Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Mi barrio el forro. Never seen a cello so dark. tasty so far but not through the first third yet!
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    My first MOW Ruination and a Padilla EL 2010
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st up man o war torpedo
  • Casa Magna Colorado Robusto
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    dbeckom:
    MOW Puro Authentico- something is not right, the last 2 of these have tasted different, and the ash is really dark colored...almost black. Anyone else have one like this?
    Sounds like you got some bum sticks...better send them to me for proper disposal.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oliva MBIII. Following a nice fillet, it was as good as usual.
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Viaje VPR starting to settle down into a great smoke. These will be brilliant in a year or so.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    dbeckom:
    MOW Puro Authentico- something is not right, the last 2 of these have tasted different, and the ash is really dark colored...almost black. Anyone else have one like this?
    Sounds like you got some bum sticks...better send them to me for proper disposal.
    Joe, I don't think you'd be too happy with these! I only have one more outta that batch. I just cracked open a new box...gonna try one out of it tomorrow and see if they're different.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    dbeckom:
    j0z3r:
    dbeckom:
    Joe, I don't think you'd be too happy with these! I only have one more outta that batch. I just cracked open a new box...gonna try one out of it tomorrow and see if they're different.
    Good luck. I'll tell ya, out of the 50 or so that I've smoked, there hasn't been an off one yet. These are amazingly consistent.
    j0z3r:
    dbeckom:
    j0z3r:
    dbeckom:
    Good luck. I'll tell ya, out of the 50 or so that I've smoked, there hasn't been an off one yet. These are amazingly consistent.
    I've had about 20 without issue before the last two! The really dark ash on those two tells me something is off in the mix...all the others have burned with a light gray ash.

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    dbeckom:
    j0z3r:
    dbeckom:
    j0z3r:
    dbeckom:
    I've had about 20 without issue before the last two! The really dark ash on those two tells me something is off in the mix...all the others have burned with a light gray ash.
    The 1st one I had was like that, but I still got a box because others raved about it. Glad I did. Smoking one right now and love it. Can't wait to see how they do with some age.
    next up a lfd cabinet oscuro L 500
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Pinar del Rio Habano Sungrown, easily one of the best affordable cigars on the market in my opinion.
    Next up, a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    Hey DB Just curious what batch/date does the sticker say on the bottom of the box
    The Kid:
    dbeckom:
    Hey DB Just curious what batch/date does the sticker say on the bottom of the box
    Those came in samplers from the DD a couple months ago.

• RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Rocky Patel Sun Grown Torpedo.
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Having a Tatuaje Havana VI artistas with a Sierra Nevada IPA and they complement one another perfectly.
    drinking a st. bernardus abt 12 belgian abbey ale with my lfd and its delicious!,l ,and strong as a muth ,lol
    jj20030:
    drinking a st. bernardus abt 12 belgian abbey ale with my lfd and its delicious!,l ,and strong as a muth ,lol
    Ummm....how many have you had Jimmy?

• Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Today my order from CCom. came in so I am having a LHC Core Robusto with a pour of Bulleit Rye. These sticks are amazing with a great taste, smooth draw and even burn. I lit one up ROTT and was in heaven. You guys are right AJ is the Man.

I have tried MoW and now LHC. Next up will be Diesel. AJ's sticks have knocked Gurhka from the top spot down to third or fourth. In fact I may never order a Gurhka again.

I love this site.
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    I'm having my first Cohiba "red dot". Meh. Kind of boring and I'm learning that I don't like cameroon wrappers that much. Won't ever buy one and would only smoke one if it was a gift and the giver was smoking with me. So many better cigars out there IMO.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Liga Privada T52 Belicoso... It's been only about 1.8 months in my Humi from the B&M.... But I just couldn't wait!
  • MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    Started with a San Lotano Habano, and finishing with a MOW Puro Authentico with my harmonica and some blues :)
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    MonteWhite:
    Started with a San Lotano Habano, and finishing with a MOW Puro Authentico with my harmonica and some blues :)
    I've got mine resting, but I don't think I'd sing the "Blues" after a MOW PA!!!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    a Capoeira toro. pretty freaking good.
  • MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    Lasabar:
    MonteWhite:
    Haha, there's nothing better than a great cigar and some blues!
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    MonteWhite:
    Lasabar:
    MonteWhite:
    Haha, there's nothing better than a great cigar and some blues!
    +1
  • Currently enjoying a Padilla black bear...this 6X60 is a straight BEAST!
  • SpazzSpazz Posts: 22
    Just finished a 5 vegas miami. thinking tonight might be a twofer.