Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^ Excellent morning stick @dbeckom
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^ Excellent morning stick @dbeckom
    @Significant3 Espinosa is a master when it comes to the Connecticut wrapper. I am excited to see how these are in a few years. His 601 Black label was amazing, but sadly it was discontinued in 2010. It was loaded with the sweet creamy notes of a great Connie, but had loads of white pepper and a medium to full body. 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    So...... I didn't get a morning cigar today, Because at 4:30 in the morning I was chipping the last chunks of ice out of my Mini fridge in the shop....... Using a butcher knife....... Can you guess what happened?
    That's right dear readers lol I hit a coolant line.
    Had to hit the emergency blowers. Had to hit the emergency blowers.........
    Started seeing lights flashing and star bursts just as I got out lol.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...... I didn't get a morning cigar today, Because at 4:30 in the morning I was chipping the last chunks of ice out of my Mini fridge in the shop....... Using a butcher knife....... Can you guess what happened?
    And had you asked the wife she would've said let it defrost over night,  quick little clean up while you smoke your morning cigar ta-duh... lol silly boys 
    @Trish
    It did defrost over night.   But there was a big hunk of ice hanging mostly off. And I was tired of waiting.

• TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Trish
    It did defrost over night.   But there was a big hunk of ice hanging mostly off. And I was tired of waiting.
    Goof
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did that once, but I was a stupid teenager. What is your excuse? Lol
    I just looked outside and there’s frost everywhere! My morning cigar will now be mid morning. 

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    I too am venturing into new territory this morning with a Gurkha Chairman’s Select Perfecto. I’ve read good things about these (from real cigar enthusiasts...not the usual “Gurkha fans”), and I have to say that IMO they are one of Gurkha’s finest creations. When first lit the burn and the flavor were not great (on the tapered tip), but it quickly settled down when it got into the main body of the cigar. I can see these being a regular in my rotation 

dbeckom said:
    I too am venturing into new territory this morning with a Gurkha Chairman’s Select Perfecto. I’ve read good things about these (from real cigar enthusiasts...not the usual “Gurkha fans”), and I have to say that IMO they are one of Gurkha’s finest creations. When first lit the burn and the flavor were not great (on the tapered tip), but it quickly settled down when it got into the main body of the cigar. I can see these being a regular in my rotation 

They are pretty good as long as they don't blow your lips off.  Lol

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    5 Vegas Gold robusto
    :D You should be selling those to jd now that he’s caused a shortage.