi that I got in 2007.
  • Options
    mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Posts: 686
    I had a Man O War toro tonight, I just got these in a few weeks ago, and it still could use some rest, but it did seem quite promising, draw and burn werent that great but they both opened up a lil towards the end, seemed like it could be a great cigar, I have quite a few more so I hope so:)
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    maddy how was the nub maduro...need details :)
  • Options
    I capped off the night with a Joya de Nicaragua Antaño churchill...dayum, what a smoke. It was pretty strong, but not so strong as to overshadow the flavor, which it had in spades. I still prefer the belicoso, but this one is a close second.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:

Yes to both. :D
    I guess I am not the only non-fan of Nubs on the board. They really don't do it for me either there Joe.

Had a CAO CX2 earlier at a firend's barbeque. Maybe it was because I had a few drinks in me, but it took much longer for the flavor to develop than it normally does with these, and when it did, it just seemed more bland than normal. Don't get me wrong, it was still very good, just not quite on par with the others I have had.