Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I wouldn't say through the roof, but it's probably quite a bit stronger than any Ruination you've had so far, it was that way for me. Funny you should say that about the MoW, while it was considerably stronger than any MoW I've had, I didn't think it was too strong or unbalanced, I felt the strength worked well with the flavor...different palates though, so I'm sure for your palate what you say is right on. I really liked them both and would love to see both in the 5x42 format.
    It wasn't too strong, but it just didn't feel right. It wasn't a matter of strength, but harshness. I don't know if that makes sense. I do think it was good, but not something I'd go out and buy a bunch more of. That size vitola really has an uphill battle with me. I should smoke another one and pick it apart more.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    I wouldn't say through the roof, but it's probably quite a bit stronger than any Ruination you've had so far, it was that way for me. Funny you should say that about the MoW, while it was considerably stronger than any MoW I've had, I didn't think it was too strong or unbalanced, I felt the strength worked well with the flavor...different palates though, so I'm sure for your palate what you say is right on. I really liked them both and would love to see both in the 5x42 format.
    It wasn't too strong, but it just didn't feel right. It wasn't a matter of strength, but harshness. I don't know if that makes sense. I do think it was good, but not something I'd go out and buy a bunch more of. That size vitola really has an uphill battle with me. I should smoke another one and pick it apart more.
    the corona vitola has a learning curve especially if you have been smoking 50+ on the regular. just remember to slow down and be gentle on the pull.
    try the -1,2,3 method of smoking with them as well. itll help keep it cool and clear for you.

-1,2,3 is where you softly purge(-1) then take a very small light draw(2), then a longer but still soft full on draw(3).
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Ok, gotcha. I misunderstood what you were saying then.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Diesel Unlimited d7. Spiciness drops off considerably after a month or two in the humi and these things get smoother and smoother with age, which is much to my liking :)
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Hoyo de Monterrey Regalos, 2007. These are getting better and better as they get older.....just like me!

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOW Virtue
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Opus X robusto...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Smoked a DC 30th 2007 on Tuesday night as a little celebration for getting a new car. The burn and draw were near perfect with this light gray thick ash. Nothing like a regular DC more Opus Xish but tamer in my opinion. Can't wait to see what another year does to this blend. I actually have a few from 2006 too but haven't touched them yet.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    last night smoked a JdN Fuerte series b and a Jdn Celebracion
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    I'm going to try out one of these 11-year-old Cruzeros lanceros from last weeks deal on the sister site. I really hope theres some good mild creaminess to these.
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Only smoked robustos the last while. Think I will try something a little bigger tonight. Maybe a D6 or Armada.
  • Options
    MarmicoMarmico Posts: 93
    So, I'm a little late on this, but on SATURDAY night, the 19th, I had a fantastic Padron 2000 while watching lightning strike less than a 1/4 mile from my porch 3 times in a row. That was one damn good experience!
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Gosh, I have been thinking on this all day....it's supposed to get really cold tonite, a break from the warmer weather we have been getting here. So that may mean garagae time and possibly a Padron "lil Hammer" Maduro.....had one on hold for a while. Time to burn that sucker...
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Puffing on a Siglo Limited Reserve maduro.
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Camacho Corojo 8/22 loving it.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Padron Delicias Maduro right now. Great little cigar!
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    5 Vegas Classic

Last time I smoked one of these, I put it on the "Tastes like Goats ass" thread; it was just that bad. Now my second attempts is with a vitola that looks to be about 7x50 - it's not one of my favorites, but for the price it's amazing; definitely wouldn't turn my nose up at a few fivers on the DD

• Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOW Puro.
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    Davidoff Puro d'Oro Sublimes
  • Options
    Morro Castle belicoso earlier. Followed that up with a Camacho Diploma and an Arrogant B@stard. I'm spent.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Yesterday was a good day: started off with a TTT and washed it down with my first MOW Armada.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    JDN Dark Corojo this morning...
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    JDN Dark Corojo this morning...
    Holy moly Steve, I love me some Dark Corojo, but I don't think I could stomach one in the morning.
  • Options
    Enjoying my first San Cristobal.
  • Options
    y2pascoe:
    Which is being cut real short because my girl is apparently sick as a dog and requires my presence immediately.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    My first unpleasant Don Tom
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte Belicoso, enjoyed it alot.

Photobucket
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    y2pascoe:
    Which is being cut real short because my girl is apparently sick as a dog and requires my presence immediately.
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! That's such a good smoke!!!

Today I got in a CAO VR, quite tasty. I can't wait to get a little more age on these and try them later this summer. Thanks Dowjr1!
  • Options
    willso7willso7 Posts: 156
    Padilla habano churchill right now :)
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Doing a little landscaping project out back and enjoyed a La Herancia Cubana corona from the special sampler from a few weeks ago. Nice smoke. I'm glad I have another one so I can pay more attention to it next time.