Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    wooo. aside from the dirty rat, I think this is the fullest bodied liga I've ever had
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Are you in a photography class Jilu I can identify the band lol. All I can say is I want one then. I thought the pig was stronger but could be due to the age on mine neither was new.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    jliu:
    wooo. aside from the dirty rat, I think this is the fullest bodied liga I've ever had
    amen to that I had one from the halloween release last yer and it was the strongest stick I had ever had, although I have not had opus. Knocked me down, I would love to try a uf13 which are supposed to be even stronger, I believe.
  • Options
    CmtrashCmtrash Posts: 51
    Room 101 SA
    Jaw breaker size didn't fare well. Really starting to grasp the wrapper vs. filler ratio and the difference it makes.
  • Options
    Lift603Lift603 Posts: 253
    Smoking a man o war ruination tonight
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    Playing a little guitar enjoying the cool night with a Rocky image
  • Options
    Cmtrash:
    Room 101 SA
    Jaw breaker size didn't fare well. Really starting to grasp the wrapper vs. filler ratio and the difference it makes.
    nice ash tray, have the same one for special occasions, I ant speak for the room 101 but I feel the same way about many 60 RG sticks, they just don't compare to their smaller brethren.
  • Options
    CmtrashCmtrash Posts: 51
    chemforever:
    Cmtrash:
    Room 101 SA
    nice ash tray, have the same one for special occasions, I ant speak for the room 101 but I feel the same way about many 60 RG sticks, they just don't compare to their smaller brethren.
    Preference of the smaller gauge is really starting to hit home here. Comparing the Room 101 SA to the Tatuaje Mexican Experiment I had early in the week and the choice is pretty clear for me. Different blends I know but end result was night/day. I would give the Room 101 SA another try in a smaller size but unfortunately only saw the largest available at the local B&M. In the future will just have to hold off until a better size arrives.
  • Options
    chemforever:
    jliu:
    amen to that I had one from the halloween release last yer and it was the strongest stick I had ever had, although I have not had opus. Knocked me down, I would love to try a uf13 which are supposed to be even stronger, I believe.
    yea totally getting a nicotine head rush right now haha. Overall, this one was a winner. Held that strength the entire time and had wonderful familiar liga chococlate goodness

Michael - I am picto version two point o. word
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Working my way through a DPG Cuban Classic from Feb '08, I've long been a fan of this blend, and the years have treated it well.
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    I have smoked the Undercrown but none of the other Liga's. How many others are there?
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Smoking a Ruination while waiting for laundry to dry
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    Smoking a Ruination while waiting for laundry to dry
    hi wolfie. it's been too long. it has been too too long. glad you picked up a cigar. please continue on the goodness
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Tonight I am having a Bueso Torpedo with a pour of Thomas Handy.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Today was a La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1. Original unbanded. This came from Jozer, And was with me for about four years. I had smoked several of these previously and once mentioned how they were hard or impossible for me to find. Well that's a sure way to discover some in your mailbox around here.... This was my last one and it was just as good as I remember, in my opinion better.
    Joe had mentioned he thought they had passed their prime, but I disagree. This stick was fantastic. I had a moment of regret when I finally had to put this one down..Enjoyed this one even after I burned my lips. Thanks Joe, that was nice.
  • Options
    Maybe I was having a bad cigar night kas, the flavors didn't seem as vibrant and upfront as I remember them. Guess this calls for a revisit pretty soon.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    How r those received one from bandy got it resting? Looks amazing in the humi.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Gaetano7890:
    How r those received one from bandy got it resting? Looks amazing in the humi.

It was fantastic. It'd been resting for 2 years. Great flavors, complex with a lot of chewy smoke. The burn was a bit uneven but it was a great cigar overall.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Smoking while waiting for my food to come.
  • Options
    image Rp made house blend for a store in AZ le in 2010. Got it in a sampler see how it goes.
  • Options
    This one has some age on it! image
  • Options
    ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Padilla Series '68. Ok smoke. Toasty, very slightly sweet. A bit dry for my tastes but was given to me by a fellow BOTL here in town.
  • Options
    chemforever:
    This one has some age on it! image
    Nice. Check out this one from yesterday.

• Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Smoking a Gurkha Beast on this rainy night
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    This afternoon I took my 9 year old grandson to the gun range. While there I enjoyed a DPG Black. Tonight I am kicking back with a Undercrown Gran Toro.
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107

Thanks Steve!
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    DPG Blue lancero