Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Now that's evacuating in style, Scramby!
    Hell yeah!

I need to evacuate my Humidor... 150ct. and I'm already full... I got the COTMC on it's way and my buddy has a bead on some 1926's and some Opus X from a Cigar shop owner that owes him a favor...

If there was only a way to disperse of cigars quickly.... hmmmmmm.... oh well, I gues I'll just throw some of them out
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Just how big a favor does this shop owe him, Lassy? :)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Throw them out !!?? Fire is by far the more dignified way to dispense with them..
  • Options
    urbino:
    Just how big a favor does this shop owe him, Lassy? :)
    My buddy actually works for me, and long story short he has a rocky past (gangs, drugs etc.) and he is my car installation bay installer (I work at a Major Electronics Retailer) and the owner had some run-in with a local gang and he stepped in to make sure *** didn't go down

I didn't ask questions all I know is that there are some Padron 1926's and a box of Opus X on the way (GOD it's good to be the Boss!)
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    I didn't ask questions all I know is that there are some Padron 1926's and a box of Opus X on the way (GOD it's good to be the Boss!)
    Jesus Christ! A BOX of OpusX?
  • Options
    urbino:
    Lasabar:
    Jesus Christ! A BOX of OpusX?
    YESSIR!!! I can't pick the size or anything... but I believe it's the "A" the super "Goober" sized one but he said that he can get his hands on one (and not just a SINGLE coffin box)

My buddy doesn't smoke cigars but said a box of OpusX for around $215-300
    And that's coming from the Owner of the cigar shop here in milwaukee... Realistically I'll believe it when I see it, but a man can dream can't he?
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Hmmmm, what would it take to become Lasabar's new best friend?

I still have to get my hands on some Opus X sticks to try. I just purchased my first GOF last week but I'm letting it rest for a while. The local B&M had three left. I really want to try the Padron's too but just haven't been able to part with the $$$ yet.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Lasabar, if "Tagzone" means anything to you, we work for the same outfit... I work for Corporate ITS.

Tonight's gonna be another Padilla Limitado Edicion Especial 2006 (aka the "Obsidian"). I got a few of these in a sampler recently. Broke down today and ordered a box (yes, my first ever full box order) and a box of the 5 Vegas Limitada 2008's. Hey, it's only money, right? Plus included some nice freebies (5 Vegas and Padilla/Greycliff samplers for a total of 80 cigars. Good thing I got another free humi with my order! I think I can stop buying for a while. Wait... I told myself that a few weeks ago, too....
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    Lasabar, if "Tagzone" means anything to you, we work for the same outfit... I work for Corporate ITS.

Yup.... Tagzone, toolkit, Matrix, FMS, STS, ROS...

Nice to finally meet someone from the same cloth! (Although I'm retail, and you do IT) but still.... small world!
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Today were a couple of new cigars for me. Early was a Cusano 18 maduro. Tonight was a Perdomo Cameroon R. Highly recommend the Perdomo for the cameroon lovers in the crowd. Can catch some great deals on it since I understand it is either being discontinued or reformulated.
  • Options
    No thanks, pal. Don't want to fall in love with yet another soon-to-be-discontinued cigar. One heartbreak at a time, please.
  • Options
    Just had the 3 Siglos that Doody sent me. Those of you who've been praising this cigar so highly were right. It's very good. Call it a 9.
  • Options
    No review on this guy... but JESUS It's been about two weeks since I've smoked and I needed some serious stogie love!!!!

I had the "CI Legends Purple Label" that Rdnstn sent me... Great tasting and smooth!

This guy, like I said, was from Ron and was NOT reviewed, but I remember Smoothness and good flavor... Maybe I ought to pay attention to House Brands... I WANT a CI.COM Camaroon Label!!!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Lassy, you absolutely cannot go wrong with the ccom Cameroon label. If you were to buy a box and not like it, I'd purchase the remainders from you.
  • Options
    One note about the 3 Siglos: it's sneaky strong. Or maybe I just had an off night.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Lassy, you absolutely cannot go wrong with the ccom Cameroon label. If you were to buy a box and not like it, I'd purchase the remainders from you.
    I liked the CCOM cameroon label as well. Not as much as the red label, but it was good.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Quiet here tonight... I hope everyone's not stuck in holiday weekend traffic heading home!

Ended up my last night of vacation with a Man of War (compliments of Scrambler's PIF). Very hearty and robust. A size larger than the rubusto might have left me dizzy! Great smoke.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    Quiet here tonight... I hope everyone's not stuck in holiday weekend traffic heading home!

Ended up my last night of vacation with a Man of War (compliments of Scrambler's PIF). Very hearty and robust. A size larger than the rubusto might have left me dizzy! Great smoke.
    Hey zoom, I agree that the larger sizes of the Man O' War are real powerhouses. I had a Torpedo a few days ago and there was a huge difference between it and the robusto size I most often enjoy. These cigars seem like they are already aged, and the flavor was very, robust. A cigar that may not be fully appreciated by the novice smoker.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Had a RP summer selection today and it was excellent. Also enjoyed a Perdomo ESV 91 - imo one of the best smokes around!
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I had a Flor de Oliva Toro tonight.. This was a very bizarre experience. The stick had an extremely sweet, almost infused flavor off the initial several draws. I wasn't expecting this at all, and maybe it's just due to the fact I'm getting over a cold. The body was pretty mild, and the sweetness disappeared in the middle, but I got the occassional taste of sweetness here or there and it came back again closer to the end. What the heck was that? I usually lick the cap before I cut the cigar, and I noticed a very strong (almost Swisher Sweet) false flavor.

Despite all this, it was a very good cigar that had plenty of thick smoke and a perfect burn. It lasted forever for its size (80+ minutes for a 6x50). I need to have another one of these to find out if that sweetness was an anomaly (I got it at a B&M, but I'm going to include some more in a ccom order). Has anybody else experienced this with a Flor de Oliva? It completely caught me off guard. I have to clarify that it didn't have that sick candied Jolly-Rancher-On-Fire that a Swisher carries, but there definitely seemed to be something there beyond what could possibly be natural for tobacco.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    got to have a c.com brazilian by the fire tonight. now i need to sleep. ...the beer helped with that.
  • Options
    I've been wanting to try those for a while, Doody, so I'm reading your experience(s) closely. The sickly sweetness really surprises me, too. Things that make you go hmmmm...
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    got to have a c.com brazilian by the fire tonight. now i need to sleep. ...the beer helped with that.
    I think I still have a couple left from the box I bought, might have to look into getting some more. Great cigar for the price. I'm almost over my cold too so I can start sampling again. May have to try that Flor de Oliva just to see what is up.
  • Options
    ScionScion Posts: 20
    started off with a oliva v around lunch time and kicked back this evening with hoyo de monterrey excalibur - a great smoke. in short today was a great day...
  • Options
    Cuvee Rouge.

This is very mellow and CREAMY.
    I don't know how else to describe the smooth smoke taste.

At first light this was VERY creamy with just a hint of pepper, perhaps earthy and/or leathery.
    It didn't change much for flavors, it had good medium smoke. then towards the end it became peppery, but not nearly as peppery as most sticks.

Good burn, good ash. This was a good before pre-dinner smoke for me.
  • Options
    urbino:
    I've been wanting to try those for a while, Doody, so I'm reading your experience(s) closely. The sickly sweetness really surprises me, too. Things that make you go hmmmm...
    Apparently I was dead-on with my Swisher Sweets assessment. These do come with a sweetened Sumatra cap. There is also a Flor de Oliva maduro which does not have a sweetened cap. That's kind of a shame, because the smoke was very good by itself. For the price, this seems like a decent cigar for a tailgate, but it was not what I had expected to find when I sat down with it last night.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    a sweetened Sumatra cap
    There oughtta be a law: don't fruit the Sumatra. But it's just the cap, you say?
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    There oughtta be a law: don't fruit the Sumatra.
    Agreed
  • Options
    Just the cap... at least according to a few random things I found searching the web. I don't normally lick the entire cigar, so I couldn't say for certain it was just the cap, but from what I recall my experience was consistent. Further tasting might get a bit too Freudian for me.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I had an Olivia G the other night that had to be one of my favorite to date. Peppery, but not too much so, burned perfectly. I'd be iinterested to here how the G is compared to others in the Oliva series?