Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I'm in the mood for something mild that I haven't had before. I'm not sure I have anything in the humi that answers that description, though. Hmmmm...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I'm in the mood for something mild that I haven't had before. I'm not sure I have anything in the humi that answers that description, though. Hmmmm...
    Geez Urbi, you must have half a million cigars in your cigar warehouse by now and you can't find ONE mild one. How about those Black and Milds you were so fond of three months ago.
  • Options
    Mild, sure. I have some terrific mild or mild-medium cigars: Cusano 18 CC, R&J RR, Avo Domaine, Camacho '62, etc. But I've had them all before.

Actually, I just found a couple of 5 Vegas Limitada 2006 torpedos. Those are mild, right?
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm in the mood for a GOOD cameroon! I'm at work tonight but might smoke one tomorrow evening at the lake... I'm hitting my local shop on my way out of town tomorrow... Anyone have any ideas for a GREAT cameroon?
  • Options
    urbino:
    Mild, sure. I have some terrific mild or mild-medium cigars: Cusano 18 CC, R&J RR, Avo Domaine, Camacho '62, etc. But I've had them all before.

Actually, I just found a couple of 5 Vegas Limitada 2006 torpedos. Those are mild, right?
    Well, maybe more medium bodied than mild.. But, very smooth.. By the way, do you ever sleep at night.. Just going out for a smoke at what 1 or 2 in the morning ??
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    I'm in the mood for a GOOD cameroon! I'm at work tonight but might smoke one tomorrow evening at the lake... I'm hitting my local shop on my way out of town tomorrow... Anyone have any ideas for a GREAT cameroon?
    You can't go wrong with the CAO CX2, or if you can find it at your shop the La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet is most excellent.
  • Options
    You just had one last night, Puro -- the Hemingway. Others I've had: Don Carlos, Oliva G, La Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994, and the Nub Cameroon.

I found the CX2 more peppery than I really like, but lots of folks here love it.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    urbino:

Well, maybe more medium bodied than mild.. But, very smooth.. By the way, do you ever sleep at night.. Just going out for a smoke at what 1 or 2 in the morning ??
    My sleep -- like my puberty -- arrives later than normal.

I think the 5 Vegas may be the ticket.
  • Options
    Big DanBig Dan Posts: 69
    hmm well idk wat i should i have i only have 3 right now i think im gna hold onto those for a little while so i guess i wont b smoking til thursday but ill have a grip of new adventures to choose from by then
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    urbino:
    You just had one last night, Puro -- the Hemingway. Others I've had: Don Carlos, Oliva G, La Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994, and the Nub Cameroon.

I found the CX2 more peppery than I really like, but lots of folks here love it.
    I actually had that Hemingway about a week ago, just got around to posting about it last night though. I think I am going to pick up a coupld Oliva G's tomorrow. I've heard nothing but good things about them from everyone and I guess I'm going to cave and get a couple. Might pick up the La Flor Dominica too because I've had a few of their Ligeros and they were a great smoke!
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    You can't go wrong with the CAO CX2, or if you can find it at your shop the La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet is most excellent.
    Hey Joe, was it you that gave us all the thumbs up on the La Flor Dominica Cameroon Cabinet #1 about a month ago ? I picked up a fiver and am looking forward to trying one in about a week I read some more reviews online and it seems they are highly regarded among those who have tried them.. They came without cello, and without a band and look pretty simple. I will see how it turns out.
  • Options
    I dunno if Joe is who you were thinking of, but I do know he was kind enough to send me some of those for my b'day. I haven't smoked one yet, though, so I can't really add anything.
  • Options
    I ended up having a Camacho '62 perfecto. Terrific little smoke. Very sweet, very short. This may be my new favorite quick smoke.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I ended up having a Camacho '62 perfecto. Terrific little smoke. Very sweet, very short. This may be my new favorite quick smoke.
    it may just be me, but i never want a "quick smoke"

if i dont have time to smoke then i dont.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Lasabar:
    so I tucked in her and now I'm on the forum... (With beer of course)
    Fixed that for ya
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    Lasabar:
    so I tucked in her and now I'm on the forum... (With beer of course)
    Fixed that for ya
    HA!
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    it may just be me, but i never want a "quick smoke"

if i dont have time to smoke then i dont.
    I don't, generally, either. There are two exceptions: 1) sometimes I DO want a smoke even though I haven't got much time; 2) sometimes I want another cigar after smoking one, but two full-size cigars would be too much (or take too long).
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Well, the UPS man got a workout today. Not only did a nice order of cigars show up, so did my shiny new espresso machine. Here's a picture of the now complete "cigar bar" in my kitchen:
    Photobucket Image Hosting

Today's arriving cigars were:
    Man of War Torpedo (fiver)
    Drew Estate Natural Root Robusto (fiver)
    D. Pepin Garcia Serie JJ Maduro Robusto (ten pack)

Oliveros sampler, 5 each of:
    Oliveros 1927 Toro
    Oliveros LTD Belicoso Fino
    Oliveros XL/55 Double Maduro 6x55
    Oliveros XL/55 Double Corojo 6x55

since the theme of the day seems to be coffee, I think I'll go for one of the Roots tonight.

Oh yeah, the pistol is an 1896 Mauser "Broomhandle".
  • Options
    That's a sweet setup, zoom. Especially that incredibly handsome humi with all those semi-real drawers. :)

Also, I can't resist saying: the Root, the Root, the Root is on fire.
  • Options
    Thanks... not shown is the liquor under the counter! (so Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms are all covered). Eventually I'll get my custom humi built if I ever get the workshop cleaned out.. and find the time...
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    urbino:
    That's a sweet setup, zoom. Especially that incredibly handsome humi with all those semi-real drawers. :)

Also, I can't resist saying: the Root, the Root, the Root is on fire.
    Ohh god... you just had to go there.... ;)
  • Options
    Gold Bond Medicated powder...

I don't think I'm gonna sleep tonight... playing with the settings and drinking too much espresso. WIRED!
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    Photobucket Image Hosting
    What machine is that zoom? I've got a pretty decent pump (16-bar) machine that uses pods, but it looks pretty crappy compared to that one! Still makes a damn fine cup!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if i lived on my own thats what my kitchen would look like all the time... minus the coffee. not my cup of joe.

iduno... it could have more guns.
  • Options
    It's the Saeco Incanto Deluxe. MSRP about $1500. Which I would never pay. So when I found it for less than half price ($699), I jumped on it. The deal is good until 9/14.
    http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?whse=BC&topnav=&prodid=11236686&ec=BC-EC877-CatHome&pos=10&lang=en-US

it's 15 Bar but totally automated, fast as hell. Built in ceramic grinder, cleans itself, speaks nine languages.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Good god thats a lot of money. You know real Italian Espresso is made on a stove top with a very simple machine, that cost about $15.
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    It's the Saeco Incanto Deluxe. MSRP about $1500. Which I would never pay. So when I found it for less than half price ($699), I jumped on it. The deal is good until 9/14.
    http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?whse=BC&topnav=&prodid=11236686&ec=BC-EC877-CatHome&pos=10&lang=en-US
    Holy crap! That's awesome... Christ I paid almost $700 for mine (an Ascaso)... I'll admit the convenience of the ESE pods is pretty sweet, but with a friggin super-auto who cares! ;)
  • Options
    Yeah, and I've done it that way a long time. I'm getting lazy in my old age, now I push one button. Leaves me more time to smoke.

OK, the Root was fantastic! This was my first Drew Estates, I've never been big on the idea of infused sticks. The shaggy end lit very fast and burned great. Continuous clouds of copious smoke; rich flavors of coffee and cream. Only dropped ash once, and not until it was within half an inch of the band. Had to get out the roach clip for this one, smoked it down to under an inch. Definitely gonna add a full box to my next order. As Rachel, would say... Delish!
  • Options
    Smoked an Oliva G tonight... Think it must have been a bum stick or something... Just wasn't good at all... Not at all what I expected... Very "ashy" taste if that makes any sense... The entire time I felt like I was just licking an ash tray... No real distinguished flavor aside from ash... Not at all what I expected from a cameroon!
  • Options
    StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    Smoked a 5 vegas A tonight with a glass of the macallan 18 year scotch it was quite a tasty mix.