Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    also just enjoyed the Nub Maduro 464, I like the maduro and connie the best in the Nub line..
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    Had a hell of a day smoking yesterday. I won't run down the whole list, but the biggest highlights were the new La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Tabaqueros, which has two different blends in the cigar. The first segment was a decent smoke, but the second segment was actually fantastic. Great flavor and perfect burn! The next highlight of the day was a smoke I got from Gene in our Superbowl bet and it's one I've wanted to try for a LOOONNNG time! The LFD Cameroon Cabinet! DAMN!!!!!! This is a fantastic cigar and one that I will have to be sure and keep on hand in the humi! Just fantastic! The last two smokes of the night were all time favorites of mine, the Tatuaje Red Tubo, and the Fuente Anejo Shark! By the end of the day, and the end of a bottle of scotch and half a bottle of bourbon, I was pretty worn out, but it was a fantastic day!!!

Sounds like a good day to me , glad you enjoyed the LFD CC , those are one tasty smoke my brother. Did ya have to mention superbowl bet though ?!? That was just mean !!! Hahaha ...wait till this season.
    Haha, sorry bro, I know that's still a sore subject! I'm sure it won't go the same way this season, but I'm sure we will find some kind of rivalry! And I'll be looking forward to it!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    Had a hell of a day smoking yesterday. I won't run down the whole list, but the biggest highlights were the new La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Tabaqueros, which has two different blends in the cigar. The first segment was a decent smoke, but the second segment was actually fantastic. Great flavor and perfect burn! The next highlight of the day was a smoke I got from Gene in our Superbowl bet and it's one I've wanted to try for a LOOONNNG time! The LFD Cameroon Cabinet! DAMN!!!!!! This is a fantastic cigar and one that I will have to be sure and keep on hand in the humi! Just fantastic! The last two smokes of the night were all time favorites of mine, the Tatuaje Red Tubo, and the Fuente Anejo Shark! By the end of the day, and the end of a bottle of scotch and half a bottle of bourbon, I was pretty worn out, but it was a fantastic day!!!

Sounds like a good day to me , glad you enjoyed the LFD CC , those are one tasty smoke my brother. Did ya have to mention superbowl bet though ?!? That was just mean !!! Hahaha ...wait till this season.
    Haha, sorry bro, I know that's still a sore subject! I'm sure it won't go the same way this season, but I'm sure we will find some kind of rivalry! And I'll be looking forward to it!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Friday night on my way to get some Cluck-U wings I smoked a DPG Cuban Classic Robusto from the cotm club 6 months ago. Smoked well and had a nice taste. Burn and draw were great.

Saturday, I smoked a Padilla Miami Churchill also from the cotm club 6 months ago. This was a nice smoke. Even my g/f liked it! Good draw and burn. Also lasted over two hours!

Sunday on the way to my g/f's place I smoked a Forbidden X Lancero from 2004. It was an ok cigar. Not sure I like this size. The draw was a little tight and I had to do a few corrective lights because once I would ash one side would stop burning. Later that night during the fireworks I smoked a Gurkha Evil. It started out a little harsh but quickly got a lot better. Near the end, it would not stay lit. It could have been to moist due to the high humidity outside.

Yesterday, I smoked a Reposado '96. I'm gonna say that this was the connie wrapper. Now, this cigar suprised me. I thought it was going to be an ok smoke. It was actually pretty flavorful for a more mild cigar. I almost nubbed it.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had an RP Decade on the way in to work this morning..
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Hayblet:
    Alex Williams:
    cholmes8310:
    docbp87:
    Alex Williams:
    Alex Williams:
    Just had a la riqueza. Now a tat red tubo. After that I'll have a graycliff DE.
    only smoked the la riqueza. the lady friend came over and i placed the cigars back in the humi to be saved for another day.
    Good man.
    Whipped...
    No she's just hot!! She loves the smell of cigars. And the way my mouth tastes after I smoke ;)
    And yet you put the others back in the Humi.... your starting to worry me Alex... also pics or she's fake :P
    as of today.... no more lady friend... started off this morning with a cain f on an empty stomach and i think i felt a buzz but im not sure. also started drinkin wild turkey 101 at 11 today...
    Alex Williams:
    Hayblet:
    Alex Williams:
    cholmes8310:
    docbp87:
    Alex Williams:
    Alex Williams:
    Just had a la riqueza. Now a tat red tubo. After that I'll have a graycliff DE.
    only smoked the la riqueza. the lady friend came over and i placed the cigars back in the humi to be saved for another day.
    Good man.
    Whipped...
    No she's just hot!! She loves the smell of cigars. And the way my mouth tastes after I smoke ;)
    And yet you put the others back in the Humi.... your starting to worry me Alex... also pics or she's fake :P
    as of today.... no more lady friend... started off this morning with a cain f on an empty stomach and i think i felt a buzz but im not sure. also started drinkin wild turkey 101 at 11 today...
    aw man sorry to hear that Alex, I'll smoke on for you today!
  • bluezulubluezulu Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    My order of Nica Libre came in today. I can't wait to fire them up. The forum said these are great cigars for the cost, so Im going to put them to the test.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    bluezulu:
    My order of Nica Libre came in today. I can't wait to fire them up. The forum said these are great cigars for the cost, so Im going to put them to the test.

I had one of these tonight blue and it was great lots of leathery earthy notes in mine i can't wait to grab some more.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Nothing for me tonight. WAY too hot for smoking outside here in Boston!
  • bluezulubluezulu Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    Had one that had a blemish in shipping. Called c.com rep and she sent a replacement and told me to just try or throw away the defect. Fired it up and it was pretty good. Been a while since I had a box pressed cigar, I like them. Was a great smoke. Took a while into it for the smoke to get creamy but it did.
  • RippRipp Posts: 125
    Just finished a ccom Red Label. Not quite as good as the first one I smoked but I could not be happier with such a budget stick. Its good to know that no matter what the bank account says I can have a good smoke.
    Fired a 5 Vegas Relic on the way in this morning...
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Had a La Aurora 107 last night. The weather was perfect last night for smoking.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I think tonight I might smoke a RP Decade or MoW, haven't decided yet!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Can someone throw out a cigar for me to smoke tonight. I'm having a tough time trying to decide what to smoke. Thanks
    Sandman1am:
    Can someone throw out a cigar for me to smoke tonight. I'm having a tough time trying to decide what to smoke. Thanks
    RP Vintage 1990
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I actually just toasted the foot of a CAO Italia. My first one actually, hope I like it. Got it in the Sniper Karma bombs that went out couple weeks ago.

"Long ashes my friends."

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'm on the first third of a big Gran Habano 3 Siglos, pappa has the night off!
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Just smoked an Aurora 107 Robusto and now trying a Gurkh cuban legacy. Not a bad smoke for the price.
  • coronaex30coronaex30 Posts: 35
    I heard that harpoon my kids are in bed, time for a Churchill Champagne...ohh very tasty
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a La Diferencia Cubana....

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    rossdavey2:
    Just smoked an Aurora 107 Robusto and now trying a Gurkh cuban legacy. Not a bad smoke for the price.

How was the 107??

Had an H. Upmann No. 2 tonight, very nice stick, I have 1 more that I will let rest for a couple of years and revisit (I'm thinkin I'd like a box of these)....very similar to a Montecristo No. 2.....when I have this one again I'll have 1 of each and compare notes..
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fired up a Montecristo white.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

I'll be looking forward to it as well bro! Can you believe training camp is almost here already in a few weeks ...man time flies ...
    Just enjoyed a 5 Vegas Classic Corona, great smoke, just poor construction on this one, unraveled in the last third.. I'll chalk it up to the roller havin a bad day..
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Verdadaro Organic. Going light tonight.
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Just lit up a Xicar! Off on a good start!
    just lit up a Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne, sooo good