Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had a MoW Ruination robusto #1 this afternoon...WOW, so much better than the first one I had, the rest period has done it well. I don't even know where to start with this, heavy on flavor, slow, steady burn that took only a couple touch-ups and a perfect draw. Them boys done good on this sucker.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Smoked an Oliva Connie tonight that I picked up at a B&M when they came out. I smoked one right away and wasn't impressed, but this one was very good. Nice medium body and flavor, excellent construction.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Today was a La Vieja Wafe and a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Had an Edge by Rocky, got some nice woody and cedary flavors, a little bit of leather and earth also. A good solid, full bodied smoke.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    Matt Marvel:
    I've had some burn issues with it, but still, it's worth smoking again. I can't say that I'll have an issue with another one. I'd really like to try one of those Nordings. I need to get my hands on one.
    Good luck, they are becoming quite scarce. Damn good smokes though. I'm an RP fan and thats my favorite.
    im not a RP fan and i still like the nording the best. i hope to see more of them in the future, but i dont knwo if i will.
    Did you ever smoke the Nicarao? That used to be my second favorite bu I believe the Summer 2008 has jumped ahead of it. Actually the RP Seasonal line in general has been damn good.
    The Nicarao is one of my favorites of his as well. Have you tried the Cruz Real? It is another very good one. My favorite RP is the Vigilante though, phenominal stick.

Had a CI Anniversary earlier tonight, this one was better than I remember the last one being. I also turned a friend of mine onto 5 Vegas with the Gold, he loved it.
  • Options
    All that talking about RP made me want one, but I was in a very indecisive mood. I normally go for an infused stick when in one of those moods, and low and behold, there was a Java sitting in the humidor just calling my name. Satisfied both my cravings at the same time. Its been a while since I had one, very good smoke. Gotta give credit where credit is due, so thanks to Gene for this one.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Drove from New York to Boston last night, and started out by smoking a Aroma de Cuba mas gordo which lasted me till Connecticut. I pulled over, bought a milkshake, and lit up a Indian Tabac, which took me through MA, very good smoke. VERY good, I'll be buying more for sure.
  • Options

pm in your box

• Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Speaking of RP which is one of my top 2 brands right now next to Oliva, I just finished a 1992 torp. Damn good as always though I do believe the 90 is a bit better. I was supposed to go to the water park today but my girlfriend is too hungover to go, shes passed out on the couch right now ha ha. That means I need a back up plan. I have a decade torp and a RP sungrown but I might venture to the lounge to hang out and smoke. I cant decide if I should smoke a Nording, a spring collection or an ITC all of which Ive never had. I love the decade and the 90/92.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    gaberox:
    Speaking of RP which is one of my top 2 brands right now next to Oliva, I just finished a 1992 torp. Damn good as always though I do believe the 90 is a bit better. I was supposed to go to the water park today but my girlfriend is too hungover to go, shes passed out on the couch right now ha ha. That means I need a back up plan. I have a decade torp and a RP sungrown but I might venture to the lounge to hang out and smoke. I cant decide if I should smoke a Nording, a spring collection or an ITC all of which Ive never had. I love the decade and the 90/92.
    I'd say go for the Nording or ITC 10th! Those are both awesome smokes! The Nording has quickly become a favorite RP of mine along with the Renaissance!!!
  • Options
    thizzcorethizzcore Posts: 48
    got a lil drunk last night nd enjoyed a few nice ones a nub habano again (all my store seems to have, need to buy from ccom since i pay around 9-10 for a nub in my town!) and had a a fuente flor fina 858..not sure if i will smoke one again. maybe a different 858.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    thizzcore:
    got a lil drunk last night nd enjoyed a few nice ones a nub habano again (all my store seems to have, need to buy from ccom since i pay around 9-10 for a nub in my town!) and had a a fuente flor fina 858..not sure if i will smoke one again. maybe a different 858.
    10 bucks! I'd hate to see what they're charging for a Padron.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    thizzcore:
    you in CA? or in Canada?
  • Options
    Northern California
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    thizzcore:

lol well the a fuente was 7.00 i believe, they have one rp for around 23.00 not sure as to what. and we have a gurkha with the red cap and gold wax (sorry relatively new to the whole cigar scene) for about 28.
  • Options
    thizzcore:
    Matt Marvel:
    thizzcore:

lol well the a fuente was 7.00 i believe, they have one rp for around 23.00 not sure as to what. and we have a gurkha with the red cap and gold wax (sorry relatively new to the whole cigar scene) for about 28.
    I feel your pain. Tatuaje Miamis go for anywhere from $12-20 around here, and Nubs are also around the $9-10 mark. I did recently find a shop that only marks up about $1-2 above retail though, so I am happy about that (even though their selection is pretty limited).

Just finished a Nording I got from Jozer I think, it was my first MAW on the board. This one had been sitting in my humidor for about three months now, and wow was it better than the first one I had. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to get a box of these.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    thizzcore:
    Matt Marvel:
    thizzcore:

I feel your pain. Tatuaje Miamis go for anywhere from $12-20 around here, and Nubs are also around the $9-10 mark. I did recently find a shop that only marks up about $1-2 above retail though, so I am happy about that (even though their selection is pretty limited).

Just finished a Nording I got from Jozer I think, it was my first MAW on the board. This one had been sitting in my humidor for about three months now, and wow was it better than the first one I had. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to get a box of these.
    Good Luck finding a box ... :( its sad but they seem to be vanishing.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    PuroFreak:
    gaberox:
    I'd say go for the Nording or ITC 10th! Those are both awesome smokes! The Nording has quickly become a favorite RP of mine along with the Renaissance!!!

Ended up having the spring and the Nording. The spring was pretty good though a little strange. I couldnt quite put my finger on what the tastes were. Pepper for sure at first then maybe some wood type flavors. Maybe a little grass in there. Strange since Im pretty good at pin pointing what Im tasting. Had a nice aroma but some sort of dirty flavor in there, didnt ruin it all together though.

The Nording on the other hand was damn tasty for the first couple inches and about half the price of the spring. Only problem was I needed to get home so I figured Id walk home with it. It ended up going out on me though. I still finished it when I got home about 15 min later but it wasnt the same. Ill be having another one of those for sure. Where I get em thier damn cheap for such a kick ass cigar. Im really tempted to light up a decade or sungrown but 4 cigar days never seem to do me any good. I guess Ill have the decade in the morning.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    thizzcore:
    Matt Marvel:
    thizzcore:

Hey thizz, you live in or around the SF area? Also, buying online is always cheaper than what we get in CA, even down here in Socal, stuff isn't that expensive.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    alienmisprint:
    thizzcore:
    Matt Marvel:
    thizzcore:

Good Luck finding a box ... :( its sad but they seem to be vanishing.
    Have they quit making these as well? Man, I'm getting pretty pissed about finding cigars I love only to find out they don't make them anymore. First the Vigilante, then the Defiance (apparently), and now the Nordings. This is BS. I do have a place I can get boxes of Nordings from, but only the torpedos or toros, no robustos.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    NUB Maduro 464 Torpedo. It was tasty, but I was definately expecting more! Even though the reviews I saw on it before I smoke it were mostly spot on, I was still expecting more! I was really hoping that I was going to have that 1st Nub Conn experience! The one that WOWED the sox off of me!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet #4 this afternoon while watching the rain come down...awesome smoke as always, and really cool to see rain here at this time of the year. I also had an Oliva Serie V double robusto a bit later, I really like that cigar too, though this one put a whooping on me since I didn't have a full stomach. Good stuff.
  • Options
    Started out w a La Aurora 1495 Cameroon ( only have 2 left!). Next up was a San Christobal. Finished up the night w a Cuesta Rey Centro Fino Sungrown.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Had a DPG Blue Torpedo while chatting with the Don, through his VP/Translator. What a cool guy he apologized repeatedly for not being able to speak English.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    madurofan:
    Had a DPG Blue Torpedo while chatting with the Don, through his VP/Translator. What a cool guy he apologized repeatedly for not being able to speak English.
    Damn lucky basturd. ;) I had an Oliva MB III after lunch which was solid, though not particularly exciting, and then a Cabiguan this evening. It was decent, but not nearly as good as the JJ, IMO.
  • Options
    Had a horrible Arturo Fuente "It's a Girl" cigar earlier, dumped it less than halfway in. I cleansed my palate of that trainwreck with a Natural Pimp Stick, very nice smoke as usual. Then just a little while ago I had a CAO MX2. Great evening all in all.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Yesterday, on the way back from Boston, I started the trip off smoking a Rocky Patel 1992 Vintage, and I can say now I can see why people prefer it to the 1990. Very solid stick, great construction as always. I then let that one go out after having nubbed it and picked up a Padilla 1968, which just released VOLUMES of smoke, and probably made people nervous about driving next to me. One of my favorite sticks, that Padilla. Finally, once I got home, I lit a few tiki torches in the backyard and at under my overhang, with rain pouring down around me, smoking a Rocky Patel Edge. First one I had, very pleased with it!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i had two yesterday:
    first was a Legend-Ario. i may get the review up later if im not lazy. then late last night/early this morning i had a CAO Italia. It was a fresh one. almost no age on it at all. this cigar really does need to rest a bit. it tasted very young.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I smoked another one that my parents got at the wedding last weekend. This one was a torpedo and was great. It tasted just like a RP 1992. The torpedo wasn't like a normal torpedo. The tapper started much sooner instead of at the head.

I started smoking the third and final cigar from the wedding today. This one cracked a bunch aas soon as I punched it and is smoking just ok. It is a little harsh but not that bad. The torpedo was the best out of the batch.
  • Options
    EFLAGGSEFLAGGS Posts: 19
    Smoked a Gurkha Centurian last night and it was all it's cracked up 2 be! Tonight it's AB Maxx!!