Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    PuroFreak:
    wwhwang:
    Tried to smoke a La Aurora 107. Flavors were great for the first inch. Earth, cocoa, espresso, and cedar...then a windstorm kicked up and destroyed the burn over and over.
    Which size was it? I do love that cigar!
    It was the toro. Unfortunately, it was my only one. Looks like I'll have to get a few more to make up for the wind.
    I really want to try these as well. Hopefully your next experience you will be able enjoy the entire cigar, lol.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    San Lotano Habano
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I finally opened up my aj fernandez corona sampler, and I'm trying out the man o war right now. It's pretty tasty.
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    Enjoying a Padron 1964 on a sunny 80 degree Georgia day.
  • Options
    Enjoying a CCom Purple Label on a rainy, 40 degree Illinois day.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    I finally opened up my aj fernandez corona sampler, and I'm trying out the man o war right now. It's pretty tasty.

Had my Diesel from the AJ sampler.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Padilla '68 followed by my last MOW PA (REALLY hoping there's a good DD on these soon)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    Wait until you try the Ruination.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    Well, if my experience with the man o war is anything to go by, I'm guessing the strength of the Ruination corona will be through the roof. That man o war corona was the strongest man o war I've had. Almost to the point where I'd call it unbalanced. Great flavor, but I think I see why they went with more of a corona gorda for regular production than a straight corona. It's really cool to be able to try these.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Just started up a Cigar.com Sun Grown Label. Not bad.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoking a Nica Libre Potencia.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Pacman84:
    Smoking a Nica Libre Potencia.
    Updates man we need updates!!!!!

• Options
    Details please!
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my first potencia almost at the half way point. Pretty good smoke so far, I'm picking up some hints of chocolate in there. Good full bodied cigar IMO.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOW Puro....just finished another one of these bad boys...I need a roach clip...lol too good to put down. Might have to order a box for aging purposes, cuz this 1st box wont last long!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Camacho 1962. Pretty light-hearted smoke for Camacho, mostly just good tasting tobacco.
  • Options
    Cain Daytona #4 - great smoke. Thanks for choosing this size Joe, I never would've picked one in this liga, but I'm glad we did. I'm pretty sure these will be fantastic in a couple of months, I almost want to pick up a few more now.
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    T52 Flying Pig
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    ashton esg or an oliva v maduro. i haven't made up my mind yet
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    Well, if my experience with the man o war is anything to go by, I'm guessing the strength of the Ruination corona will be through the roof. That man o war corona was the strongest man o war I've had. Almost to the point where I'd call it unbalanced. Great flavor, but I think I see why they went with more of a corona gorda for regular production than a straight corona. It's really cool to be able to try these.
    I wouldn't say through the roof, but it's probably quite a bit stronger than any Ruination you've had so far, it was that way for me. Funny you should say that about the MoW, while it was considerably stronger than any MoW I've had, I didn't think it was too strong or unbalanced, I felt the strength worked well with the flavor...different palates though, so I'm sure for your palate what you say is right on. I really liked them both and would love to see both in the 5x42 format.

Started off with a MoW Puro, great smoke, the shine isn't wearing off yet. Later was a San Lotano maduro toro courtesy of boydmcgowan, really enjoyed that one, thanks Boyd. Lastly, I had a Punch churchill, from Havana, that was gifted to me by one of the Socal herf guys...I'd like to say a lot of good things about it, but fact of the matter is that it was decent and no more, I think it could have used a few years, but even then I can't say how good or not good it would have been then...oh well, maybe I'll get some one of these days and put them down for a long sleep.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Sitting on the front porch with a Nica Libre along with a glass of Effin Vodka! Great way to cap off my weekend. Luckily its just a 2 day work week for me before 5 days off for my 30th b-day! Looking forward to next weekend!
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying a calle ocho right now. Had some snow crab, shrimp and crawfish is a Cajun style dinner followed by this earthy, chocolate flavored stick. Yumm.
  • Options
    muddled through a Perdomo Lot 23 Natural torp (no wow factor), then thoroughly enjoyed an Oliva G maduro torp after dinner.

• Options
    alienmisprint:
    Cain Daytona #4 - great smoke. Thanks for choosing this size Joe, I never would've picked one in this liga, but I'm glad we did. I'm pretty sure these will be fantastic in a couple of months, I almost want to pick up a few more now.
    Good smoke Tony!! I'm jealous of your for getting in on that box split!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    drpepperdude:
    muddled through a Perdomo Lot 23 Natural torp (no wow factor), then thoroughly enjoyed an Oliva G maduro torp after dinner.

Try the robusto size, love them. Made the mistake of not paying attention and bought a whole box. Wanted the maduro wrapper and got the natural. Not disappointed with it, nice little spicy stick. Robusto size....
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Diesel UHC...
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    Good smoke Tony!! I'm jealous of your for getting in on that box split!
    I'm jealous of me too, lol.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    right now i am in the process of reviewing the Cain F Lancero. i am about an inch in.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Sitting on the front porch with a Nica Libre along with a glass of Effin Vodka! Great way to cap off my weekend. Luckily its just a 2 day work week for me before 5 days off for my 30th b-day! Looking forward to next weekend!
    Happy b day puro. I have one more year before that big 3-0. Hope it's a good party
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    PuroFreak:
    Happy b day puro. I have one more year before that big 3-0. Hope it's a good party
    Thanks, ya damn youngen. lol