Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Had The Griffin's #300 Tubos Cigar. Really enjoyed it and the tubo was soft enough to put some tiny holes in and hold my beads! Just what I was looking for! :-)
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    ... San Cristobal Clasico ...
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    About to run to the Brewers Game and will be enjoying a Padilla Miami Robusto... Delicious!
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RP 92
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    SO far a Bolivar belicosos finos and a Diesel UC
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a ccom sungrown... what a sweet smoke. Loved it.

• Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    San Cristobal...mmmmm
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Torano 1959 Exodus
  • RP 92
  • RP Decade. My first one. What a great cigar.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Montecristo white. One of my favorites.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Had my first LFD Cameroon Cabinet. Not bad. I had a few burn issues, which I half expected with all the large veins in the wrapper. It was the first stick I've had that had a noticeable improvement in the second half over the first in both flavor and smoothness. I have 2 more that will rest for a bit longer before revisiting.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    ug dan:
    Torano 1959 Exodus
    Im having the exodus 50yr anniversary. Most impressed!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    About to run to the Brewers Game and will be enjoying a Padilla Miami Robusto... Delicious!
    Well, Trevor Hoffman had his 600th Save tonight, but I did not have a cigar tonight... Oh well
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Smoked a CCom Sun Grown...great smoke, especially for the price!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Cain F this morning...
  • Something! Hopefully two somethings...haven't had a smoke in a week, and that one had burn issues from the get-go (Life lesson: Don't by Cigars from head shops, just forego). Last good cigar was at the SE Herf.

But tonight I'll be at a concert on the lawn and taking advantage of their open smoking policy. Thinking Cain maduro or Oliva G maduro for at least one.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Tried a NUB Maduro last night, dunno....i just don't think I'm into NUBS, I got half way through it and it really heated up on me and started to taste awful...had to put it down.

"Long ashes my friends."

• HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Had my first ever candela wrapper - a Don Tomas toro - that i got last Christmas. Finally decided to give it a whirl, and I have to say that it will probably be my last candela.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    Had my first ever candela wrapper - a Don Tomas toro - that i got last Christmas. Finally decided to give it a whirl, and I have to say that it will probably be my last candela.
    why is that ?
    if its because it was too mild, try the camacho candela.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Last night I had a Padilla Obsidian that has been resting in the humi for about 2 years now and it was a great smoke. I know these get bashed on here a lot, but I've had several and never had any burn issues. It started out with a slightly tight draw, but opened up well about 1/3 into it and the flavor was consistently good throughout. The time in the humi did it wonders with the flavor.
    kuzi16:
    Heavy:
    why is that ?
    It was pretty mild, but I don't mind a mild stick as long as it has some nice flavors. I was expecting that 'grassy' flavor that people use to describe candelas to be strong on the front of the palate, but it was very subtle, so early on it wasn't too bad. But the more I smoked, the more I got this nasty 'vegetable' taste lingerining on the finish that got worse the longer i smoked it (don't know how else to describe it other than it wasn't pleasant to me).
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Heavy:
    kuzi16:
    Heavy:
    why is that ?
    It was pretty mild, but I don't mind a mild stick as long as it has some nice flavors. I was expecting that 'grassy' flavor that people use to describe candelas to be strong on the front of the palate, but it was very subtle, so early on it wasn't too bad. But the more I smoked, the more I got this nasty 'vegetable' taste lingerining on the finish that got worse the longer i smoked it (don't know how else to describe it other than it wasn't pleasant to me).
    I haven't had the Camacho, but Kuzi has recommended it to me before as well, but the Fuente 8-5-8 Candela is a damn good smoke.
    Well hell, maybe I threw out the baby with the bathwater. It probably was a little naive to judge all candelas based on a Don Tomas, but I'm still not sure I'd like the candela flavor profile. If I come across a Camacho or 8-5-8 I'll have to try it.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Thinking I'll either smoke an AF Hemingway, 5 Vegas Miami, or revisit the Nica Libre. What do you guys think?
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    wwhwang:
    Thinking I'll either smoke an AF Hemingway, 5 Vegas Miami, or revisit the Nica Libre. What do you guys think?
    Nica Libre...

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    wwhwang:

Hemi forever!!! :)
    wwhwang:
    Well, just to ensure that we are absolutely no help at all, I'll go ahead and vote for the 5Vegas Miami! lol (I was actually going to suggest that one anyway).
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I haven't been visiting this thread lately but today I had a La Estrela Habana Oscuro, a Ccom Sungrown, LHC, and a Cohiba ISOM
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    montecristo no. 2