Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    had my first undercrown today while stringing christmas lights on the house, and now I'm kicking it with the little guy . . . today was a good day.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    OchoZacho:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    top of the hour will be a san lotano oval
    Excellent choice my friend. I too shall partake in this, as Ive been wanting to try this one for quite a while. !!!

Just had an E.P Carillo Maduro and going to finish off with a San Lotano Oval. It's an online herf!
    im over half way and these are just great!
    JJ I cant put my finger on the aroma and taste,, almost like buttered carmel corn.. What the hell is it???? man its very unique!!!!
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    OchoZacho:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    Excellent choice my friend. I too shall partake in this, as Ive been wanting to try this one for quite a while. !!!

Just had an E.P Carillo Maduro and going to finish off with a San Lotano Oval. It's an online herf!
    JJ I cant put my finger on the aroma and taste,, almost like buttered carmel corn.. What the hell is it???? man its very unique!!!!
    lol, yea, wait till you get towards the end,,,,im almost ready to chew my lips off, lol
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:
    OchoZacho:
    The Kid:
    jj20030:

lol, yea, wait till you get towards the end,,,,im almost ready to chew my lips off, lol

not quite halfway yet but AMAZING so far!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Had a COA SOL . Was a decent enough smoke.
  • michaelharveymichaelharvey Posts: 202 ✭✭
    tat verocu 9
    boydmcgowan:
    had my first undercrown today while stringing christmas lights on the house, and now I'm kicking it with the little guy . . . today was a good day.
    Sounds like a wonderful day. I was in your neck of the woods all this week, and I miss the weather... Growing up I used to cruise woodside road west to San Gregorio beach, Spend some time watching the waves then head North on US 1 passed Half Moon Bay, continue over Devils Slide and take the skyline exit... I hear the new tunnel is almost finished...
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Just fired up a Cain Daytona Corona...wish I would have read this thread first, I would have fired up one of the two San Lotano Oval I've been wanting to try. Maybe I can make it a two stick night.
    amz1301:
    Just fired up a Cain Daytona Corona...wish I would have read this thread first, I would have fired up one of the two San Lotano Oval I've been wanting to try. Maybe I can make it a two stick night.
    I think the corona is the best vitola in the Daytona!
    The Kid:
    amz1301:
    Trying to figure out who I got this one from, think it was Kuzi dated 1-28-11, pretty nice so far.
  • Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Tonight I am having a San Lotano Oval with a pour of AAA 10 y/o.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    SCDLH Mercaderes
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    wwestern:
    SCDLH Mercaderes
    :DROOL:
    docbp87:
    wwestern:
    SCDLH Mercaderes
    Already done had to smoke it so fast just to keep it lit.... but it wasn't a bad smoke other than that.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Late post but last night was a Diesel UHC. And tonight I'm letting the misses pick one out. Updates to come.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Had a SLR CC and just finished a Macanudo 1997 maduro. Good night so far and a couple cigars to go.
    amz1301:
    The Kid:
    amz1301:
    Trying to figure out who I got this one from, think it was Kuzi dated 1-28-11, pretty nice so far.
    Why break the trend... just fired up my second stick of the night. San Lotano Oval toro, pretty refreshing after that Daytona
    wwestern:
    docbp87:
    wwestern:
    SCDLH Mercaderes
    Already done had to smoke it so fast just to keep it lit.... but it wasn't a bad smoke other than that.
    Overhumidified?
    I don't think so... haven't had any other issues lately and it's been in there for over 6 months.
    wwestern:
    I don't think so... haven't had any other issues lately and it's been in there for over 6 months.
    Interesting. Flukes happen, Cuba is Cuba. Also, PM back to you.
    docbp87:
    wwestern:
    Frustrating thiing about CCs. They are maddeningly inconsistent in almost every marca. You can get a box that smokes great but out of 25, 4 are plugged or wonky. The price you pay for CCs besides the price.

I have put my humidor from 70% down to 65% and it seems to help. Less dryboxing and more consistent burns.
    Marker:
    docbp87:
    wwestern:
    Frustrating thiing about CCs. They are maddeningly inconsistent in almost every marca. You can get a box that smokes great but out of 25, 4 are plugged or wonky. The price you pay for CCs besides the price.

I have put my humidor from 70% down to 65% and it seems to help. Less dryboxing and more consistent burns.
    I don't store anything at 70%, CC or NC, because I don't think ANYTHING smokes better at 70 than it does at 65. In fact, my cooler usually sits around 63%, and I almost never have burn issues as a result, and very rarely have draw issues with CCs. Also, Cuba has gotten gradually better since late 2001, early 2002 with quality control, and since about 2006 they have been making HUGE strides, leaps and bounds. In fact, I very very very rarely encounter anything from 2008 to present that has any kind of construction problem. Really huge production number cigars, like the Monte 4 sometimes have problems, but that has more to do with the fact that they make 25 million Monte 4s every year than it has to do with poor QC. The complaints about tight draws from Cuba tend to be exaggerated, especially with regard to more recent production, in my experience.
    They didn't have draw testers until 2002. Since then they have gotten much better. Still compared to NC they have more issues but they have gotten much better. That was a huge complaint about the 2001 Cohiba LE pyramide. Great smoke but had issues with draw. Personally I have not had draw issues with a CC yet but that is a limited sample size.
    Yeah I've had mine at 65% for almost a year now and it sure did help with burn issues.
    wwestern:
    Yeah I've had mine at 65% for almost a year now and it sure did help with burn issues.
    Yeah. Chalking the 70% humi rh to beginners stupidity. Fixed that a few months ago and it helped a lot. AB Black Market now.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Just finished my first CAO MX2. Great stick and I've liked all the CAOs I've tried so far. Got the sampler with two each of the Brazilia, Italia, Black, VR Moby and the MX2. Want to try the America but just haven't gotten around to getting one yet. They make some great cigars though so I'm sure it's a good one too. Agree with the 65% RH too. Had mine at around 70% for a while because that's what was usually said as ideal but I've liked em around 65% a lot better.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

J Fuego 777
  • Man O War Virtue. ive only had two of these but got to say, they are one of my favorites for sure.
  • Carlos Torano Exodus '50 Years , nubbed it !!
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    flayankee:
    Carlos Torano Exodus '50 Years , nubbed it !!
    Oh that does sound good, but Im tapped out on them. I'll have to see if the weather will allow me one tonight while at work. Thinking I'll hit a LHC since its been awhile and need to revisit it.