Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was an Artuero Fuentes Cuban Corona..Nice little cigar with nutty, leathery/woody taste.. A bit of cocoa, and the wrapper has just a slight vanilla taste to it. The burn was slow and even, a bit of spice to this medium bodied stick, Construction was good, as I always find Fuentes cigars enjoyable. Another dependable cigar, well worth the low price.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had another Defiance this afternoon, this time it was the belicoso. This size was just as good, maybe even a tad better, now I don't know which size to buy a box of, lol.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Did something I almost never do. Had the same cigar 2 times in one day. Check my earlier today smoke...stopped and got a handful of the Cusano Hermanos Vintage on the way home and lit one up on the deck !!! Damn what an intrigueing smoke. Nice nice peaty with some earthy flavors and a nice mix of light pepper and what I would describe as a 'Leafy taste'. These have been there a good while, maybe over a year. On this one the band stuck to the cello (no damage to the cigar) and again as with the one I smoked this morning the area where the band was is at least 3-4 times darker than the rest of the cigar. Am interested to see what several months at my preferred RH level will yield. Anyone else had these ? By the way it was a churchill and lasted 2 hours 5 minutes !!!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Did something I almost never do. Had the same cigar 2 times in one day. Check my earlier today smoke...stopped and got a handful of the Cusano Hermanos Vintage on the way home and lit one up on the deck !!! Damn what an intrigueing smoke. Nice nice peaty with some earthy flavors and a nice mix of light pepper and what I would describe as a 'Leafy taste'. These have been there a good while, maybe over a year. On this one the band stuck to the cello (no damage to the cigar) and again as with the one I smoked this morning the area where the band was is at least 3-4 times darker than the rest of the cigar. Am interested to see what several months at my preferred RH level will yield. Anyone else had these ? By the way it was a churchill and lasted 2 hours 5 minutes !!!
    Hey Gene, if you stop by there again, could I bother you to pick me up a handful of those Cusanos? I can send you some cash or we can work out a nice trade if you would. No pressure of course, but if you wouldn't mind, I'd be much appreciative.

Had a couple nice cigars today. This afternoon was an ITC 10th segundo, the toro size. After alien hooked me up with a few and I smoked through them all, I just knew I had to have a bundle of my own...damn was I right!! :) Awesome cigar, and the price makes it all the more sweet. I just came in from smoking a Xikar Defiance robusto, damn good cigar too. I will be getting some more of these in the near future as well.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406

Had a Cuban HDM Petit Robusto on the way to the airport this morning. This afternoon was a Padilla 68. Finished the night with a Greycliff PG. Three for three today -all great smokes!

• Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Just finished a Cigar.com Corojo label, and a Victor Sinclair Cuban Corojo earlier in the day. I've figured out that habano/corojo wrapper cigars are hit or miss with me. I dug the VS, but the Corojo Label just didn't cut it.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm enjoying an Oliva Serie V right now. I love these things, easily my favorite Oliva. I've got my cigar and Thelonious Monk playing. Not a bad way to wind down from a hard day at work.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    gmill880:
    Alex Williams:
    Gurkha micro-batch c-10. Great smoke. Perfect draw, a little harsh at first but it evened out and opened up after about half an inch. Got to a five inch ash before I tapped it off. Smoked it until it burnt my fingers and the taste was consistent throughout. Highly recommend it.

Whoa ...a five inch ash ! ...thats crazy...!
    Ya I was astonished! I might have just gotten lucky with that one but I don't know. I am planning to wake up early and greet the sun with a cup of coffee and a Gurkha turk on my hammock before work in the morning. It is going to be a good day.
  • Options
    Just finished up a Perdomo Lot 23 Conny, damn good smoke. I was really unimpressed with the Maduro version a while back, but the Conny really came through.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Hoyo de Tradicion

good stuff right there.

gunna have to get a few more.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I haven't had anything since monday night but I plan on making up for it today! Yesterday marked 10 years since I "grajutated" skool so in honor of that I'm going to light up a Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 that I've had for a couple years now resting. Not sure what else I will have, but it will be nice to kick off my vacation with some good smokes, drinks, and friends!
  • Options
    bnccna2bnccna2 Posts: 44
    going for a padilla habano.
  • Options
    bnccna2bnccna2 Posts: 44
    PuroFreak:
    Well I haven't had anything since monday night but I plan on making up for it today! Yesterday marked 10 years since I "grajutated" skool so in honor of that I'm going to light up a Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 that I've had for a couple years now resting. Not sure what else I will have, but it will be nice to kick off my vacation with some good smokes, drinks, and friends!
    wow, 10 years out is a long time. have fun on vacation.
  • Options
    bnccna2:
    PuroFreak:
    wow, 10 years out is a long time. have fun on vacation.
    Thanks BNC. It doesn't seem like it's been that long, but I guess time flies when you're having fun! I think I might go pick up another Opus or two when I get off work today. I'm trying to stock up on them so I can smoke one or two without running to low.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    PuroFreak:
    10 Years since what? High School? College? It's been 14 years for me since High School and only 1 1/2 years since College. LOL!
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    PuroFreak:
    10 Years since what? High School? College? It's been 14 years for me since High School and only 1 1/2 years since College. LOL!
    Since High Screwl. Was paroled on May 28th of 1999. lol
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    rwheelwright:
    PuroFreak:
    damn Puro, you gradumatated the same year I did? i always thought you were about 3-4 years older than I.

got my 10 year reunion down in cincinnati this year.
  • Options
    I smoked the Warlord last night. The draw was tight but the taste was good. Different than I remember but good. However, I had to put it down at the half way mark because I was at my destination and I had to be inside at 6. I lit back up when I got out and it was fine for about 15 minutes then it got really harsh and had a huge amonia taste that would not go away. After another 10 minutes of trying and purging I gave up because it was way way way too much. I think I left about 2 1/2 - 3 inches before I tossed it. This cigar definately had some age to it so I don't know what it could have been. I can't blame it on being a bad cigar because the whole thing would likely have been bad and it wasn't.

Tonight I am going to the Nub event. I brought a Hemingway Signature, ISOM Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto, DPG JJ, Nub Habano and Nub Connie with me.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    rwheelwright:
    PuroFreak:
    damn Puro, you gradumatated the same year I did? i always thought you were about 3-4 years older than I.

Young Whipper Snappers!
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    rwheelwright:
    PuroFreak:

Nope, just act like a grouchy old fart most of that time! haha
  • Options
    Yeah my diploma was on a stone tablet hahaha !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Really? I figured it was carved into the wall of some cave somewhere G-man! haha
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    Hey Gene, if you stop by there again, could I bother you to pick me up a handful of those Cusanos? I can send you some cash or we can work out a nice trade if you would. No pressure of course, but if you wouldn't mind, I'd be much appreciative.

Had a couple nice cigars today. This afternoon was an ITC 10th segundo, the toro size. After alien hooked me up with a few and I smoked through them all, I just knew I had to have a bundle of my own...damn was I right!! :) Awesome cigar, and the price makes it all the more sweet. I just came in from smoking a Xikar Defiance robusto, damn good cigar too. I will be getting some more of these in the near future as well.

I will be picking up the rest of them (8) when I go by there tonight ...will send some out to you probably be on Monday though Joe. If you have anything extra you want to send out in return ok but its not necessary...I think you will enjoy these...
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    Really? I figured it was carved into the wall of some cave somewhere G-man! haha

Now damn it Puro that was just mean !!! I hope your bullet proof vest has fleas in it hahaha ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

Now damn it Puro that was just mean !!! I hope your bullet proof vest has fleas in it hahaha ...
    Hahaha Sorry G-Man, I've been in an evil mood the past couple days. I'll try to behave myself a little better! lol

P.S. With some of the nasty damn people we deal with it wouldn't suprise me if I did get fleas! lol That would be one of the least scary things out there!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

Hahaha Sorry G-Man, I've been in an evil mood the past couple days. I'll try to behave myself a little better! lol

P.S. With some of the nasty damn people we deal with it wouldn't suprise me if I did get fleas! lol That would be one of the least scary things out there!

Yeah I bet fleas are the least of your worries man ...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:

I will be picking up the rest of them (8) when I go by there tonight ...will send some out to you probably be on Monday though Joe. If you have anything extra you want to send out in return ok but its not necessary...I think you will enjoy these...
    Thank you Gene, I greatly appreciate it. Necessary or not, I'll send ya a little something as a thank you.
  • Options
    Just finished up an Oliva O natural robusto. Damn good cigar, tied with the G maduro for my favorite Oliva.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

Yeah I bet fleas are the least of your worries man ...
    Yea, one of our guys got stabbed in the hand with a needle by a **** junkie in the 7-11 bathroom a couple months ago. Thank god he tested clear afterwards.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I had a CAO Habano this evening at the B&M with my Dad.