Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    montecristo no. 2
    hate you right now... wish i was off work and i also wish i had a MONTECRISTO NO. 2!
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Just finished off a 601 red toro that was incredible. Still have 2 hrs till the lady gets home. Havent had 2 cigars in a row for a long time. So I just lit a MOW robusto. Whenever I go back to back the 2nd "always" tastes like cream coffee and not its usual flavor. Why is this? Its an awesome flavor but strange. Its happened many times.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Rob sent me a vegas AAA and I'm a 1/3 in and I can say that I am digging it. Must be because I'm a little hungry but I'm feeling a kick. I am loving the marshmallow taste though! Thanks to Rob for sending me this puppy. I hope it keeps it up.
    gaberox:
    Just finished off a 601 red toro that was incredible. Still have 2 hrs till the lady gets home. Havent had 2 cigars in a row for a long time. So I just lit a MOW robusto. Whenever I go back to back the 2nd "always" tastes like cream coffee and not its usual flavor. Why is this? Its an awesome flavor but strange. Its happened many times.
    I have yet to have the 601 red but I really like the blue label.
  • Ironworker63Ironworker63 Posts: 185
    I just finished off a Don Pepin Garcia "My Father #1" which is blended by his son, Jaime Garcia...this was a fantastic smoke!!! Dam near burned my fingers off!!!
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    phobicsquirrel:
    gaberox:

I have yet to have the 601 red but I really like the blue label.

The red is an underrated habano for sure. Woody and spicey with a nice sweetness. And a very unique floral flavor as well. A must try for habano lovers. Its a toss up for me between the red n blue depending on mood.

I know you smoke cigars back to back at times or at least seems you might after reading some of you posts. I guess you dont have the same experience I do. If I wait a few hrs in between it doesnt happen. Trying to figure this out lol.
    Hmm, not sure but I try to cleanse my pallet before I smoke another cigar. I try to move up in the spectrum but it's hard since I don't smoke a lot of mild cigars. I know when I did my MOW day, I almost ate an entire chocolate bar just to even out my mouth.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    SCCC No. 1 for review to be posted later tonight.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Had a la aurora barrel aged corona. Nice little smoke. Still a little new but I think I will really enjoy these once they get some age.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Finally got to have that Padilla Miami Robusto... just lit it... hopefully it does not disappoint!
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Fired up a Vegas 5 Gold Maduro. Not bad, think I'll let the rest a spell before trying one again.
    CAO Brazilia GOL!
    lcpleel:
    CAO Brazilia GOL!
    Actually FIFA has since bought out the CAO brands in reference to SOCCER due to the overwhelming popularity of the past World Cup... Therefore they own the rights to what you just said, you now owe them $500 for the infringement
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    La Traviatta, really good smoke. A good earth core with sweet notes of cedar and spice.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    La Traviatta, really good smoke. A good earth core with sweet notes of cedar and spice.
    cant wait for the maduro version.
    Lasabar:
    lcpleel:
    CAO Brazilia GOL!
    Actually FIFA has since bought out the CAO brands in reference to SOCCER due to the overwhelming popularity of the past World Cup... Therefore they own the rights to what you just said, you now owe them $500 for the infringement
    i wont tell if you dont tell....
  • Had a 5 Vegas Gold Maduro robusto tonight while typing up my bio lab report. Good smoke, I suspect it'll be excellent with a bit more age. Great medium, creamy sweet maduro. Good burn time too, almost and hour and a half.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Nica Libre, again.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    SCCC in the Robusto size. Good cigar.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a 5 Vegas 2k10 limitada...
    Illusione HL Lancero... MUCH better than my plugged Miami last night!
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    yesterday was just a Unlimited and a Camacho PE the Unlimited burned quite a long time (6 x 60) I would guess at least 1:30-2:00 very enjoyable for sitting in a warehouse over the weekend, should be awesome after it's acclimated.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    hmmm...thinking about an Alec Bradley Tempus Centuria or...a nica libre! lol

"Long ashes my friends."

Lasabar:
    Illusione HL Lancero... MUCH better than my plugged Miami last night!
    Just got done... over 1 and a half hours and boy was it tasty!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    My vote is for the Tempus, but I'm a bit of an AB ****... Every blend like the Prensado and Family Blend they release, I become even more of a ****... When will the madness end.
    PuroFreak:
    Krieg:
    My vote is for the Tempus, but I'm a bit of an AB ****... Every blend like the Prensado and Family Blend they release, I become even more of a ****... When will the madness end.
    A lot of whoring there. Hope you use protection.. ;-)
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Todays line up
    0600- RP Sungrown
    0900- LHC
    1210- RP Edge
    1500- Cu-avana Intenso
    man, your one man with a schedule.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Jesus, gypsy. I wanna herf with you lol
    no kidding. that was up to 3pm.