Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• u may have just had a bad one bro! lol.....but tonight im having a camacho triple maduro....i have never seen cobalt blue smoke from a cigar like this....this is amazing.....if these ever go on sale, im in for a box in a heartbeat...this is amazing!
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Nick2021:
    Had a CCom Red Label and Macanudo...great smokes, except macanudo was kind've "bland." Very smooth though...
    You'll find quickly that Macanudo is bland as all hell :P It's great if it's your first cigar, but after that, it's like eating tofu without any sauce or seasonings...no taste at all.

Always my thought, but still have a few in my humi. Sorprising thing is whenever I have lit up a 'Mac' it's been surprisingly tasty!!!

Granted i like to age my 'gars, but from what i know, aging will mellow a profile not accentuate the differences, so all i can say is my paleete has developed to the point where i can appreciate the 'milder' bodied sticks along with my preferrence of medium to full / full

maybe my preference for fuller sticks has allowed me to appreciate the milder, lol, that's a trip!

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Lasabar:
    Lasabar:
    After yesterday's "Cherry Flavoured Shlt-sicle" I opted for a Rocky Patel Sungrown on the Patio... Not bad for the first inch.... but Classic Rocky is present...
    Hmmmmm... This cigar has aged well! It started out like every other Rocky... but has settled in very nicely...

Now, if Only I can go back in time 11 moths and buy a box... then I'd be SET! Good thing I still have two more left!

Call CCom, They are on sale right now.

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a LFD cameroon cab lancero this morning, nice stick would really like to try this one in a torp...
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    sausage eggs and hash browns for breakfast. big cup of coffee and a J. Fuego Delirium belicoso.
    just finished up an Olde world reserve corojo... wow this was an excellent smoke... gonna have to pick up a bunch of these.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Started off today with a fonseca serie f after breakfast at chipotle.at the Dulles airport now after having a sandwich at a lil french place I'm enjoying a man o war at the smoking lounge bar in the Denver airport.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Lasabar:
    Lasabar:
    After yesterday's "Cherry Flavoured Shlt-sicle" I opted for a Rocky Patel Sungrown on the Patio... Not bad for the first inch.... but Classic Rocky is present...
    Hmmmmm... This cigar has aged well! It started out like every other Rocky... but has settled in very nicely...

Now, if Only I can go back in time 11 moths and buy a box... then I'd be SET! Good thing I still have two more left!

Call CCom, They are on sale right now.

do I dare ask what the cherry sh!tsicle was?
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Had a JR Ultimate Maduro. These are from 2008 and they are smoking great! Sharp burn, no re-lights and smooth :)

finishing up the long weekend with a MOW ruination belicoso... back to work at 6am... i need to win the lottery.
  • I'm with you on the cabiguan guapo...had two of them one early one with several months...did not like them at all. Sure liking my diesel's. Look in the humidor push aside my padrons, tatuajes,la riquezas, and all the other good stuff and reach for a diesel.
    Had a RPD this evening...
  • Just had a Perdomo 10th Maduro. Rather impressive, more so than I was expecting. First Perdomo I have really enjoyed so far.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Had a Padron Magnum Maduro earlier today. Not bad, not great either. Man that's a long cigar. Later in the day after lunch I felt like something with a little more kick, so I went for a Ruination. Such a great smoke.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Nick2021:
    Had a CCom Red Label and Macanudo...great smokes, except macanudo was kind've "bland." Very smooth though...
    You'll find quickly that Macanudo is bland as all hell :P It's great if it's your first cigar, but after that, it's like eating tofu without any sauce or seasonings...no taste at all.
    I have one reply to that:Macanudo Vintage 1997, iirc Goldy sent me one and it was fantastic. I haven't been smoking for a long time, and I certainly wouldn't call myself an aficionado, but neither am I new to cigars and I enjoyed the hell out of that cigar. My two cents anyway.

Didn't have a cigar all day, was a bit burned out from the weekend, but I finally headed out with a Romeo y Julieta ISOM belicoso courtesy of Diamondog, fantastic cigar that started a bit slow but really started to gather steam after the first inch. Thanks Steve, really like this one.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    And here I thought Joe would post some obscure cigar none of us have ever heard of... way to dissapoint Sir!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hayblet:
    And here I thought Joe would post some obscure cigar none of us have ever heard of... way to dissapoint Sir!
    I'll be sure to try harder next time.Wink [;)] All kidding aside though, obscure cigars are nice to try, but more often than not I will go with something that has established itself as a solid smoke...some cigars are obscure for a good reason.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    It's time for a victory dance!! BSU's win over VT! I'm feeling like a UHC Diesel and a home brew. Have a great evening gents!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Tatuaje Havana VI Victorias (Lancero). THis may be my new favorite size in this line. Really powerful, and heavy flavors.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Jose L. Piedra
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Got released from work early last night, decided to fire up God of Fire Don Carlos 07, Joya De Nicaragua Antano, and rocky Patel Decade...all great smokes..the JDN blasted me with a ton of flavor, definitely need to get more!
  • Actually enjoyed a Graycliff 1666. After all the negative hype I have heard towards this one, both of mine have been sittin in the humi for over a year because I was afraid I would be posting in the "sticks that taste like goats a$$" thread...I was pleasently surprised, I thought It was very good!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Well, I had a RP 15th Anniv last night, my first. I really enjoyed it, it was actually a perfect cigar after my dinner. I will be getting more of these!

"Long ashes my friends."

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    ThinBluLine06:
    Actually enjoyed a Graycliff 1666. After all the negative hype I have heard towards this one, both of mine have been sittin in the humi for over a year because I was afraid I would be posting in the "sticks that taste like goats a$$" thread...I was pleasently surprised, I thought It was very good!
    no burn issues??

"Long ashes my friends."

Had an Upmann Mag 50 and a MOW this morning....
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Gurkha Empire series 2... my first smoke in 4 days.
    Got these bad boys on the DD this past spring and the rest has done them well.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    sancho panza double maduro.

though i am constantly happy with the flavor of this cigar the downfall is the construction. it seems like the cap is always cracking or falling off.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    kuzi16:

though i am constantly happy with the flavor of this cigar the downfall is the construction. it seems like the cap is always cracking or falling off.
    Yeah, my experience has been the same. Gotten a few plugs lately too. What size do you prefer? I really ike the Quixotes, but there's one or two I haven't tried yet.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Gonna jump on an Oliva Serie V Double Toro...I have a box that have been sitting in my cooleridor for about 13 months... Looking forward to it, I love these stiks.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    kuzi16:

Yeah, my experience has been the same. Gotten a few plugs lately too. What size do you prefer? I really ike the Quixotes, but there's one or two I haven't tried yet.
    usually i like the Cervantes. actually like the fuerte line better.