Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just smoked Cigar A today, not a bad stick at all. As soon as I lit it, I was pretty sure I had smoked one before. Slightly sweet with some cedar and coffee flavors, I am going to have to guess it is a 5 Vegas Limitada 09.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Well Tony, you're right on one count, you probably have smoked it before. Cigar A was an RP Sungrown.
  • Options
    Wow, I wasn't expecting that at all. I have only had one RP Sungrown before, and it was back in like February. I was sure that was a Limitada 09, I guess I need to smoke some more of those to get a better grasp on them, lol. I'm working on Cigar B now, its one I'm pretty sure I haven't had before.
  • Options
    Just got done with B, and I have no idea what it is, lol. It hit me as having a more "classic cigar" flavor, so maybe something from H. Upmann?
  • Options
    Nope, not Upmann. Cigar B is a La Herencia Cubana.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    j0z3r:
    Those are tasty :)

• Options
    So I just wanted to throw this out there, but I still haven't received any mystery cigars from Tat. I haven't seen him around lately either, has anyone else? Hopefully all is ok with him, and Tat if you read this, I hope you haven't forgotten about me buddy.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Never had one of those, it was pretty good though.

Almost done with Cigar C now, and I am almost certain I have had this cigar before, but I can't put my finger on what it is. Maybe something by Padilla, the 48 perhaps?
  • Options
    Is that your guess? Cigar C is actually a Cusano LXI Habano.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    So I just wanted to throw this out there, but I still haven't received any mystery cigars from Tat. I haven't seen him around lately either, has anyone else? Hopefully all is ok with him, and Tat if you read this, I hope you haven't forgotten about me buddy.
    I have noticed he is missing lately as well. Hopefully everything is alright, we had a little pass-a-thon going for a bit but I haven't heard from him in a while now...
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    ejenne87:
    j0z3r:
    I have noticed he is missing lately as well. Hopefully everything is alright, we had a little pass-a-thon going for a bit but I haven't heard from him in a while now...
    He hasn't responded to a pm sent about a week ago.
  • Options
    bbc020:
    ejenne87:
    j0z3r:
    He hasn't responded to a pm sent about a week ago.
    Maybe Tony knows something about whats been going on...?

Tony, where is your boy?!
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Hmmm, I actually never have had that one before, but it did taste very familiar. Either way, it was good, and my favorite of the three mystery sticks. Thanks again Joe, I appreciate it man.

And Tat is my boy? Lol, I haven't heard from him since I got a mooch package from him a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    And Tat is my boy? Lol, I haven't heard from him since I got a mooch package from him a couple of weeks ago.
    I was actualy refering to (Sandman). If my understanding is correct they served in the Army together.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    ejenne87:
    alienmisprint:
    I was actualy refering to (Sandman). If my understanding is correct they served in the Army together.
    Ya Tat & I served together in the Army. I talked to him the day before Thanksgiving. He had family in from out of town & before that he had computer problems. I will give him a call today & make sure he is OK. Once I know he is ok I will be sure to tell him to get his act together and get back on here.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    j0z3r:
    Hmmm, I actually never have had that one before, but it did taste very familiar. Either way, it was good, and my favorite of the three mystery sticks. Thanks again Joe, I appreciate it man.
    So Tony, did that last one smoke pretty good? I've tried the Cusano Sun Grown habano in two different sizes, toro and perfecto, and neither one smoked worth a damn...the draw was good but no smoke would come through, they just basically refused to burn.
  • Options
    It smoked okay. It didn't produce volumes of smoke, but enough to get the flavor on it and all. It really did taste familiar, I have been trying to figure out what it reminded me of.
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    After getting home from work today I arrived to Alien's mystery package, and after the day I had I was ready to tuck into Cigar A.

I the spirit of not embarrassing myself to bad, I'm not going to guess the exact dimensions, but will say it was a toro of some size. Went on to the balcony and punched the smoke, pre-light draw was nice and easy. first few puffs were familiar and a bit rough, but quickly transitioned into something I thought I hadn't smoked in the past. That quickly changed after the first 1/4, I'm quite certain I've smoked this one in the past. The rest of the smoke was great, smooth, creamy, lots of smoke. Slightly angled burn throughout the whole smoke but nothing unbearable. It burned fast and I smoked fast, it is damn cold out there! I'm going to attribute the opening roughness and fast burn to the fact it was in transit for two weeks and I smoked right out of the box. And now for my guess......

5 Vegas Classic
  • Options
    It was indeed a Toro, but it wasn't a 5 Vegas, it was an Oliva G Cameroon. Glad you liked it, can't wait to see what you guess for Cigar B and C....
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    It was indeed a Toro, but it wasn't a 5 Vegas, it was an Oliva G Cameroon. Glad you liked it, can't wait to see what you guess for Cigar B and C....
    Well that's good to hear. I've not had that smoke before and I think I may have one or two in the humi, that have been sitting for a while.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I juts got my mystery stick package from TheShaun and he included a little something extra AND a cigar spike which I have been wanting to try out! Thanks bro.
  • Options
    So um who wants to be my mystery mooch?
  • Options
    About to go and smoke cigar B. This thing smells amazing. Can't wait to taste it!
  • Options
    So tonight was cigar B from Alien. It had a dark wrapper and was a torpedo shape, a bit larger than a standard torpedo, I think. It had a great draw right up till half way, then got tight, but not much later it loosened up again and smoked great the rest of the way through. This cigar looked like it should have been very full and strong flavoured, but it was flavourful without being overpowering and had a medium, creamy finish. I have definitely not smoked this one before, but enjoyed it very much. I braved the cold weather to smoke it right down to the nub. I'm eager to find out what this smoke is, I'll have pick some up.

So after combing the the CCOM write ups, I'm going to have to guess.......

Alec Bradley Tempus
  • Options
    The Tempus is actually one of my favorite cigars, probably number 2. Cigar B, however, was not a Tempus. It was another cigar alot of people here on the forum love, the Graycliff 1666. I want to see what you guess for Cigar C, it is my favorite of the three I sent you.
  • Options
    Graycliff 1666. Yup, haven't had one of those. But I do have one in the bottom of my humi from my first month of COTM, will wait till the spring before I have that one!

This has been a fun experience so far, can't wait till C.
  • Options
    hey T-Shaun. Just had cigar A. I really enjoyed the heck out this stick. A 5 x 50 robusto with a light colored wrapper, perhaps a connie. Burned perfectly and had a great amount of sensuous, yes I said sensuous, smoke. Great mouth feel with a woodsy taste and a nice medium length finish with just a hint of pepper. Very smooth and creamy. Just right witha pre dinner cocktail after a hard weight lifting session. My first thought it was an Ashton Cuban Cabinet.
    Jeff
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    hey T-Shaun. Just had cigar A. I really enjoyed the heck out this stick. A 5 x 50 robusto with a light colored wrapper, perhaps a connie. Burned perfectly and had a great amount of sensuous, yes I said sensuous, smoke. Great mouth feel with a woodsy taste and a nice medium length finish with just a hint of pepper. Very smooth and creamy. Just right witha pre dinner cocktail after a hard weight lifting session. My first thought it was an Ashton Cuban Cabinet.
    Jeff
    Cigar A is one of my regulars. I really enjoy the smoothness and creaminess of the smoke, but it is not an Ashton Cuban Cabinet. Cigar A is a 5 Vegas Gold.
  • Options
    I got my pack from Tat. today. I might get to cigar A today, we'll see how it goes. Thanks Phil.
  • Options
    TheShaun:
    Jdorais:
    Jeff
    Cigar A is one of my regulars. I really enjoy the smoothness and creaminess of the smoke, but it is not an Ashton Cuban Cabinet. Cigar A is a 5 Vegas Gold.
    Really?!?! Wow the construction was great. All the golds I've had had crappy construction. I'll have to revisit these. I think I may try cigar C tonight after a xmas party, unless of course I'm way to hammered....