Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coffee

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call now, and have your credit card ready...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't miss this limited time offer....

Plus s&h. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ordered my 3 pounds worth
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mail in rebate included!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Albinfk said:
    But wait. If you act now we'll triple your order absolutely free. 
    just pay separate shipping and handling ($42)....
  • Options
    RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread forced me to order a few pounds from @peter4jc again. Peer pressure is a MFer.....

Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • Options

This thread forced me to order a few pounds from @peter4jc again. Peer pressure is a MFer.....

CAS = Coffee Aquisition Syndrome too, maybe?
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peter's coffee-of-the-month subscription makes a great gift.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started boycotting starbucks because of the way they treat Trump supporters and also because of their corporate politics.
    I now buy my Sumatra off eBay from a company called bluemacawcoffeeroasters. Even with shipping it is no higher in price, and the service is outstanding. 
  • Options
    Coffee burns if left on.
    I make my own, separate from what my wife calls coffee.
    When it is done I remove it from the burner.
    I can always nuke it to warm it up, or save it for iced coffee later in the day.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Back in the day, when my child bride and I used to make an 8-cup pot using our electric drip coffeemaker. Once it had all run through the filter, we'd turn the pot off and, like you, we'd just nuke a cup when we wanted one. It worked just fine. Lasted all day. But then......

Then came my discovery of premium, fresh-roasted coffee and the necessary accoutrements and the rest, as they say, is history.....  :p
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried calling Peter yesterday to ask him what the point of rinsing the filter before you add the grounds, but he did not answer.  So what why is that done, and when do coffee beans start to go stale?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your rinse the coffee filter to avoid the papery, astringent taste in the coffee and get rid of any paper dust from the manufacture of the filter.  If you rinse with hot water it will also preheat the carafe.

You'll notice the coffee go stale within two or three weeks roasting, freezing coffee can slow down staling process.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    I called you back two minutes after you called me, and figured you butt-dialed me.

Or did I?
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I tried calling Peter yesterday to ask him what the point of rinsing the filter before you add the grounds, but he did not answer.  So what why is that done, and when do coffee beans start to go stale?
    You can find lots of info on the interweb. Just sayin'.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patrick has his coffee guys on speed-dial, just saying. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    Can't whiten your teeth...
  • Options
    Only philanderers and politicians have white teeth anyways.

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy National Coffee Day!

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I don't know when I had my first cup of Sumatra but now it is all I drink.

• Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy National Coffee Day!

There's a code on the internet for free coffee from Peter's company!
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    JD, you like to find a good rut and stay in it, dontcha?  Nothin' wrong with that.

There is a difference between being in a rut and staying with what you prefer. 
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    peter4jc said:
    JD, you like to find a good rut and stay in it, dontcha?  Nothin' wrong with that.

There is a difference between being in a rut and staying with what you prefer. 
    That's why I said 'good rut'... my motto has always been to find a good rut and stay in it.