Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coffee

Comments

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome setup Peter, thanks for sharing!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your up early today sunshine
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice setup, Peter. Ever more hardcore! I haven't plumbed in the drain line yet as the machine has a pretty large drip tray that I empty every three days or so. Hasn't bugged me enough to plumb it yet. I'd still need to clean out the tray every few days anyway of the coffee residue. Do you roast a good comfort blend that works well as a cappuccino? Currently buying from places like Bodka, Blue Star, Vivace, Counter Culture.
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    I won't post a pic of my Mr Coffee (you're welcome :) ) but man that is some darn good coffee Peter. Thanks again man....  PS Nanc took half the Costa Rica home (lol why not right?)
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Your up early today sunshine
    Work... starts at 8am my time on Sunday-Tuesdays and Thursday-Fridays. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice setup, Peter. Ever more hardcore! I haven't plumbed in the drain line yet as the machine has a pretty large drip tray that I empty every three days or so. Hasn't bugged me enough to plumb it yet. I'd still need to clean out the tray every few days anyway of the coffee residue. Do you roast a good comfort blend that works well as a cappuccino? Currently buying from places like Bodka, Blue Star, Vivace, Counter Culture.
    I hear ya...  I get lazy, thinking "It's plumbed in" and then neglect the drip tray and it gets all gucked up.

Most of the stuff I do works very well in cappuccinos or lattes (I generally do only lattes, see below).  But off the top of my head, Bali Blue Moon, Flores, or the new Costa Rica that just arrived would be good places to start.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I hear ya...  I get lazy, thinking "It's plumbed in" and then neglect the drip tray and it gets all gucked up.

Most of the stuff I do works very well in cappuccinos or lattes (I generally do only lattes, see below).  But off the top of my head, Bali Blue Moon, Flores, or the new Costa Rica that just arrived would be good places to start.

Thanks, Peter! I'll give your website a look.
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this thread, many of you are way more hardcore about your coffe. my set up is really simple in comparison.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So bean man @peter4jc I finally grinded up some. Cheap grinder but it worked. It was a hit. Excellent for sure.

TYVM for the Coffee Gift in Chicago!!
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    So bean man @peter4jc I finally grinded up some. Cheap grinder but it worked. It was a hit. Excellent for sure.

TYVM for the Coffee Gift in Chicago!!
    Anything for you Mr. Miller!  <3
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had Peter ship a pound each of Ethiopian and Burundi coffee to my parents ahead of my holiday visit, excellent coffee, makes the visit much more enjoyable. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    A caffeinated Yak is a happy Yak.  :smiley:
  • Options
    Next best thing to smoking a cigar, which I won't be doing until I get home. 
  • Options

• Options
  • Options
    bump for @jlmarta ;

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    bump for @jlmarta ;
    Thanks, @jgibv, but I gotta claim some kinda foul. I did a search for a coffee thread and turned up none. So, is it me or this fershlugginer forum?  Huh??   :p
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    jgibv said:
    bump for @jlmarta ;
    Thanks, @jgibv, but I gotta claim some kinda foul. I did a search for a coffee thread and turned up none. So, is it me or this fershlugginer forum?  Huh??   :p
    You're welcome Marty.  Happy to help. 

I'm gonna assume the forum is going whacky again......we just can't have nice things around here!

• Options
    I won't rule out the possibility that it was me. But, hey, you guys are gonna get old some day, too. Then you'll know what I mean....  :#
  • Options
    Fresh Kenya for the morning cuppa 

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sumatra  Sumatra  Sumatra  Sumatra  Sumatra  Sumatra  Sumatra  Sumatra Sumatra   
  • Options
    ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Here's one for you coffee beans... Guess I've been feeling a little salty. Supposedly building cake in your cup minimizes caffeine headache and also takes the bitterness out.

http://www.navyhistory.org/2013/11/dont-wash-that-coffee-mug/

¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata
  • Options
    Don't get caffeine headaches.  Don't have to take the bitterness out if it's not in.  :)
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    Don't get caffeine headaches.  Don't have to take the bitterness out if it's not in.  :)
    You've obviously not had Navy coffee, then, have ya? :p
  • Options
    I recall a few times when someone would get a percolator going on a verboten hot plate in a paint locker somewhere and then get busy and forget about it for a few days. By that time, all that was left was a thick, tarry substance in the bottom of the pot. 

We'd scoop out a spoonful, put it in our mug, and pour hot water over it. Molto buono....
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    I recall a few times when someone would get a percolator going on a verboten hot plate in a paint locker somewhere and then get busy and forget about it for a few days. By that time, all that was left was a thick, tarry substance in the bottom of the pot. 

We'd scoop out a spoonful, put it in our mug, and pour hot water over it. Molto buono....
    You mean espresso? :D

Where were you assigned?