Home Non Cigar Related

Support Your Team!

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    LOL .
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

dutyje:
    Except that we're losing JP. So we need a stud DT and 2 good pass rushers. And we need to let Ken Lucas go and get a guy who can still cover. So yeah.. other than fixing those 4 positions, we're really only left with a lack of depth. We've already taken a step in the right direction by having our Defensive Coordinator opt to go elsewhere. Now, demote John Fox to defensive coordinator, and woo Bill Cowher out of retirement. Excellent. Let's hope the special teams continue to improve, and that Kasay keeps kicking like this until he's 80.

too late duty you guys already signed the colts old dc ron meeks -good luck with that (sarcasm) i always thought he rode dungys coat tails anyways a lotta colts fans are glad to see him gone. i'm sure we will stay in the cover 2 because thats what our personnel dictates right now but maybe we can at least run some diff looks ,schemes,stunts and its not a freakin' football sin to blitz once in a damn while!!! lookin forward to a  real dc in indy

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    gmill880:

dutyje:
    Except that we're losing JP. So we need a stud DT and 2 good pass rushers. And we need to let Ken Lucas go and get a guy who can still cover. So yeah.. other than fixing those 4 positions, we're really only left with a lack of depth. We've already taken a step in the right direction by having our Defensive Coordinator opt to go elsewhere. Now, demote John Fox to defensive coordinator, and woo Bill Cowher out of retirement. Excellent. Let's hope the special teams continue to improve, and that Kasay keeps kicking like this until he's 80.

too late duty you guys already signed the colts old dc ron meeks -good luck with that (sarcasm) i always thought he rode dungys coat tails anyways a lotta colts fans are glad to see him gone. i'm sure we will stay in the cover 2 because thats what our personnel dictates right now but maybe we can at least run some diff looks ,schemes,stunts and its not a freakin' football sin to blitz once in a damn while!!! lookin forward to a  real dc in indy

Hmm.. somehow I missed that. If Meeks is as timid about the blitz as Trgovac, we're in bad shape.
    dutyje:
    gmill880:

dutyje:

Hmm.. somehow I missed that. If Meeks is as timid about the blitz as Trgovac, we're in bad shape.

expect about as plain vanilla defense as you have ever seen ...

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm going to revive this thread for another year! This thread is about the Pros! SCREW COLLEGE! haha Kidding, I don't have anything against them, just not a huge fan. But we are getting ready to kick off a new season of NFL action and I'm getting pumped up!
    As anyone who was around last year knows, I'm a huge Cowboy fan, but I'm a big football fan in general. I am anxious to see how the Boys do this season after getting rid of TO and having a ton of rookies out there.
    I am NOT a New England fan at all, but I am looking forward to seeing how Tom Brady does upon his return. Of course the sports world has been going ape sh*t over the Eagles signing of Michael (pitbull) Vic. It didn't really suprise me at all, most of their fans and their entire organization lacks class.. kinda expect this from Philly...

So come on people, lets get some conversations going here and a little rivalry! ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?????
  • bibbybibby Posts: 152
    Great thread Puro!

Living in Vegas I get reallly excited even for the preseason, mainly for the betting aspects, be that as it may their's nothing better than Football Season! I am a fanatical Pittsburgh Steelers Fan, so it's hard to listen to you droll on about your "Boy's"; but at least you talking football.

How's this for a conversation stater; is it to early for Bronco fans to freak out that douche McDaniels traded Cutler for Kyle "which color shirts are we wearing" Orton and his three INT's? Well Bronco fans and everyone else, it is to early to pull the plug and put in Simms?

I actually think Orton will be fine, but I'm sure that will get the fires buring about NFL FOOTBALL!

Rob
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Huge football fan here. Literally. I'm like 250+ pounds and that's expected to rise as I drink wayyyy too much beer during the season. I like college football, fan of Pitt, Penn State and oddly enough, Michigan. But pro football is the best. Go Steelers...if we win this year, we challenge NE for the team of the decade. And sorry Puro, but the Cowboys are no longer America's team. It's a Steelers Nation.
    Forget the previous Orton saga; will Chicago try to trade back and get rid of Cutler already? He looked like absolute garbage yesterday! Not that surprised, they made a huge mistake by sending two first round draft picks plus a player, and second rounder to make this deal happen. It would only stand to reason that he will be a gigantic failure for them.

Rob
    lifetime Colts fan ......Oh God I hope Jim Caldwell learned something from Tony Dungy !!!!!!!
  • andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    Go Saints!!! Drew Brees should have another 5000 yard season, if they can figure out the other sdie of the ball we could be dangerous
    bibby:
    Great thread Puro!

Living in Vegas I get reallly excited even for the preseason, mainly for the betting aspects, be that as it may their's nothing better than Football Season! I am a fanatical Pittsburgh Steelers Fan, so it's hard to listen to you droll on about your "Boy's"; but at least you talking football.

How's this for a conversation stater; is it to early for Bronco fans to freak out that douche McDaniels traded Cutler for Kyle "which color shirts are we wearing" Orton and his three INT's? Well Bronco fans and everyone else, it is to early to pull the plug and put in Simms?

I actually think Orton will be fine, but I'm sure that will get the fires buring about NFL FOOTBALL!

Rob
    I am a fan of the Cowboys, but I by no means drool over them. lol If they suck I am their biggest critic, but I always pull for them.

More than anything though I am just a huge football fan. I am so ready for regular season to kick off so I can enjoy my new big screen tv and some great games. I used to have a package where I got every NFL game played and I would spend ALL DAY Sundays flipping from channel to channel so I could keep up with each game... I guess I really didn't have a life back then. lol
    PuroFreak:
    I am a fan of the Cowboys, but I by no means drool over them. lol If they suck I am their biggest critic, but I always pull for them.
    NO offense intended Puro! I feel the same way about the Steelers, I ALWAYS root until the game is completely over and am always willing to mentioned if they are weak in some area(s). I was simply pointing out a huge rivalry between the Steelers and Boys'.

I don't hate the boys, the boys fans, or anything like that; just don't like them and want the Steelers to beat them every time they play them! I'm sure you feel the same way!

Rob
    bibby:
    PuroFreak:
    NO offense intended Puro! I feel the same way about the Steelers, I ALWAYS root until the game is completely over and am always willing to mentioned if they are weak in some area(s). I was simply pointing out a huge rivalry between the Steelers and Boys'.

I don't hate the boys, the boys fans, or anything like that; just don't like them and want the Steelers to beat them every time they play them! I'm sure you feel the same way!

Rob
    Oh no offense taken man, cause I know your only a Steeler fan... You just can't help but be that way, it's how you guys are born. HAHAHA Kidding!!! I better watch out cause I'll have Luko after me talkin like that. I do like the Steelers actually and I think the rivalry between the two over the decades has just made football even better. Damn I'm ready for cool weather, party foods, and beer on sundays!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    bibby:
    PuroFreak:

Rob
    Oh no offense taken man, cause I know your only a Steeler fan... You just can't help but be that way, it's how you guys are born. HAHAHA Kidding!!! I better watch out cause I'll have Luko after me talkin like that. I do like the Steelers actually and I think the rivalry between the two over the decades has just made football even better. Damn I'm ready for cool weather, party foods, and beer on sundays!
    You might wanna switch from beer to percocets to dull the pain that will be this Cowboys' season!
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    bibby:
    PuroFreak:

Rob
    You might wanna switch from beer to percocets to dull the pain that will be this Cowboys' season!
    Why can't I have both??? lol
    Colts have the Philthey Pheagles tonight at 8:00 and its on tv ...woohoo... Lets see I have beer (michelob Light) rum (Tortuga) Bourbon ( Buffalo Trace) and now I just need to decide on a smoke ...toss between Nica Libre ...La Aurora 1495 ...or a DE Java
  • 4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    gmill880:
    rum (Tortuga)
    MmMmMMmmMmmMMMmmmMMmMMmm
  • Dear Dan Snyder,
    Please sell OUR team to someone who knows to stay the f*ck out of the sports team's operations. Thank you.

jlzimmerman
    jlzimmerman:
    Dear Dan Snyder,
    Please sell OUR team to someone who knows to stay the f*ck out of the sports team's operations. Thank you.

jlzimmerman
    It doens't get any more true than this! Great Call JL!

Hey Puro, without TO and Jessica to blame a lost season on who's the scapegoat now? Mr. I'm horrible in the winter and post seasons, or Wade? Sleep well thinking about that!

Rob
    bibby:
    jlzimmerman:
    Dear Dan Snyder,

jlzimmerman

Hey Puro, without TO and Jessica to blame a lost season on who's the scapegoat now? Mr. I'm horrible in the winter and post seasons, or Wade? Sleep well thinking about that!

Rob
    Well, if Pittsburgh can keep their player on the field and keep them from running around raping women they might have a shot this year... LOL Kidding again. Hey, maybe Ben and Kobe can get together and do a speaking tour on the "Downside to Banging Random Women." It kinda has a way to bite you in the ass with all the gold diggers out there.

In all honesty I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst from the Cowboys this year. I hope they kick ass, but I have my doubts. They have some great talent in the offensive backfield and at tight end, but I'm worried about the QB and the receivers. Also a little concerned about the young secondary, but it should be an interesting year, and win lose or draw... WE DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO T.O.'S **** MOUTH!!! Thank god! I just hope Barber and Jones can both stay healthy and tear up the field this year.

And for the record, the all time scapegoat of the Cowboys is Jerry Jones... The statement at the top of this applies to him too. Always has... Always will.
    bibby:
    jlzimmerman:
    Dear Dan Snyder,

jlzimmerman

Rob
    Well I slept pretty good after the 30-10 win the other night. The new stadium needs some work on the score board, but it was nice to see Barber score the first toughdown and it was great to see Felix Jones back on the field. That kid is FAST! It should be a good season for the running game.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    bibby:
    jlzimmerman:
    Dear Dan Snyder,

jlzimmerman

Rob
    Well I slept pretty good after the 30-10 win the other night. The new stadium needs some work on the score board, but it was nice to see Barber score the first toughdown and it was great to see Felix Jones back on the field. That kid is FAST! It should be a good season for the running game.
    I about crapped myself when I saw that punt hit the "World's Largest HDTV" someone got fired on that day....
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    jlzimmerman:
    Dear Dan Snyder,

jlzimmerman
    I'd be ok if he just fired Vinny "VP of Butt Kissing" Cerrato. Did you see the Post article when Vinny held up a "stack" of files as justification that he actually does do work around there he isn't just paid to be The Daniel's friend.
    Well guys we are about to have kickoff for the first full day of regular season football! Let the trash talk begin, and good luck to everyone! Well, except all you damn Steeler fans! haha
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    good luck to everyone! Well, except all you damn Steeler fans! haha
    fly Eagles fly!
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    GO SEAHAWKS!
    GO COLTS !!! Ahhhhh ....A 14-12 win over the Jags ...good start .....In all honesty we tried to give that game away early . Opening drive to the Jag 4 and thow a int ...then next drive to the Jag 25 and fumble...oh well it wasn't pretty but its a W anyway !!!
    jpclotfelter:
    GO SEAHAWKS!

Looks like the Seahawks come to Lucas Oil Stadium on 10/4 ...should be a good game ...
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    And the Cowboys start off the season 1-0!!! WOOHOO!!!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't feel bad, the Giants just fell for a high school play and gave up a touchdown at the end of the half. They dominated the whole half and just gave up all the momentum! It's going to be a long season.