Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Make A Wish (read first post)

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ok cool. im going to the shop tomorrow ( i hope) If i do ill grant the wish. if not... well ... i wont.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    ok cool. im going to the shop tomorrow ( i hope) If i do ill grant the wish. if not... well ... i wont.
    well that sounds like a definite maybe.
    aaaarrrrrgggg!!!! no. not an angry pirate. an angry me.

i hopped into my car to go buy some of these cigars to grand the wish and i have a flat tire. so not only does this ruin my day but i have to tap into my cigar budget to replace the tire. no smokes for me.

poop.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    bah there are a ton of subarus around me lets go steal their tires!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    New? You can't get it fixed?
    tires arent on warrenty. its not free and its time consuming. I have to wait for my neighbor to get home anyway. the jack i have i dont trust at all. he has a good one.
    kuzi16:
    tires arent on warrenty. its not free and its time consuming. I have to wait for my neighbor to get home anyway. the jack i have i dont trust at all. he has a good one.
    It sounds like another investment idea ( a better jack ) But than again you probably will never have another flat tire in your lifetime after today.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    aah the tires shouldnt be that bad in price what size rims?
    Dude you should be able to just take it to a proper tire shop and get it patched from the inside tops $50.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    My wife got a flat in her new car several years ago. We took it to get the tire patched, and the guy was taking info down about our vehicle since it wasn't in their system yet.

(the year was 1999, I guess we weren't married yet)
    Shop Guy: What year is your Grand Am?

My Wife: 1999

Shop Guy: How many miles are on it?

My Wife: A hundred

Shop Guy: Wow. You got a hundred thousand miles already?

My Wife: No. 100 miles.
    You can't always get it patched.. We had a tire go on our MDX a couple months ago... only 8K miles on the tire. The hole also had a good-sized rip and the tire had to be replaced.
    dutyje:
    My wife got a flat in her new car several years ago. We took it to get the tire patched, and the guy was taking info down about our vehicle since it wasn't in their system yet.

(the year was 1999, I guess we weren't married yet)
    Shop Guy: What year is your Grand Am?

My Wife: 1999

Shop Guy: How many miles are on it?

My Wife: A hundred

Shop Guy: Wow. You got a hundred thousand miles already?

My Wife: No. 100 miles.
    LMAO ...
    dutyje:
    You can't always get it patched.. We had a tire go on our MDX a couple months ago... only 8K miles on the tire. The hole also had a good-sized rip and the tire had to be replaced.
    True but if just came out to a flat normally thats just a hole u'd think. A rip would be a pretty instant flat.
    good point... fix-a-flat ;)
    The only issue with fix a flat is onc eyou put it in there a lot of places wont fix the tire.
    yeah, because that stuff is crap... just take 5 minutes and change the tire.. let the pros patch the hole
    dutyje:
    yeah, because that stuff is crap... just take 5 minutes and change the tire.. let the pros patch the hole
    It also clogs the valve stem making inflating the tire difficult. Use only in an emergency.
    good point
    im getting a new car in less than a year and dont wanna spend any real amount of money on it. fix a flat should be fine. right now its got bridgestone tires on it. to replace te tires on my car right now (depending on the brand and what not) im looking at a range of $72 - 172 for each tire.
    plus the guy at auto zone says that fix a flat is permanent, good for the type of flat i have and wont hinder the inflation proscess now or later.
    Be wary of the auto zone guys. When I used to have my VW bug I used to ask them for a water pump for a 74 beetle every time I went in there and laugh while they searched the computer for it. It used to be back in the day that those guys knew waht they were doing now-a-days I typically know more than they do, and I don't know that much.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    kuzi16:
    im getting a new car in less than a year and dont wanna spend any real amount of money on it. fix a flat should be fine. right now its got bridgestone tires on it. to replace te tires on my car right now (depending on the brand and what not) im looking at a range of $72 - 172 for each tire.
    plus the guy at auto zone says that fix a flat is permanent, good for the type of flat i have and wont hinder the inflation proscess now or later.
    Hopefully you haven't done it already, but DON'T USE FIX A FLAT OR ANYTHING LIKE IT. It will permanantly throw the balance of your tires off. After working in an Auto shop, we could not balance a tire that had fix a flat. We would set the weight and re-balance and have to insert another weight. After 2 times, we would ask the customer if they used the Fix a Flat and every time it was a yes. Go to autozone and get a patch kit. Fill the tire up and put water on it to find the leak. Follow the instructions and your fix will last forever. The inside patches are great, but don't offer that much more of a guarantee. It is like saying 99% good to 99.5% good. Fix it right the first time and don't worry. I have put 30K on a regular patch.
    vankleekkw:
    kuzi16:
    Hopefully you haven't done it already, but DON'T USE FIX A FLAT OR ANYTHING LIKE IT. It will permanantly throw the balance of your tires off. After working in an Auto shop, we could not balance a tire that had fix a flat. We would set the weight and re-balance and have to insert another weight. After 2 times, we would ask the customer if they used the Fix a Flat and every time it was a yes. Go to autozone and get a patch kit. Fill the tire up and put water on it to find the leak. Follow the instructions and your fix will last forever. The inside patches are great, but don't offer that much more of a guarantee. It is like saying 99% good to 99.5% good. Fix it right the first time and don't worry. I have put 30K on a regular patch.
    too late. Oh well. I have the car for less than a year now... im not too worried. I dont drive that much.
    vankleekkw:
    kuzi16:
    Good to know. Yet another reason not too use it, among the many others I've heard.
    Still no CAO Italia for the Scramblin' Man? If we don't get this sorted out soon, I'll head to the shop on my birthday and pick 'em up. I've been wanting to try those myself.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    dutyje:
    Still no CAO Italia for the Scramblin' Man?
    I have to say I'm surprised by that, too. Those get a lot of talk around here, so I would've thought somebody would have some on hand.
    id still hold out.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I think I'll wait a couple more days on this, then make another wish.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Scrambler:
    I think I'll wait a couple more days on this, then make another wish.
    Hi Scrambler. what is it you are looking for. I don't know if I can help but I sure hope I can.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Scrambler's looking for some CAO Italias, laker.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Oh. No that isn't something I have. I have 3 CAO Black Bengals coming as part of this Fridays one day sampler but that obviously doesn't fit the bill. Sorry Scrambler