Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Make A Wish (read first post)

Comments

• Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Still waiting on the sticks to arrive from Iraq.

Mikalsan said he sent them on Saturday.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ok good. i knew it would be a slow game. i guess i didnt account for cigars from Iraq. no worries though. its not supposed to be fast.
  • Options
    Anyone know how long it should take for a package to arrive from Iraq?

I'm trying to be patient, but it's been over 10 days since mikalsan said he sent the sticks. I don't have any experience with the military postal service...
  • Options
    its hit or miss really. ive had a package from iraq get here in 10 days and one from a base in Hawaii in 14.
  • Options
    Ok, so I'd guess it should be pretty soon now.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    You should see it any day now. I've seen it take anywhere from 8 days to 3 weeks.
  • Options
    I should have the sticks in hand on Monday. There was a delivery attempt this afternoon, but I just missed the mailman. Package was sent certified so a signature is required.
  • Options
    Got the package today. They seem to have survived their long journey just fine. The VR's and a couple nice bonus sticks were very well packed for the trip. Thanks Mikalsan, I can't wait to try them. Make your wish!
  • Options
    mikalsanmikalsan Posts: 53
    Shoots brah. I'm glad they finally made it. I was getting worried customs was smoking them in Kuwait or something. Ha ha. I'm glad you finally got them.

I problably could have packed a couple of boxes worth of sticks in that package, but I didnt want them to arrive in bad shape if the trip took to long, which is a good thing.

Well, Ill make my wish, then Ill stay out of the games till I return, so I dont hold things up so bad. I have decided I need to try the Arturo Fuente Hemingway. Who wants to grant my wish?
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I can Jiminy Cricket that wish, mikalsan. Send me your contact info and we'll make it happen.
  • Options
    Shoots, Thanks a million. I always loved that singing grasshopper. Ha ha.

These Hemingways have eluded me for too long. Are they going to ready to smoke, or will they need time?
  • Options
    They've been in my humi for a couple of weeks, and Hemingways are aged at the factory, so aside from letting them adjust to your local humidity (or lack thereof), I'd think they should be good to go. Give 'em a couple days, maybe. Or smoke one when they arrive. If you encounter problems, let the other rest a while.
  • Options
    It occurs to me that maybe you were asking about the shipping. I'll include a water pillow so they don't dry out on the way to you.
  • Options
    Hey, mikalsan, did you get my PM back to you? I need you to send me your addy again.
  • Options
    It seems mikalsan is, understandably, busy with other things right now. Can somebody who has sent him a package before PM me please? I hate the thought of him marching around Iraq thinking his Hemingways are on their way.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    It seems mikalsan is, understandably, busy with other things right now. Can somebody who has sent him a package before PM me please? I hate the thought of him marching around Iraq thinking his Hemingways are on their way.
    Brother Urbino.. It shows great character that you work so hard to be a man of your word .. It is nice to see that in people..
  • Options
    Yes Sir. I do appreciate all of your patience. I will also be a man of my word and stay out of the passes and trades till I return as to not wrench them up.

I re-sent my addy, and I ensured it was not a garble. <BR? I'm still new to the < br technology. I'd rather be using WYSIWYG, but Im not the forum manager. I'm using it on my site. Much cooler.
  • Options
    Thank you Urbino
  • Options
    mikalsan:
    Yes Sir. I do appreciate all of your patience. I will also be a man of my word and stay out of the passes and trades till I return as to not wrench them up.
    I wouldn't sweat it, mikalsan. I don't hear anybody complaining. I just didn't want to leave you hanging.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Mikal i think we're all understanding of your situation brother. Don't stay away.
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Mikal i think we're all understanding of your situation brother. Don't stay away.
    What he said. We understand completely that if at times you seem to not frequent the forums, it is not to stiff a fellow BOTL for a few sticks...but that more urgent matters require your attention ;) Your character is already established, given your willingness to serve where you are.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    mikalsan:
    No need to stay away although I understand because I was in the same boat until a month ago. Everyone here is pretty understanding and as long as you keep in touch or let people know ahead of time, they seem more than willing to be patient, so don't be afraid to play. Just keep people updated and take care of yourself until you get home.
  • Options
    So is it Urbi's wish coming up?
  • Options
  • Options
    madurofan:
    So is it Urbi's wish coming up?
    'Tis. Let me get mikalsan's package sent off, first. I got it all packed up last night, but I was running late today and ran off without it.
  • Options
    Okay. Check your PM, mikalsan. Tracking number has been sent.

Now, to come up with a wish...
  • Options
    Remember urbs this is for cigars, nothing else! We'd prefer you keep those wishes to yourself. ;)
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Well, Catherine Zeta-Jones ~is~ smoking; does that count? *wishes*
  • Options
    Five CZJ's coming right up! Mine's a churchill but I'll send petit corona's for you, seems more appropriate for a man of your stature. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I'm more of a Demi Moore man, myself.

I think I know what I'll wish for, maddy. I'm just waiting for mikalsan to let us know he's received the package. The tracking info says it left San Francisco on the 12th, so hopefully it's winging its way to the desert as we speak.