Home General Discussion

Michigan members?

So aside from myself and sandman, anyone else out there from Michigan? We ought to get a herf together if there are any Michigan guys out there. I know Kuzi is about a 4 or 5 hour drive from the Detroit area, not sure if anyone else is even close.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im a bit closer than that... 3ish... maybe more if you go the speed limit.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    kuzi16:
    maybe more if you go the speed limit.
    but we're from Ohio...we know better!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    bbc020:
    kuzi16:
    maybe more if you go the speed limit.
    but we're from Ohio...we know better!
    Heh, I hate driving through Ohio. Low speed limits, and any cop who's an OSU fan is going to be a $%@# when he sees my Michigan plates. I'll keep my 70mph highways and cops who have better things to do than pull people over for going 5 over. Brandon, from what yahoo maps tells me, it's about 5 hours for you. That's quite a hike for a herf, lol. Same with Kuzi. If we could actually work it out, we have plenty of space here for visitors. :)
    yeah...It's definitely a haul from Southeast Ohio. I might be willing to do a 4 hour haul, but I would have to keep it in Ohio...not sure I could explain to my friends a reason to go to "that state up north" unless it was to see the buckeyes dismantle the wolverines again. JK
    bbc020:
    yeah...It's definitely a haul from Southeast Ohio. I might be willing to do a 4 hour haul, but I would have to keep it in Ohio...not sure I could explain to my friends a reason to go to "that state up north" unless it was to see the buckeyes dismantle the wolverines again. JK
    lol. Are you saying we should go to Kuzi's?
    TatuajeVI:
    bbc020:
    mi casa su casa. i have a fire pit and a grill. all is right with the world.
    TatuajeVI:
    bbc020:
    I'm sure Kuzi would be cool with this...but don't we have forum members in the northwestern parts of ohio. Toledo, or surrounding areas.
    guys, if you wanna plan something i can make it happen. if its very cold, the local B&M is a great place to smoke.

im 3 hours from detroit, and 2.5 from marietta if we wanna meet 15 minutes to the west....
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    kuzi16:
    guys, if you wanna plan something i can make it happen. if its very cold, the local B&M is a great place to smoke.

im 3 hours from detroit, and 2.5 from marietta if we wanna meet 15 minutes to the west....
    If TatuajeVI will let me hop in with him (how'd the oil change go w/ the dogs?) I''m down for a Herf and a few drinks and laughs. I need a little bit of a notice because my work schedule changes. We can actually smoke in most of the bars here or we also have a B&M that is cool to chill out at as well. I'm down for visitors and have plenty of space here too. Don't be afraid I'm no Wolverine because this is Spartan Country!!!
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:

If TatuajeVI will let me hop in with him (how'd the oil change go w/ the dogs?) I''m down for a Herf and a few drinks and laughs. I need a little bit of a notice because my work schedule changes. We can actually smoke in most of the bars here or we also have a B&M that is cool to chill out at as well. I'm down for visitors and have plenty of space here too. Don't be afraid I'm no Wolverine because this is Spartan Country!!!
    lol - sadly, both the Spartans and the Wolverines have gotten the crap beaten out of them this season, Tony.

Sandman and I could definitely share a ride down - I hope you like the dog hair in the passenger seat!
    well gentlemen, lets start talking dates. im sure a few of us have work obligations. the sooner we figure this out the better.
    TatuajeVI:
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:

lol - sadly, both the Spartans and the Wolverines have gotten the crap beaten out of them this season, Tony.

Sandman and I could definitely share a ride down - I hope you like the dog hair in the passenger seat!
    Ummm that would just be the Wolverines that got beaten badly. Spartans have held their own against some tough teams....and cut it close with some not so tough teams....rebuilding years but they are looking much better than they did in the past.
    I talked to Phil tonight and my schedule changes every month. With the holidays coming up it could be more difficult for me to get a chance to break away but I am down to try.
    ok... so dates after the holiday season.

i am on board with that.
    I can understand making in after the holidays. I swear every weekend seems to fill up so fast in Nov/Dec. January we can definitely work out.
    Ya I'm pretty well booked through Dec. already if I am not working during the weekends.
    i would think that any day AFTER feb 14th would be good for me. thats the end of the busy season at my restaurant.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I'm about 45 minutes south of cedar point in Sandusky, so about two hours from Detroit. Prolly the closest on the forums unless someone's not speaking up...
    bacon.jay:
    I'm about 45 minutes south of cedar point in Sandusky, so about two hours from Detroit. Prolly the closest on the forums unless someone's not speaking up...
    we are speaking of meeting in the akron area... you are more than welcome to show up. if i can get more than 10 people to go to my B&M i may be able to get a small discount there.
    kuzi16:
    bacon.jay:
    we are speaking of meeting in the akron area... you are more than welcome to show up. if i can get more than 10 people to go to my B&M i may be able to get a small discount there.
    In all likelihood, I will be coming up...maybe bringing a friend
    we still dont have an exact date. any thoughts?
    I'm down for whenever...as long as it is enough into the future that I can set it and plan around it
    My work dates are set usually a month in advance so I would need plenty of notice too. Looks like we might be going to 12 hour shifts so that might play part in it as well.
    the two of you(bbc and sandman) are the ones im most concerned about then. I know that some others may be affected by the way your job works. this is why im pressing for you guys to start throwing out dates. i only have to drive 15 minutes. im fairly flexible.
    So...after Feb 14th....I say Feb 27th. It's free for me right now.
    that is a saterday.

how does everyone else feel about that?
    I'm going to a new shift, new hours & will have a new boss the day after Christmas. They only let us know our days off a weeks in advance for the month. The nice thing is I might be on vacation. If you all set a date I will request it off. Sorry for being so uncertain about my schedule but many things are changing at work. Just glad I am working.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I'm farily flexible as well being only an hour or so away. Any good watering holes around there Kuz? I'm kinda partial to Fox and Hound and Bailey's English Pub as the help is normally pretty easy on the eyes. Although they do not allow smoking of course.

Either way, any weekend day is normally pretty good for me, just let Kuzi and I know when and we'll be there BBC and Sandman.

sweet. around me there are some good bars. im a big fan of 69 taps (though its a bit loud for me at times (must be getting old)) and im also a fan of the winking lizard. both have a very good beer selection.
  • I am from Auburn Hills so fairly close to detroit! I am totally down for a smoke... sucks living with anti smoking parents.

-Dave