Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hahaha. It's where we get onto a zoom, all smoke cigars, and generally hang out virtually. Check out the "new vherf (zoom)" thread .

Don't look ↑
  • Options

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/900837/new-vherf-zoom

Guys filter in and out most days from about 6 eastern till past midnight. I get on somewhere around 930 or 10 eastern. We usually have 4-10 peeps on during the weekend.

@Silverado20

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Silverado20Silverado20 Posts: 7

@VegasFrank said:
    https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/900837/new-vherf-zoom

Guys filter in and out most days from about 6 eastern till past midnight. I get on somewhere around 930 or 10 eastern. We usually have 4-10 peeps on during the weekend.

@Silverado20

Nice. Can I find out what a DMZ is if I get in there? Lol

• Options

A DZR. Yes, you will probably get your answer in there.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @Silverado20, don't trust @peter4jc, I had to fire him as my CAS Sponsor because every time I had a craving to buy cigars instead of talking me down he egged me on. With friends like these...

Ask your 9 yo about vHerf, they probably are using Zoom for school. Appropriate because if you jump on vHerf you'll get schooled on cigars. It's the advanced course.

Friday is normally family night so i won't be on, but might get on tomorrow or Sunday.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Silverado20 , you may be the most welcomed member ever. You did your homework. Nice! Hopefully you stick around. It's an interesting bunch of outliers here. We tend not to take ourselves too seriously most of the time. Even on serious matters, you'll find that while someone may despise your political pick or your favorite sports team, they don't transfer that feeling to you. Perhaps you'll fit in. I look forward to your contributions.

If the powers that be ever deign to bring viable internet to my area, instead of the 0.0023 mbps service that's actually provided, I'll try and get on V-herf with the rest of you. That reality got voted in, then once the town-dwellers got theirs they voted to discontinue progress for the rest of the county. Then, suddenly, there was an emergency meeting where all the folks who'd voted to deny it to the rest of us had miraculously changed their minds. I suspect they got a lot of cards and letters in the intervening weeks.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

↑ That right there is a pro introduction..... I wonder where he got his pointers from 🧐

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @Cam_91

• Options
    edited January 2021

@Cam_91 You get a wtf for your sharTs fandom. We will be enemies. Go knights go.

:D

Welcome brother.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @Cam_91

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard @Cam_91 Your going to fit right in here. I hear your a hot sauce guy. I’ll put you on my list and when I harvest my ghost peppers 🌶 I’ll send some your way 😊

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options

@GaryThompson said:

@Vision said:
    ↑ That right there is a pro introduction..... I wonder where he got his pointers from 🧐

Shyte, he gets it and the brains from his Mom. You see my clumsy posts...

Good to see you finally pop in for a visit @Cam_91

I’m married with a son.... that’s exactly who I was talking about 🤣😂

• Options

Welcome @Cam_91, great intro post. West Coast Cigar is my local too but haven't been there in a long time.

The vHerf is a Zoom conference that we jump on to hang out, smoke, and chew the fat. Link's in my signature and on my page if it hasn't slipped off again.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @Cam_91 great first post. Welcome to the forum

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @Cam_91, this place will cost ya, but in a good way. Too bad you didn't have a male figure to help introduce you to the hobby. B)

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @Cam_91

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @Cam_91 . Good to have you aboard.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome Kevin. Play around with the search feature there’s tons of knowledge from years past there.

• Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Kevin, welcome aboard.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @KHarvey365, make sure you have some storage before you jump into the deep end

• Options

Welcome welcome!

• Options
    KHarvey365KHarvey365 Posts: 10 ✭✭✭

@TheKraken yeah that wouldn’t be good. I have a 25 ct box already seasoned and ready to go.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes.

• Options

@KHarvey365 said:
    @TheKraken yeah that wouldn’t be good. I have a 25 ct box already seasoned and ready to go.

What do you have to store next week's cigars? Welcome brother....

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:

@KHarvey365 said:

What do you have to store next week's cigars? Welcome brother....

25....next week..... who are you kidding Frank. That’s your weekend!

• Options

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Welcome @KHarvey365 Kevin!