Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    zoom6zoom:
    Padilla Limitado Edicion Especial 2006. Tasty, and a nice long smoke for a lazy rainy afternoon.
    Yeah. Now we're talking. We should all have more afternoons like that.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    The Churchill Legend from my C.Com COTMC initial order. Wow that's a lot of cigar!
  • Options
    Gurkha Centurian for me. This was my 3rd, and this one was much more like the 2nd than the 1st: that is, it was excellent. The draw was fine when I cut it, but it plugged as soon as I lit it. A quick bit of work with a paperclip fixed that, though. After that, it drew perfectly right down to the end.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Unfortunately nada for me last night... I ended up getting called back to work for an emergency as soon as I stepped in the door.. Ended up being here late last night and now here I am again this morning... I'll just make up for it tonight and hit something high end... LOL
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Last night I hung out at the B&M for hours. First was a Cuvee Rouge, yummy. Then a La Aroma de Cuba ... eh, not so much.
  • Options
    rusirius:
    Unfortunately nada for me last night... I ended up getting called back to work for an emergency as soon as I stepped in the door.. Ended up being here late last night and now here I am again this morning... I'll just make up for it tonight and hit something high end
    You should also have a cigar.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    urbino:
    rusirius:
    Unfortunately nada for me last night... I ended up getting called back to work for an emergency as soon as I stepped in the door.. Ended up being here late last night and now here I am again this morning... I'll just make up for it tonight and hit something high end
    Hi-oh (queue the rim-shot)
  • Options
    Thanks, Ed.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Had a C.com Cuban Label last night. A steady cigar.
  • Options
    urbino:
    rusirius:
    Yeah, I was gonna roll it in a Blunt.... bwhahahha Stick out tongue [:P]
  • Options
    Well, I was gonna smoke something high end, but then once again the wife intercepted and talked me into having a Drew Estates Java... Was the first one I had, and all I gotta say is WOW... Up to this point every "flavored" cigar I've had was absolute crap... This thing was AWESOME... pretty full body and maduro wrapper... Of course the fact that the wifey got a bit turned on about 1/3 of the way through and ummm did things... Outside on our hammock none the less... well, maybe that biased my opinion a bit... LOL
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im sure that this is because coffee is one of the big flavors usually found in tobacco. infusing a cigar wth it just makes sence as far as a "good" infused cigar goes.
  • Options
    Yeah, the exactly... It wasn't like smoking a cigar with candy in your mouth or something... LOL... It was really a compliment to the tobacco rather than distracting from it. It really was just a hint anyway, not overpowering in any way... Wonder if Maddy has ever tried one of these? I'll put it this way, after I finished I was actually considering buying a box of these things!
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Tonight was a 601 Green Label - excellent cigar!  This afternoon was a Sosa Wavell. Tried to find for a long time - very good too. Reminded me of a Fuentes, who I believe is the maker.
  • Options
    wilbr11wilbr11 Posts: 49
    Tonight was my very first CAO Brazilia, Excellent cigar, lots and lots of creamy smoke and not a bad taste either. I fell in love with it to say the least. Now just pondering what to divulge myself with for the holiday.
  • Options
    idrivea9idrivea9 Posts: 44
    Just finished a CAO Bella Vanilla cigarillo. I was short on time tonight and it was just about enough to carry me thru the evening! :) Brian
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Last night was the Fonseca that was sent to me by the Capt. This was from the country of origin. A petite corona, it was a very fine cigar. the construction was rough but that is probably due to the size. The flavor was earthy and what I thought was leather and it kept me relaxed for a nice forty five minutes. I had a little trouble keeping it burning on its own near the end, but it is a cigar that I will remember for a long time.
  • Options
    I had a Graycliff Legend last night. First one I've had in a couple months. Excellent flavor again, but this one took a lot of maintenance to keep it unplugged and burning even.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    I'm about to step outside and have an illusion, have to work tonight so just tea with it.
  • Options
  • Options

kuzi16:
    what size?

The cg4, I really like the flavor with this one, but I have to say the 68 is prolly my favorite. 

• Options
    i hear that this cigar has a real difference in how strong the flavor is between sizes. the smaller rings are stronger (more wrapper) and the larger rings are more mild in flavor and also more mild in body. ive only had the cg4 so i cant tell for myself. my local shop started to carrly them so ill have to do a size comparison some time.
  • Options

kuzi16:
    i hear that this cigar has a real difference in how strong the flavor is between sizes. the smaller rings are stronger (more wrapper) and the larger rings are more mild in flavor and also more mild in body. ive only had the cg4 so i cant tell for myself. my local shop started to carrly them so ill have to do a size comparison some time.

The 68 is smaller and tends to be more on the stronger side, with pepper being the dominate flavor, which I like. I bought a sampler and have had the bigger sizes, really didn't like the larger sizes.

• Options
    the shop owner says the he actually likes them aged. this is against everything that i had ever heard about them before he told me this. I had heard form several sources that they are designed to be smoked ASAP. I see me buying about a dozen of this brand of all sizes and seeing what i like out of em... small, big, fresh, aged,.... whatever.
  • Options

kuzi16:
    the shop owner says the he actually likes them aged. this is against everything that i had ever heard about them before he told me this. I had heard form several sources that they are designed to be smoked ASAP. I see me buying about a dozen of this brand of all sizes and seeing what i like out of em... small, big, fresh, aged,.... whatever.

Yea I have heard that too. But I have read some posts by Dion the creator of the illusion brand and he stated that they are actually blended to last ten years. Now how true that is I don't know, doubt I'll ever have a box that will last that long. I have on the other hand bought two samplers of them at the same time. I like the cigars that I had aging for four months compared to the first sampler that I smoked after a month.

• Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Spent the day down at my buddy's place down on the creek. Had a 5 Vegas "A" mid-day, and another one after dinner.
  • Options
    Dammit. I knew this was going to happen. I just smoked my first La Aurora Cameroon 1495 -- sent to me by Scrambler in the MAW thread -- and loved it. It's a terrific little smoke. And, of course, they're discontinued, and I just spent a bundle on my boffo birthday order and it didn't include any of these.

O, Fate, why do you mock me so?
  • Options
    i hate it when that happens. im the same way with the El Cobres.

i might cry when i smoke my last one.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I flew from New Orleans to San Diego last night, spent this morning in Tijuana. I enjoyed a magnificent Romeo y Julieta Edicion Limitada 2005.

The cigar was fantastic and the service at the shop was excellent. They have a small bar in the store, with a limited selection of liquors. I asked about beer, the manager told me to hang on. 2 minutes later a waiter from a restaurant 2 doors over showed up to take my order, then delivered the beers in a bucket of ice and frequently checked on us to see if we needed more.

The cigar prices were what I expected, but the drinks were rediculously cheap, especially for the level of service. 4 bottles of Victoria and a glass of Tres Generaciones came to $14.00.
  • Options
    Now that's evacuating in style, Scramby!