Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    I have fortunately found myself with 2 more Opus X Sharks. I believe they deserve to be smoked.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    BlueRings:
    I have fortunately found myself with 2 more Opus X Sharks. I believe they deserve to be smoked.
    If you need help with those just let me know! Sounds like a dangerous task brother! lol
  • Options
    jsbutcjsbutc Posts: 31
    I just finished smoking a Rocky Patel Edge my company commander gave me over a discussion on how to stay a tanker for the rest of my career. Great Cigar (first Rocky Patel I've had) and great conversation after a hectic day on patrol. I will be trying more of these as he recommended the Sun Grown so I will be giving those a try as soon as I can get my hands on a few.
  • Options
    having a la estrella cubana right now. Had these sitting for bout 6 months. think for a cheapo they are pretty good. They do need time to even out, but all in all good for the money after a little rest.

Last night was a LFD ligero. Great smoke.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Just finished a 5 Vegas Classic.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'm trying to pick my after dinner smoke and am having trouble deciding between a Davidoff Millenium or a My Father Le bijou 1922. It'll be one or the other.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently enjoying a AF Don Carlos #3 with about 1 year on it.
  • Options
    I had an EP Carillo Short Run today and I was impressed. I've wanted to try this one for a long time and picked one up at my B&M. Started off with an awesome cuban sandwich, then lit up the smoke! Good times!!
  • Options
    Smoked an Origen Original while taking a walk with my wife. It was a really nice little cigar, good oak flavor.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just finished up an AB Tempus...
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Ended up going with the Millenium Robusto. That is one phenomenal cigar.
  • Options
    Smoked a JDN Antano Gran Reserva. Fantastic smoke! Very full bodied and very full flavored! I am a big fan of the original Antano, and this one is much better. Nice to get a couple smokes in today on my first day off of the week!
  • Options
    Had an LFD airbender on the ride this morning...
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Had my first MOW Ruination last night (belicoso), which has been sitting in my humidor for ~8 months and I must say:

I love Ruination!

My sadness at waiting this long to try the blend is only tempered by the fact that I'm sure the age did it good. Going to pick up more so I can best rest and smoke these regularly.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    La Aurora 1494/1994 Cameroon tonight . Awsome smoke ... thanks j0z3r .
    Glad you're enjoying them Gene. I've kept my hands off the ones I have through sheer force of will, but I cannot wait to break the seal on a box. I suppose October isn't too far off yet, and they'll be at 3 years then.
    I got a few of those left but I can't remember when I got them. Since I know it wasn't in 2009 they have at least 2 years of age.
  • Options
    doromath:
    Had my first MOW Ruination last night (belicoso), which has been sitting in my humidor for ~8 months and I must say:

I love Ruination!

My sadness at waiting this long to try the blend is only tempered by the fact that I'm sure the age did it good. Going to pick up more so I can best rest and smoke these regularly.
    they are awesome for sure.. I had my first one a bit after I started getting serious about this hobby and really liked it but hadnt revisited it in a long time until last week (belicoso as well) and it was STILL an awesome smoke. I like coming back to a smoke and still think its really good.
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I had my first MOW Ruination tonight, have to say it was pretty smooth but I wasnt overly excited about it. Gonna let the others rest a bit and try again.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Had a Man O' War Virtue. DEE-RICIOUS!
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    wwhwang:
    Had a Man O' War Virtue. DEE-RICIOUS!
    Thanks Scoob! LOL.
  • Options
    Just finished up a 5 Vegas Triple A...
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Smoked a Gurkha Empire Series 2 with about a year on it... completely different cigar.
    On the ride home was a Tabac Baez Series H... I don't know how I feel about that cigar. I've heard it referred to as a budget smoke. Well it smokes like a 4 dollar cigar but costs twice as much.

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Just finished up a Aurora Barrel Aged gifted to me by my good pal bandyt09. Perfect size at 5.75 x 43 for the kind of weather here in Ohio. Started off with a big burst of pepper and settled down for quite a complex smoke.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    stephen_hannibal:
    Smoked a Gurkha Empire Series 2 with about a year on it... completely different cigar
    I grabbed one of those for yesterday but didn't get to it. Got mine in September of 09. Haven't had one since the first. I have only had 1 of each series except for I. I have had 2 of those. It was better than I remember and I have the same hopes for the others too.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    Just finished up a Aurora Barrel Aged gifted to me by my good pal bandyt09. Perfect size at 5.75 x 43 for the kind of weather here in Ohio. Started off with a big burst of pepper and settled down for quite a complex smoke.
    Absolutely love these. I felt it was a very overlooked cigar and now they're discontinued, so if you liked it, **** up as many as you can and stash them away.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Had a Padilla Miami that I got from stephen_hannibal, outstanding!
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I smoked a Gurkha Blue Steel and a Padilla Habano last night
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Smoked a Gurkha Empire Series 2 with about a year on it... completely different cigar
    I grabbed one of those for yesterday but didn't get to it. Got mine in September of 09. Haven't had one since the first. I have only had 1 of each series except for I. I have had 2 of those. It was better than I remember and I have the same hopes for the others too.

I think 4 and 6 are the best. Mine had 8 months on them.
  • Options
    Had a Diesel Unlimited this morning...
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Had a Diesel Unlimited this morning...
    Your like a truck... Diesel everyday.
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    Diamondog: