Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Started with a LFD DL 600, but it was so plugged I gave up and layed it down. Hated to do it. Then I lit up a Diesel Unlimited Belicoso. Nice stick. After that I had some time so I tried out the San Lotano Maduro. It was ok.
  • Options
    I absolutely hate it when you site down to enjoy a cigar only to be welcome by a plugged or tightly roll cigar. It is a good thing to go back to the humi and choose another.
  • Options
    Ninja1100:
    I absolutely hate it when you site down to enjoy a cigar only to be welcome by a plugged or tightly roll cigar. It is a good thing to go back to the humi and choose another.
    Yeah, I used to try and work through them, but it rarely works and I'm aggravated the whole time. That kind of defeats the entire purpose of having a cigar in the first place.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Started with an Ave Maria Crusader courtesy of a generous botl in Kaspera79, I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar even though it was fresh OTT. Early on I was presented with notes of cashew which is something I've never picked up before, very nice but utterly short lived, in the last third I was getting flavors of black tea that finished into anise. Nice complexity on the profile and superb balance. Finished off with a San Lotano maduro toro which I also enjoyed very much, I find trying to compare it with the habano exposes some shortcomings, but taken on its own it is a very nice cigar and a solid addition to the San Lotano line.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had an Oliva V torp tonight, just a great stick...
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm so glad to have this thread to read while I'm at work late at night! I'm craving a good smoke and a single malt so badly this week, but it helps to be able to get a fix through all you guys! lol THANKS EVERYONE!
  • Options
    Had a puros Indios Viejos tonight with a glass of Oban 14...the stick was actually pretty good for a budget cigar. Even had some plume on the cap haha
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    JohnnySlickster:
    Had a puros Indios Viejos tonight with a glass of Oban 14...the stick was actually pretty good for a budget cigar. Even had some plume on the cap haha
    MMMM Oban 14! my favorite right there!
  • Options
    Had a Diesel Unlimited this morning...
  • Options
    smoking a nub cameron
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Perdomo 10th Anniv. Champagne. Started tunneling on me where the band starts; no idea why my cigars have been doing this recently.

Since it's cold out (about 65F in Florida), I might go outside with a cup of hot chocolate and try a MOW Ruination
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Went to a NUB event last night, pretty lame turn out but it was fun anyways. I smoked a Cain NUB maduro which was too dry and a bit harsh. After that I had my first Oliva V maduro. This thing was absolutely fantastic! I was expecting a lot from this one, but it blew my mind! I bought a box of these last year so they have some pretty good time on them now, I guess I need to light one up very soon!
  • Options
    xmacro:
    Perdomo 10th Anniv. Champagne. Started tunneling on me where the band starts; no idea why my cigars have been doing this recently.

Since it's cold out (about 65F in Florida), I might go outside with a cup of hot chocolate and try a MOW Ruination

Can not go wrong with the Perdomo 10th Anniv, right now i am enjoying La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor. Good smoke but it will not reside in my Humi.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Had my first diesel and I'm hooked. What a great smoke.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Padilla Dominus with 6 months in my aging humidor. WOW. Time treats these suckers REALLLLLLY well. Leathery, spicy, and full of strong coffee notes. This is a full flavored, full bodied nuke.
  • Options
    Had a LFD Airbender Valiente tonight...
  • Options
    I had a 601 Green Osucuro! It had over a year in the humi and was TASTY!....Not great, but Tasty!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    Went to a NUB event last night, pretty lame turn out but it was fun anyways. I smoked a Cain NUB maduro which was too dry and a bit harsh. After that I had my first Oliva V maduro. This thing was absolutely fantastic! I was expecting a lot from this one, but it blew my mind! I bought a box of these last year so they have some pretty good time on them now, I guess I need to light one up very soon!
    The one you smoked last night, was it the new 2010? Or one of the older versions?
  • Options
    Had a Camacho Corojo Ltd this morning...
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Smoked my first Diesel unlimited last night. Loved it.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    xmacro:
    >Since it's cold out (about 65F in Florida), I might go outside with a cup of hot chocolate and try a MOW Ruination
    MOW Ruination and hot chocolate seem to go together very well; I really enjoyed pairing these 2 while reading some of my favorite books
  • Options
    xmacro:
    xmacro:
    >Since it's cold out (about 65F in Florida), I might go outside with a cup of hot chocolate and try a MOW Ruination
    MOW Ruination and hot chocolate seem to go together very well; I really enjoyed pairing these 2 while reading some of my favorite books
    Most kinds of things chocolate pair very well with that stick.
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    HOPEFULLY a man o war ruination. if not that then a cain f
  • Options
    Verdadero with a cup of coffee this morning. Perect morning combination.
  • Options
    First stick of the day, Ave Maria construction is flawless, plums of smoke, great draw. It is in the upper side of mellow a good morning smoke it might find its way in my Humi if I can get it for the right price.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    RP Decade Torpedo. This is a blend that, I think there will always be one of in my Humi.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    dbl post
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Ninja1100:
    First stick of the day, Ave Maria construction is flawless, plums of smoke, great draw. It is in the upper side of mellow a good morning smoke it might find its way in my Humi if I can get it for the right price.
    Was this fresh off the truck? I have some coming, and I don't know how long I will be willing to let them sit before trying one. Everyone is already into these things and I haven't tried one yet.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    Ninja1100:
    Was this fresh off the truck? I have some coming, and I don't know how long I will be willing to let them sit before trying one. Everyone is already into these things and I haven't tried one yet.
    I've had two OTT, and both were fantastic. I think some rest is only going to improve them.
  • Options
    ***Update*** Half way down the stick it sits into a nice Medium smoke, I guess I should smoke it down to the nub before reviewing.

Laker, Yep just received Friday so it is right from the truck, although aging will only enhance the experience IMHO it is good to go.