Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• DHawkDHawk Posts: 45
    Had a NUB Connecticut this afternoon.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    A Patel Brothers torp ... I like a lot of RP stuff but this one just didn't do it tonight . Too earthy tasting sort of for lack of a better term. Tossed it at the half-way point. A damn shame too , no more than I'm getting to smoke latly because of work !
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Oh boy.... I had a Bday party for my girlfriends God Daughter and her dad gave me a flavored machine rolled cigar to smoke... Couldn't turn him down, but I had brought Perdomo Habanos, Rocky Sun Growns and Nica Libres in tow, but couldn't smoke them!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Got together and herfed with some of the guys today. My lineup: Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet #4, H. Upmann Magnum 50, LP9 Flying Pig, LFD Double Press. Ate a fish taco and a shrimp taco before the Upmann, perfect cigar to follow a hearty meal. Was a little less than impressed with the Flying Pig, flavor was great in the first half, but the second half started to lose steam and get bitter. Thanks again to Marty for the Pig, I'm glad I was able to try one.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Fuente Cuban Belicoso (regular line)
    JdN Cabinetta robo
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Bummer, didn't get a chance to burn one this evening, gonna have to make up for it tomorrow! And, of course on the Holiday on Monday too!

• lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Todays smokes, Cohiba Club (for breakfast), RYJ short churchhills, Cohiba VI, and finish the day with a AB Maxx. only one more day of CC on vacation.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Had a Davidoff Puro d'Oro Magnificos and CCom cuban Label...I don't know what happened, but I had an entire bag of sunflower seeds at work and it kind've messed em up when I went to smoke the cigars...like I couldn't taste them...figured the next day it would be okay and lit up the CCom and it still tasted weird...oh well, lesson learned I guess.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Had a Ccom brazilian and a Oliva O maduro lastnight. Both excellent.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    fired up a MOW this morning...
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Sat outside in the nice 52 degree weather and smoked a Nica Libre with my coffee. Its almost time to get another box of these. Oh well I guess its time to start cleaning out the garage. Now what to smoke while I clean.
    Just finished up a La Riqueza, nice stick...
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    so far today i've had a Ccom sungrown torp and a Pepin blue label exquisito.(like the generosos better)
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    out having my first cigar in a week, a LHC Oscuro Fuerte that I got off Mr. Green Machine at the SE herf
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    RyJ Viejo E

looks good. cant wait to fire it up in about 10 min
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far today, it's been a San Cristobal and an Aroma de Cuba.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Nub Cameroon
    After yesterday's "Cherry Flavoured Shlt-sicle" I opted for a Rocky Patel Sungrown on the Patio... Not bad for the first inch.... but Classic Rocky is present...
    Ended up going with a Cohiba Dominicana torp...
  • 5 Vegas Gold Maduro Torpedo
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Got together and herfed with some of the guys today. My lineup: Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet #4, H. Upmann Magnum 50, LP9 Flying Pig, LFD Double Press. Ate a fish taco and a shrimp taco before the Upmann, perfect cigar to follow a hearty meal. Was a little less than impressed with the Flying Pig, flavor was great in the first half, but the second half started to lose steam and get bitter. Thanks again to Marty for the Pig, I'm glad I was able to try one.
    thank goodness!! someone else who wasn't all that into the "flying" pig.
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Out under the car port right now with a Gurkha Micro-Batch, S-2 Torpedo, I am so glad we got that cold front, even if it did only get the temp down into the 80s, i can enjoy sticks better than when the heat index says 105-110 and don't have to time my smoking with B&M opening times, plus I can have a bevvy or two ;)

Numero Dos, decided to light up an Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso Maduro, an old favorite I've not had in a while, that has a very nice blackened maduro wrapper!

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    RyJ Viejo E

looks good. cant wait to fire it up in about 10 min
    very chocolate in flavor.

i found the finish to be very short though. it was good but a bit too short.
    also through the nose it was interesting.
    Lasabar:
    After yesterday's "Cherry Flavoured Shlt-sicle" I opted for a Rocky Patel Sungrown on the Patio... Not bad for the first inch.... but Classic Rocky is present...
    Hmmmmm... This cigar has aged well! It started out like every other Rocky... but has settled in very nicely...

Now, if Only I can go back in time 11 moths and buy a box... then I'd be SET! Good thing I still have two more left!
  • Ironworker63Ironworker63 Posts: 185
    I just finished a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 and as most of you know...it was awesome!!!
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Had kind of a **** day, so I went with an Avo LE10. Great stick. Very relaxing.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Smoking a Nub Maduro right now. It was bitter and harsh the first few minutes but mellowed out now to a smooth cocoa and chocolate. Not sure why it was harsh the first few minutes though, since my humi's been 68-70 rh for months.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Had a CCom Red Label and Macanudo...great smokes, except macanudo was kind've "bland." Very smooth though...
    Nick2021:
    Had a CCom Red Label and Macanudo...great smokes, except macanudo was kind've "bland." Very smooth though...
    You'll find quickly that Macanudo is bland as all hell :P It's great if it's your first cigar, but after that, it's like eating tofu without any sauce or seasonings...no taste at all.
    So either my palate's changed or it reset itself after not smoking for more than a week. The nub maduro had some very mellow cocoa and coffee flavors, but it's so subtle that I can barely pick them up. Looks like I won't be picking up any more Nub connies or maduros anymore.