Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Wow! I have a new favorite. Tonight I had a Liga Privada Unico Serie Dirty Rat. If you haven't tried these. Put it on your list. Of course, I'm a noobie. With that saying, I don't think anyone will be disappointed with it...
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CCOM brazilian label thursday night, San Miguel Friday night..not sure what im gonna smoke tonight.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Had a Cubra Libre One toro which was ok. I liked the robusto a lot more. Followed that up with a Diesel Unlimited which was good as usual. Had a little Zaya with both courtesy of J0z3r. Thanks again for that Joe.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Ashton VSG (Virgin Sun Grown) - Smoooth
  • Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Smoked a Padilla Miami at 8 then a Diesel Shorty st 10:15
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    just finished a Liga privada T52 Flying Pig.... one heck of a smoke....
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Diesel Unlimited corona. Very nice but still a bit too young for me, I'm going to let all the other coronas rest a bit more before smoking.
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    opus x shark
  • Options
    5 Vegas Classic Torpedo. I've had this batch for about 18 months now, and they have not aged well. I'll have to remember to smoke these soon after I get them.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Litto Gomez Diez with Yeungling Lager under the warm Florida sky with some stars as the backdrop. Life is sure tough right now........
  • Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    5 Vegas Gold Robusto. Damn great cigar. I've had quite a few cigars now that were "highly rated" or had more hype, but this is still my favorite cigar. They are always smooth and I love the flavor. They just make me happy. I need to buy a box soon.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a MOW Puro this morning...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yesterday was a T52

last time i had one of those i was in Nicaragua having dinner with Matt Booth.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    Litto Gomez Diez with Yeungling Lager under the warm Florida sky with some stars as the backdrop. Life is sure tough right now........
    I love Yeungling, you can't get it in LA though.

Had a La Aurora Barrell Aged with about two years on it last night. Good (not great) smoke.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Yesterday evening I was finally able to get down and have a smoke for the first time in a week or so. Had a SCCC Fundadores (lancero). No beverage other than water and it was VERY tasty. Predominantly leather throughout the whole thing (as someone mentioned in Xmacrox's palate training threadh). It definitely helped me pinpoint the exact leather taste I get in cigars.
  • Options
    right now... MoW original

good stuff. i should age a few of these i bet they would mellow nicely.
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Smoked a MOW Ruination toro last night while watching Notre Dame break my heart... again.

Got an amazing nub-esque burn of that beauty. The first ash dropped at the 1/3rd mark, and the remaining ash held on for the rest of the smoke.

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Tried to smoke a La Aurora 107. Flavors were great for the first inch. Earth, cocoa, espresso, and cedar...then a windstorm kicked up and destroyed the burn over and over.
  • Options
    Just had a King Havano Oscuro and man, I LOVE that stick!
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Was finally able to sit down and enjoy a smoke at a local B&M saturday night with a few forum buddies that I've know forever, Suneet and Jiunn, and I lit up an old favorite, Gurkha Masters Select Perfecto, and a new Fonseca Arana Toro (I think) that I got from j0z3r. Thanks for letting me try these before I bought a bundle, Joe. The Gurkha was Solid, same as it always is, medium and enjoyable with some decent flavors to it.

The Arana was only ok. I have 2 left so I'm going to try it again, because it tasted pretty good but was MUCH more mild than I was expecting, with a Criollo Binder and Habano Wrapper. The Gurkha that I had before it seemed to completely overpower it and I wasn't able to taste much till I got about 1/2 way through the arana, which is unusual for a medium bodied gurkha to overpower anything. That being said what flavors I did get we're nice, so, I'm holding off on a verdict on the Arana till I get a few more in me on a fresh palate.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Had the MOW corona from the AJ Fernandez sampler.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Just had my first MOW Puro Authentico F&*#ing fantastic, I was expecting it to be a little stronger but still damn good
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    After the hockey game is over, I'm gonna settle in with a CAO Sopranos Boss while I finally get to watch the Sopranos series finale on NetFlix with a bucket of beers.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:

I was thinking the same thing. I still really like the original and I'm tempted to get the sampler tin of 5 original and 5 ruination to throw in the cooler and forget about for a few years.

I had the 601 black a little while ago. It was toasty on the palate and peppery thru the nose. Not too bad but lacking in 'wow' factor.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Tried to smoke a La Aurora 107. Flavors were great for the first inch. Earth, cocoa, espresso, and cedar...then a windstorm kicked up and destroyed the burn over and over.
    Which size was it? I do love that cigar!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    smoked a JdN Antano 1970 and a JdN Antano Dark Corojo
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    wwhwang:
    Which size was it? I do love that cigar!
    It was the toro. Unfortunately, it was my only one. Looks like I'll have to get a few more to make up for the wind.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Had a DPG JJ Maduro. Not a bad smoke, but just not enough going on with the flavor profile for me.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Had a Diesel Unlimited this morning...
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    kuzi16:

I was thinking the same thing. I still really like the original and I'm tempted to get the sampler tin of 5 original and 5 ruination to throw in the cooler and forget about for a few years.
    that there is a good idea.