Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    had an Avo a little while ago love those.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Trying my first CAO Gold Maduro....been itching to try this one.
  • Had my first CAO gold maduro myself the other night....once funds are availible I will be pickin up a box.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Sounds like you enjoyed it then.
  • Yes very much so
  • 5 Vegas Classic
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Cusano Corojo 97. Pretty damn decent.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a MOW R tonight...
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Carillo Short Run, pretty darn tasty.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Had an oliva master blends 3 lastnight. Not impressed. Not much as far as flavor and the burn was aweful. Sat in the humi for over 2 months too. Oh well I still have the O and G.
  • Decided on an Oliva G maduro (torp) Wednesday night and was not dissappointed. Nice progression in flavors with the last third really hitting the spot.

Yesterday I tried my hand at smoking a turkey for the first time (Thanks Krieg for the help!) and had a Cain Maduro (torp) once the bird was settled in for the smoke. The cigar was fantastic (glad I have another one resting too) and the bird turned out pretty good, though I do have a few tweaks to make for next time.
    Had a MOW this morning...
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    doromath:
    Decided on an Oliva G maduro (torp) Wednesday night and was not dissappointed. Nice progression in flavors with the last third really hitting the spot.

Yesterday I tried my hand at smoking a turkey for the first time (Thanks Krieg for the help!) and had a Cain Maduro (torp) once the bird was settled in for the smoke. The cigar was fantastic (glad I have another one resting too) and the bird turned out pretty good, though I do have a few tweaks to make for next time.
    I like the G also, I have a couple in my humi I got from a bomb. However, the V is still my favorite! Glad to hear your turkey turned out well!

"Long ashes my friends."

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Krieg:
    hmmm...thinking about an Alec Bradley Tempus Centuria or...a nica libre! lol
    My vote is for the Tempus, but I'm a bit of an AB ****... Every blend like the Prensado and Family Blend they release, I become even more of a ****... When will the madness end.
    I can't wait to try the AB Tempus maduro.

"Long ashes my friends."

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Had a San Cristobal last night, always satisfying.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Finally!!! Third time's the charm. Thanks to Stephen Hannibal for giving me this Nica Libre. First two were complete duds. I love this stick now. Gonna have to get myself some more.
    I'd have to say there are at least 3 in my future for tonight. Airbender will be in there somewhere.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Finally!!! Third time's the charm. Thanks to Stephen Hannibal for giving me this Nica Libre. First two were complete duds. I love this stick now. Gonna have to get myself some more.
    1 out of 3 is a bad ratio...
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    wwhwang:
    See man, it's a good smoke.
    Ignore the Pheebs

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    wwhwang:
    1 out of 3 is a bad ratio...
    To be fair, the first two were the rare duds, I think. One tasted like it wasn't aged at all (bitter ammonia) and the second was plugged and the wrapper fell apart when I tried to free up the draw.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    lit up a Pinar P2000... Acrid... so now i'm smoking an Alec Bradley SCR robusto with 1 year on it... deliciousl
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LFD chisel. So far so good
    Had a Gurkha G5 Avenger, first time, great stick!
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Dug out a RP Fusion that has been sitting in the humi for almost a year now. Not bad.
    Well I ended up smokin 3 tonite. Sat in my bros hottub for 5 hours and smoked a.Ccom red robusto, 5 veg. Gold maduro churchhill, and a kristoff maduro robusto. All awesome sticks. My fav was the Ccom red. Awesome flavor. I was also drinkin rum the whole time so please excuse spelling errors. :) great night for sure!!!!
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Graycliff double espresso with a glass of blue label :D
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Smoked a NUB Cameroon last night, along with some CCom sungrowns the past couple of nights...weather has been nice.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    RP Vintage '90
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started with a ccom sun grown robusto OTT, good cigar now and I think they're going to be quite tasty with a few months on them, not bad for two bucks a pop. Finished off the day with a Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo El Martillo, excellent cigar and my preferred size for that line, looking forward to lighting up the corona tomorrow.
    Had a 5 Vegas Cask Strength this morning...