Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    kaspera79:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Had a Nica Libre this morning and a LHCOF.

Had a Nica Libre today... Much to my surprise, my last one. I went through forty of these this summer. Some I smoked, some I shared, all were enjoyed.
    The Nica Libre is a great smoke. The La Henrencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte on the other hand... meh. Doesn't seem unique or stand out in anyway.

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black pearl morado.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little something called Kurt's Blend a Xikar prototype when I visited their offices today.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    JdN Cabinetta serie and a JdN Celebracion. both very good.
  • RippRipp Posts: 125
    Right after the BORK Fantasy Football Draft better known as Ripp Kickin Some Ass... Smoked a Cohiba Red Dot. First one I have had and must say I thought it was going to be a little more full bodied but still it was an amazing smoke. I love the Cohiba Black and this stick was par for the course. Thanks Robbyras!
  • Had myself a DPG JJ Maduro on the balcony with the lady after dinner, enjoying the ocean breeze and the setting sun. Good smoke, great time.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    mrpillow:
    Had myself a DPG JJ Maduro on the balcony with the lady after dinner, enjoying the ocean breeze and the setting sun. Good smoke, great time.
    I love the JJ Maduro. It has a hint of something in it I've never tasted in a maduro cigar before but I can't put my finger on what it was. Fantastic smoke though.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    CCom Blue Label, didn't enjoy it as much as the Sun Grown or Brazilian Label....maybe it needed more rest??
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    on vacation and had a cohiba siglo iv as well as a FREAKn long intenso that i got from Todd-
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    RP '90
    Had a Perdomo2 Maduro. Clipped it and the cap just fell off, the cigar began to unravel.
    Luckily I recalled an article I read online about using chap stick as a temporary glue.
    It worked wonderfully and I was able to burn the stick without any issues.

• camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Been burning ISOM sticks all week:

• Mon: Cohiba Seleccion Reserva Torpedo from 2001
    • Tues: Hoyo Edicion Limitada Regalos 2007
    • Wed: San Cristobal de la Habana, El Morro from 2001
    • Thursday: R&J Tubo #2 from 2008
    • Friday: H. Upman Magnum 50, 2008

What a way to start College!!!!!! :O

• HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Had a Perdomo2 Maduro. Clipped it and the cap just fell off, the cigar began to unravel.
    Luckily I recalled an article I read online about using chap stick as a temporary glue.

did it taste like chapstick at any point? Might have to carry one around for said emergency
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:

did it taste like chapstick at any point? Might have to carry one around for said emergency
    Nope. Though I use burts bees... I can see it getting messed up if you use a flavored one.

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a Gurkha Centurian from my first Cigar of the Month Club over two years ago. This was really nice. Woody, coffee/coffee bean taste and aroma. Not much change in this almost two hour smoke but I'm not complaining. Once this perfecto got burning, it had a great draw, never got hot, held a nice ash. Perhaps my favorite Gurkha to date.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a RPD on the way home tonight...
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 vegas gold for me 2nite before I take the the wife out on the town!
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Cameroon Label and Corojo Label...think I liked the Corojo Label better of the both :)
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Indian Tabac Limited Reserve. It's the best mild $2 smoke I've ever had.
  • I had one of the new Diesel Unlimited in the 7x58 size. Wow what a stick!! This thing changed flavor profiles about 5 times. Lasted a little over 2 hours. Very peppery at first, then smoothed out and was calm, then the last 3 inches was full on kick your ass flavor and body! Started getting a pretty good buzz from it. Glad I ate prior to smoking this one! Was very good though and I had it right off the truck.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Im thinking I am going to break out a GOF tonight. As long as the rain holds off.
    Had a 5 Vegas Cask Strength this morning...
    Just had an Oliva V lancero, nice powerful stick....I have 20 of the torps enroute...
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    Guinness, Padilla 1932 robusto, and PENN STATE football!
    Continuing with the ISOM theme of the week, I had a
    Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios. Not enough age on this one, but still a FANTASTIC cigar. Could easily become one of my all time best cigars ever...given time to rest properly.

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Haven't been smoking anything since there's been a lot of arguing between my fiancee and I about finances. Thinking of breaking my hiatus with a Ruination, Gurkha Blue Steel, La Aroma de Cuba EE, or AF Hemingway.
    wwhwang:
    Haven't been smoking anything since there's been a lot of arguing between my fiancee and I about finances. Thinking of breaking my hiatus with a Ruination, Gurkha Blue Steel, La Aroma de Cuba EE, or AF Hemingway.
    Light them all up and ask her to join you for a taste testing, lol ;)

• so far I've had a RP 1999 Connecticut, a LHC OF, and a Ruination and it's only 13:30. About to light up a LFD Cameroon Cabinet #5 right now.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Last night it was a RP olde world, damn fine stick, wish i had more. Tonight was a soprano's robusto...... was not what I was hoping for.
    Had an Upmann No. 2...