Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Celebrity Pass For Cigars For Warriors

MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in Trades, Passes and Bombs
Rick and I were tossing around the idea of having a pass, seeing how it has been some time since we have had one. So after talking with Rick and Daniel I decided we should have a UHF sponsored Pass and who better to be the Ambassador of the pass then Dean Martin himself. Some of you will remember I set up a celebrity pass some time ago where I sent 5 cigars and a pic of Dino and each participant  in the pass took Dean with them where ever they went and took pictures with him. I think it turned out to be one of the best passes we had ever run.

So after running some ideas by Rick and Daniel I have decided to have UHF sponsor a celebrity pass with Dean Martin. However instead of the pass returning back to me it will end with Daniel.  Since he is the rep in his area for the CFW (Cigars For Warriors) he will take the 5 cigars and a cigar caddy case I am sending later on and auction them off at their next event.

The point of the auction is to raise money to help with the cost of shipping cigars to our troops. The winner of the auction not only gets the goodies but also a picture taken with the Ambassador himself Dean Martin. I am also thinking Dean will insist on having his picture taken with all those at the event. I decided to start the pass with good quality cigars and I encourage those that want in on the pass to put back the same quality of cigars. From the ones I chose I think the price point is between 6 and 9 bucks a stick. I have noticed with most passes they end up with a lot of Diesel, MOW and Gurkha to name just a few. 

I am banning at minimum those three brands, if you want in on this pass and feel that banning those three brands suck then this pass is not for you. This pass is not about bettering your stock but trying to have the best sticks that will bring the biggest amount at auction which translates better for our troops. Below are the sticks I have decided to go with

CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroom
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature
Macanudo Cru Royale
Oliva Series V 
Romeo y Julieta 1875 Bully

The rules are very simple:

1. You must be a member of UHF and or CCOM
2. You can take up to 3 cigars
3. Post pictures of your takes and put backs. If you are also a member on UHF please post your pictures there as well as here.
4. NO Diesel, MOW or Gurkha
5. Not sure about your choices for your put backs, then ask in the pass thread before moving the pass along.
6. Remember who this pass is for, our troops
7. Have Fun with where you take Dean
8. No adding extra sticks pass is going out in a small flat rate box to keep shipping costs down. 
9. Please make sure Dean makes it back in the pass when you send to the next in line.
10. Please do not forget to take pics of you and Dean and please post them for all to enjoy

I know this sounds like a lot of rules but really it isn’t. Daniel said they are having an event in a few months so once I get the date from him I will set the dead line for signing up for the pass. If you feel like you want to send cigars to our troops above the 5 in this pass then I encourage you to send them directly to Daniel.

Ok so sign up for our first UHF Celebrity Pass For the CFW is now open

UHF
Toombes
RCY Cigars
The Daddy Irish
Bacchus

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long do you keep Dean?
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    How long do you keep Dean?

I think the average time was something like a week. It depends on where you take him like bigharpoon took him camping so I imagine that took a week or so. Main thing is to have fun with him
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Always down for something new and interesting. In if you'll have me. Forgive my ignorance, but what's UHF?
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
    ejgorman said:
    Always down for something new and interesting. In if you'll have me. Forgive my ignorance, but what's UHF?
    Sure thing consider yourself in. UHF is short for uberhumidors forum which was started by myself and a few other brothers from here on ccom a couple years ago. Please make sure to PM me your shipping info.
    Celeb Pass list as of 6/24/14

UHF
    Toombes
    RCY Cigars
    The Irish Daddy
    Bacchus
    echambers 
    ejgorman
    Celeb Pass list as of 6/24/14

UHF
    Toombes
    RCY Cigars
    The Irish Daddy
    Bacchus
    echambers 
    ejgorman
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    MTuccelli said:
    ejgorman said:
    Sure thing consider yourself in. UHF is short for uberhumidors forum which was started by myself and a few other brothers from here on ccom a couple years ago. Please make sure to PM me your shipping info.
    PM sent. Thanks for having me!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could take part in this but really can't right now, damn.  I remember the last Dean Martin tour and thinking next time I have some places to bring him.  Was a newb then, now I'm just a boob.  Looking forward to watching this unfold and what adventures Dean is in for this time around
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be in if you will  have me. Maybe I'll take Dean when i go to work( it's always fun) in my studio and i can take him on a trip to Asheville.
    Wish I could take part in this but really can't right now, damn.  I remember the last Dean Martin tour and thinking next time I have some places to bring him.  Was a newb then, now I'm just a boob.  Looking forward to watching this unfold and what adventures Dean is in for this time around

Wow bro you sure you can't get in on this, I am sure you would really have some fun. If there is no way you can I understand maybe you can get in on the next one
    I'll be in if you will  have me. Maybe I'll take Dean when i go to work( it's always fun) in my studio and i can take him on a trip to Asheville.

Consider yourself in. I think I still have your shipping info from the mooch we did
    Celeb Pass list as of 6/25/14

UHF
    Toombes
    RCY Cigars
    The Irish Daddy
    Bacchus
    echambers 
    ejgorman
    First_Warrior
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Mikey,
    throw me into the mix bro!
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in also
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

MTuccelli said:

Wow bro you sure you can't get in on this, I am sure you would really have some fun. If there is no way you can I understand maybe you can get in on the next one
    Got permission from the boss, ahh I mean wife, I'm in.
    Bigshizza said:
    Hey Mikey,
    throw me into the mix bro!
    You got it Jim, I am sure Dean will enjoy his time with you
    Usaf06 said:
    I'm in also

Consider yourself in my friend please PM me with your shipping info. BY the way I see the usaf in your user name, you active?
    edited June 2015
    MTuccelli said:

Got permission from the boss, ahh I mean wife, I'm in.
    Good deal George please pass along my thanks to your smarter half.  You still at the same address where I sent the ****?
    Celeb Pass List as of 6/26/2015

UHF
    Toombes
    RCY Cigars
    The Irish Daddy
    Bacchus
    echambers
    ejgorman
    First_Warrior
    Bigshizza
    Usaf06
    The3Stogies

There is still plenty of time to get in on this.

edited June 2015
    MTuccelli said:
    Good deal George please pass along my thanks to your smarter half.  You still at the same address where I sent the ****?
    Yes sir, same addy.  My thanks to you for letting me in on this and my wife well, she's a big Deano fan too.  Add to that she said isn't that the Mike that you had me take the tird pic for?  Enough said.  
    edited June 2015
    Celeb Pass List as of 6/27/15

UHF
    Toombes
    RCY Cigars
    The Irish Daddy

Bacchus
    echambers
    ejgorman
    First_Warrior
    Bigshizza
    usaf06
    The3Stogies
    Lee.mcglynn

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, this sounds like fun. I'll join in on this. I'll need to be near the end of the list, as I'm about to have shoulder surgery and will be outta commission for a couple months (nowhere fun to take Dean during that time).  

Lemme know if I make the cut and where to send my addy. 

Thanks!
    Darrin
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    Ok, this sounds like fun. I'll join in on this. I'll need to be near the end of the list, as I'm about to have shoulder surgery and will be outta commission for a couple months (nowhere fun to take Dean during that time).  

Thanks!
    Darrin
    I think Dean would enjoy jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.
    skydiverD said:

Thanks!
    Darrin
    I think Dean would enjoy jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

LOL.  Depends on the timing.  I cannot jump again until Sept/October, depending on how my shoulder heals.  But yeah, I was thinking that also! 
    skydiverD said:

Thanks!
    Darrin
    You are in Darrin just PM me your shipping info
    Celeb Pass List as of 6/30/15

UHF
    Toombes
    RCY Cigars
    The Irish Daddy

Bacchus
    echambers
    ejgorman
    First_Warrior
    Bigshizza
    usaf06
    The3Stogies
    Lee.mcglynn
    skydiverD
    It's a list of pure awesomeness.  :D
    When will Dean begin his excellent adventure?  Got the spare bedroom ready for him, that's where I keep my humi's.

I was a newb when the first celebrity pass was going on and didn't take part so it's kind of a right of passage for me.  Not a list skydiver it's an itinerary lol.  Hope the surgery goes well.

Ok guys we are going to close signing upi for the pass on Sunday at 11:59pm PST. So there are a few more days to get in on this pass. Once signup has ended I will post a proposed list as far as order goes. Right now the last three in the pass will be skydiverD then RCY Cigars and then Toombes.

My plan is to start it off on the west coast and move east. Once I post the list I will give it a few days to allow for any changes in the order.
    Looking forward to it Mike, and thanks for coordinating this for us.