Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Fun and Games

Comments

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Man, I don't know. Are we even in the right genre? I'll stick with it: Nickelback.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Man, I don't know. Are we even in the right genre?
    That's the beauty of it, taking a shot in the dark.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rdnstn:
    When you were in H.S.? That would've been the late 90s. Creed is too old.

I'm gonna guess...Nine Inch Nails
    Creed was voted Billboard Rock Artist of the year 1998, 1999, 2000 But Maybe Vankl. is a Barry Manilow fan and we are all barking up the wrong trees.
    kaspera79:
    Creed was voted Billboard Rock Artist of the year 1998, 1999, 2000
    That right there ought to be a crime.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Ok, clue # 2 is that you are in the right decade.
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    Creed was voted Billboard Rock Artist of the year 1998, 1999, 2000
    That right there ought to be a crime.
    On a personal note I saw Creed December 1999 in Chicago .. The worst show I have ever seen... Scott Stapp was so F***** Up the band was booed off the stage.. The other members came out apologized and half an hour later Stapp came out gave some broke ass excuse sang a few more songs and that was it.. The crowd was going to riot.. the band said they would do a make up show but I'm still waiting for that to happen
    I remember hearing about that from friends. Never saw Creed in concert though, not really a band I cared for that much.
    vankleekkw:
    I remember hearing about that from friends. Never saw Creed in concert though, not really a band I cared for that much.
    Actually I personally hated them before the concert too. And that "show" didn't endear me to them either. I was there for the beer and because my wife loved that band.. I just enjoy live music of all types ...
    vankleekkw:
    So here's a complete change of pace: Toby Keith.
    Let's see... a genre really would help, lots of music in the 90's.

Shot in the dark #2: Hootie and the Blowfish
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    The Offspring
    vankleekkw:
    Dave Mathews Band
    urbino:
    vankleekkw:
    So here's a complete change of pace: Toby Keith.
    Clue#3 - Alternative (Can't believe someone switched to country :p)
    I am going to give a new clue each day making it a little easier each time. Clue#4 - The lead singer is bald
    Somebody already said Smashing Pumpkins, so I'll go with R.E.M.
    bald lead singer...? hmm.

is it Live?
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    urbino:
    Somebody already said Smashing Pumpkins, so I'll go with R.E.M.

Finally, somebody posted up what I was thinking from the outset. But I'm not in this game yet, so I'm just spectating.
    j0z3r:
    bald lead singer...? hmm.

is it Live?
    We got a winner!!!!!!
    Honestly I didn't think anyone would get it until the next clue or two, but congratulations. PM me your address and I'll get the sticks out on Monday.
    I grew up on Alternative, so if there is anything I know, that's it.

Pm sent! Guys, give me a little time to think up a question... I wasn't prepared to win this.
    Thanks to all for participating and everyone had some really good guesses. For my first concert, Live was awesome. It was their Throwing Copper albumn.

Everyone did have good guesses, since I have attended these guesses.

The Offspring
    NIN - I actually fell asleep, but A Perfect Circle was awesome as an opening band.
    KISS
    vankleekkw:
    Thanks to all for participating and everyone had some really good guesses. For my first concert, Live was awesome. It was their Throwing Copper albumn.

Everyone did have good guesses, since I have attended these guesses.

The Offspring
    NIN - I actually fell asleep, but A Perfect Circle was awesome as an opening band.
    KISS
    Curses Van. !!! Foiled again.. Never seen LIVE but they are a great band..Live live..Buffalo in Buffalo
    Ok guys, I've got my question now... hopefully it is a bit more difficult than my last couple of offerings. I'm going to stay with the concert theme.

So tell me, what was the last band I went to see live in concert? Here's a couple of hints, the band is around today with all the members from their best known line-ups, though they are best known for their 80's material. The concert was this year.

Bonus: If you can tell me the opening band, I'll be giving a couple extra cigars as a reward. No hints will be given, however, for the opening act.

And... GO!
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I have two ideas. Don't know if either one is correct but I'll give them a shot. SO my first guess is...

REO Speedwagon
    No dice Ron. You'd probably have a hard time giving me free tickets to an REO Speedwagon show.
    Van Halen?
    Nope, but you're slightly closer with that one.

Oh, and since I forgot to mention it, the standard one guess per person per day rule is in effect.
    just a quick note, I've slightly changed the question as I noticed I said "all original members" when in fact that is not true, I've amended it to "all the members of their best known line-ups".

Just wanted to clarify that, it really has no bearing on the answers thus far.

And with that, I suppose we're due for a clue. This band was formed in 1976 in London, England.
    OK, I will make my second guess.

Iron Maiden

I almost forgot the opening act, Lauren Harris (and Anthrax if you saw them in LA)
    Ron, you monster.... nobody was supposed to get that for a couple days :D

You made two guesses for the opening act.... I dunno about that.... Ahh, what the hell, I'll give it to ya.

Pm me your address so I can get a little something out to ya.
    PM Sent

I had to put 2 guesses in there though because Lauren Harris is touring with them and Anthrax did the 2 shows with them in LA. I hope it was a good concert. I hear Iron Maiden is great live.

Now I need to come up with a good game. Give me a day or two.