Home Non Cigar Related

Ro's question of the day.....

smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
I figured why not start a new thread that people may or may not read....I will try my best to post a new question of the day and feel free respond to the questions....but straight up don't try asking questions of your own in my freakin thread.....iight??

question....do you look both ways when crossing a one way street??

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Live motorcycle riders like myself habitually look both ways twice regardless. Dead ones I can't speak for.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Live motorcycle riders like myself habitually look both ways twice regardless. Dead ones I can't speak for.
    I agree....but how about when you are walking to cross a street..I should of made my question more clear...thanks!
  • e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Out of habit, you can't trust anyone these days.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely! My mama didn't raise no dummy.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah man. Plus I have kids. It's automatic.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Always. With people these days, I wouldn't be surprised if some asshat screams "YOLO" and runs you over.
    Has to be automatic...we have been trained since we were younger to look both ways!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Has to be automatic...we have been trained since we were younger to look both ways!
    Yup. It's an unconscious act. It would feel weird not to look both ways.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    smoke em if you got em:
    Yup. It's an unconscious act. It would feel weird not to look both ways.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Yup yup. Heck, I usually look three ways, including across coming towards me, to make sure some iTard isn't looking down at his/her phone about to walk into me.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    webmost:
    I agree....but how about when you are walking to cross a street..I should of made my question more clear...thanks!
    I unnerstoot yer quaschun. Jess can't remamber lass tyme I walkt acrosst a wunway streit. Seriously. Does not happen in my life. I suppose you have to live in a city to have it occur. Any time I see a one way street, I am aboard a bike, riding through the University, en route to Merryland. So I prolly shouldn't have answered at all. I recuse myself from this poll. Carry on.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on my mood. If it's a nice car coming then... NO.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Yup, live in a college town with lots of college kids, international students AND a high population of elderly. So between drunk students/professors, don't-you-know-who-I-am alumni/parents and older folks whose reactions are not what they used to be it's just wise not to assume everyone is obeying the street signs.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES! In small towns rules of the road are only for "outsiders".
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Not a lot of one way streets here, a couple of real short ones but we sneak down them anyways.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I work at Jacksonville International Airport and to get out of here in the afternoon, we all have to cross the "airport loop" which is a one way street. I rarely look right before crossing that street. Just asked a bunch of co-workers. Everyone said they don't look right either before crossing.

I think it's a little different in this street though because there is a lot of security and signs clearly marking which way people should be driving.

No if I'm downtown I'm definitely looking twice before crossing the street. I've accidentally driven down a one way street downtown before. It was the middle of the night though so it didn't really matter.
    What's your favorite cereal?

Mine is Cap n crunch..all day son!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    I work at Jacksonville International Airport and to get out of here in the afternoon, we all have to cross the "airport loop" which is a one way street. I rarely look right before crossing that street. Just asked a bunch of co-workers. Everyone said they don't look right either before crossing.

I think it's a little different in this street though because there is a lot of security and signs clearly marking which way people should be driving.

No if I'm downtown I'm definitely looking twice before crossing the street. I've accidentally driven down a one way street downtown before. It was the middle of the night though so it didn't really matter.
    OK we need to talk!!I live in Jacksonville!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite has all ways been cinnamon life.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:

Lucky Charms and Golden Grahams.
    Cinnamon Life or Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
    wwhwang:
    smoke em if you got em:

Lucky Charms and Golden Grahams.
    Very good choices....my 2nd and 3rd would be Trix and Cookie Crisp
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky Charms with Cap n Crunch a close second. Damn. Need to go to the store
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raisin bran crunch.... Not anymore tho!
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Raisin bran crunch.... Not anymore tho!
    Ditto ! Still love em !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Cracklin' oat bran if it's breakfast.
    Fruity Pebbles as a late night snack.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    KIXS and Rice Crispys!

Aj
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honey Bunches of Oats, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and good ol Honey Nut Cheerios (dry)
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    From way back in the day, TMNT cereal and C3PO's. Oh, and Kabooms.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.